dclayw
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Intermittent
Are you using a port-forward? Yes
Is your console being detected? Yes
Brief description of your network setup:
Netgear WGT624 wireless router. The PC running Kai is hardwired to the router. The xbox is connected to a Netgear WGE101 wireless bridge. There are no other devices connected to the bridge.

Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? No
Operating System? Windows NT 4
Problem description?
Installed Kai yesterday. Never had a problem with the xbox being detected as shown in Kai daignostics. Had a problem with the Network not reachable, but once I'd set up a port forward (30000) to the IP of the PC running Kai, the network was then reachable. Thought I was set to go, but could not see any games when going into system link. I know there were definitely games there because my brother had set up a game and I was on the phone trying to join it (Halo2). He said he could see me attempting to join, but the status he could see for me was "establishing link" or something similar. Tried for several hours, no go, also tried different games, e.g. Project Gotham Racing 2, still can't see any games.

Was having another go today, but now I get Network not reachable all day, except would you believe, as I am writing this I checked again and the network is now reachable. Can only assume there was some problem on the Kai site today. Still can't see any games though.

I know there are some problems with the Netgear WGE101 wireless bridge, but I also know that some people have it working with the same configuration as mine, even with the same router. I have not set up any MAC translation, but people with this router have it working without any translation.

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiUsername=
kaiPassword=
kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=2
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=ON
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

Last edited by dclayw on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
rosso
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

might want to remove your username and password from there mate.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Turn PAT off in the Kai Config. Tool. That should sort you out. Also, you *need* to at least go to Arena mode if you want to see 'Network Reachable' turn to 'Yes' if it's working.

Note: This *doesn't* mean that if you wanted to play in Messenger Mode, you would have to run Kai, enter Arena mode (to make network reachable), then go back to Messenger Mode. It's just the engine can't be probed by just sitting in Messenger Mode.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Turn PAT off in the Kai Config. Tool. That should sort you out. Also, you *need* to at least go to Arena mode if you want to see 'Network Reachable' turn to 'Yes' if it's working.

dfunked,
Thanks. Turned PAT off and was able to see a game. Joined the game and seemed to work OK. I did notice that when in the Halo2 screen seaching for games the game kept disappearing and reappearing. As I haven't seen this before, not sure if that's normal or not.

Btw, what is PAT anyway, just interested, some kind of address translation I expect.

Thanks again, got me going after many hours. Very Happy This help request can be closed.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Port Address Translation. Kinda like something we'll never tell anybody to use, but it's there in case someone has a majorly weird ISP and connection and they'll need to use it.

Halo 2 flickering is normal, but it should have stabilised a fair bit after we ran out the latest updates.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic