FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Joystick icon in kai via xbmc View next topic
View previous topic
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

does this mean that aso is playing a game?.

sorry if its a dumb question.

Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a good question. It's meant to mean that the person is already playing a system link game. I'm thinking of having icons for idlers and hosters. However the information XBMC gets from the Kai engine isn't 100% accurate just yet so i wouldn't pay too much attention at the moment Smile
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The icons for idlers and hosters is a good Idea.
Very Happy

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime.
is it possible to have icons of the people who are using xbmc, and those that are using kai normally?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its possible and the idea I found appealing, but then when I thought about it - I wanted it only because I was curious, I wasn't sure of a more convincing reason for having it.

However, it might be nice to know which players are using clients that support text chat?

i.e. if a player is using a client that can support text chat then display a keyboard icon. however if a client has a headset connected, then display the speaker icon dimmed in preference to the keyboard.
modhack
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So chat with virtual keyboard incoming ?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
runtime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no you misunderstand, its probably the thing with the lowest priority if it had one Wink (although I conceed that ppl who had an xbox and keyboard connected might find this appealing)

what i meant to say is that you'd be able to see who was using a PC / client that supported text chat; and who had a headset (supporting voice chat) plugged into their controller. useful steps to take in preparing for private arena voice chat when it eventually comes (it'll be a while, TD will want to let things run there course for a bit and stabilize before he'll consider anything like this).
modhack
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime wrote:
no you misunderstand, its probably the thing with the lowest priority if it had one Wink...

don't sound good Confused

Also you mean that KAi features improvment are the first priority for xbmc dev for the moment ?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
runtime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

stability and overall features improvement is my top priority. virtual keyboard text chat isn't going to be a fun experience for people, its slow, and I'm sure they'd rather much prefer to be playing games. but something needs to be done to improve communication across the board, its not easy to set up a game between people if they can't communicate with each other, my ideal thing would be if everybody had a headset like with xbox live. we need to support private arena voice chat before people will want to do this.
runtime

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if you're thinking that i'm missing the big picture please let me know, these are only my thoughts, XBOX Live seems to work very well with people using headsets (and no keyboards) to communciate so I thought I'd try and emulate that success.

one more thing, xbmc dev as far as kai is concerned = me. theres no one else working on this stuff.
modhack
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime wrote:

one more thing, xbmc dev as far as kai is concerned = me. theres no one else working on this stuff.

Wink continue your very good job
sparkfarmer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First I'd Have to say Thanks for all you'r hard work making this work for XBMC..

Second What do the Icons stand for? I can tell the house is for hosting and the joystick is for ingame.

what are the rest? and what do they mean?
runtime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

zZz - idling (these people do not have a kai client running, although their engine is running).

abc - user is running a kai client with text chat support

speaker - user is running a kai client with headset+mic support, with headset connected.

I wouldn't get too hung up about the idle (zZz) icon - the info returned by the engine is somewhat inaccurate presently.

PS. I recently added text chat support to XBMC Kai with USB keyboard support and virtual keyboard for good measure Smile
sparkfarmer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen the zZz alot. even with a joystick icon. guess that is away playing a game lol.

by the way. Your UI for xlink is great. Wish I could send ya a case of beer! or some product of BC!
[MF]Kain
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime wrote:

PS. I recently added text chat support to XBMC Kai with USB keyboard support and virtual keyboard for good measure Smile

Runtime, i have been messing around with the 11-23 build and i must say that u continue to impress me with every new feature. The text chat is awesome. Now i can chat with people using the kai gui and people with xbmc and a headset. I know u said u were gonna "pretty" it up but to tell u the truth i dont think it looks too bad right now. So cheers for that. One thing is that if u dont have a usb keyboard typing back and forth can take a while. So what i suggest is something that myself and [mf]mkjones have both suggested allready in the ava forums. How about a "quick phrase" list. So lets say u are in chat view. Click the left thumbstick ( or whatever u decide is easiest) and it brings up a list of phrases that the user customizes. There could be an unlimited amount of phrases and u could use the triggers to scroll through them faster. Then u would just click on one to post it quickly. These would be common phrases that u would use all the time in kai chat. Like gg, yes, no, u host, ill host, How bout some CTF?, man i got smoked, your mom is hot. U know phrases u would use a lot. I think that would keep the text chat moving a bit faster.

I have also found a few bugs in the 11-23 build but since they dont involve kai i will post them on the xbmc forums. So thanks again man for making xbmc the best app around. Cheers.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The pre-programmed phrases was something Bo-XLink had (as well as keyboard support).

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah i remember that, not sure if it had user customizable ones though. I think it would make it sooo much easier this way. U could even have a quickphrase.txt file in xbmc folder that you could just edit with your comp if u like so typing up and editing all your custom phrases would be uber fast. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmmm Smile
[MF]Kain
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If u like that idea i have loads more Wink we have lots of internal clan discussions on this kind of stuff Smile

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]Kain wrote:
Yeah i remember that, not sure if it had user customizable ones though. I think it would make it sooo much easier this way. U could even have a quickphrase.txt file in xbmc folder that you could just edit with your comp if u like so typing up and editing all your custom phrases would be uber fast. Just a thought.

XLink -> Options -> Bo-XLink (fuck I even remember where to go Confused) You could add as many text strings as you wanted Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic