FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 kai orbital disconnections... a lot View next topic
View previous topic
tweek
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XLink Kai crashes, a lot. After about five or ten minutes into a game of Halo 2, UI and engine will drop out, occasionally throwing up a message that says 'orbital connection lost', etc. I thought there was a problem on my end, but acc'd to the Statistics panel on www.teamxlink.co.uk, everything is solid, so I can only assume the problem is on my end.

I didn't have this problem with Halo 1 - the connection was much, much more solid then. Different version of Kai, however.

Another question - is the Linux version of XLink Kai ... stable, does it require X-Windows or can it be run in a shell? My p133 server has no monitor or keyboard and is kinda buried (ie, hard to access physically) and my fbsd install is messed up as of now; a script that brings the engine up and keeps it up for an hour or two, combined with XBMC's much-improved Kai support, would be awesome.

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? Yes; both TCP and UDP packets on 2718 and 2719 are forwarded to 192.168.1.101, the box I'm using.
Is your console being detected? No
Brief description of your network setup: Linksys BEFSR11 one-port router, five-port hub connecting four other boxes, including the Xbox. Everything's accessible, nothing seems wrong with it.
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? WinXP SP2's firewall; Kai is already in the exception list.
Operating System? XP Pro with SP2. I'll put fbsd back on when I have more time.
Problem description? Poor stability; lost connection over ten times last night over a period of two hours, while playing.

I'm usually put on the Midwest orbital; I'm on MidcoNet in SD. Here's my config, in case it's needed:

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiUsername=tweek
kaiPort=2718
kaiDeepPort=2719
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default[/b]
neo529
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having that same problem... can anyone help?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It clearly says in the help file, *NEVER PUT ANYTHING* into Kai Deep Port. Leave it as 0. Your port forward is rather low, might want to just change it up to 30000 UDP and reflect the changes in the Kai Config. Tool (Kai Port only).

Also, your console's not even getting detected so that's another issue to look at after this. What might help is if you tick 'Allow Dangerous NICs', or if you see the network card in the list in teh Kai Config. Tool, select it instead of Autodetect and Lock.

As for neo529, create your own Help Request form.

kaid (The Linux Kai Engine) is all command line, no official GUI exists yet (there are some users who've started developing some in the Linux forum). You can just use XBMC to control the engine, or the Win32 UI on a Win32 machine. Put Linux related questions in the Linux forum so Luis can answer them.

EDIT: no responce in over a week, assuming problem solved.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic