FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC 11-11-04, Xlink Kai and Voice Chat/Text Chat View next topic
View previous topic
prominance
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I got the latest XBMC and Xlink Kai Latest running on my PC in engine mode. In XBMC I can see arenas and so forth, but just a couple of questions on the new Xlink Kai UI fir XBMC

1. Where is the voice chat option?

2. How do I text chat. How do I bring up a virtual keyboard to type or how do you even chat at all via text? I see no boxes to input text or anything like that?

3. I thought Kai was setup so you did not have to join a particular room/private lobby to join a game. In Halo 2 for example, when I go to the America arena and then start Halo 2, under System link there are never any games to join. Its is only when I actually join a room someone created that I can join the game. I thought the new kai eleminated this so that you do not have to keep browsing room to room if you do not want

4. How do you invite people?

5. How do you create a game within XBMC?

6. And how come the only games that showup in XBMC Xlink Kai are the ones you have saves for?
[MF]chilin_dude
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
2. How do I text chat. How do I bring up a virtual keyboard to type or how do you even chat at all via text? I see no boxes to input text or anything like that?

I too would like to know if this is planned? (bonus points, i searched Wink )
dbldown768
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For ONE you should maybe use the search button and read a bit. maybe take a look at the stickies.

Quote:
1. Where is the voice chat option?

you can only chat with your friends at the moment

Quote:

there is not text chat and there probably wont be. its much easier to use a headset just like XBL and thats how they are designing it. so spend a few dollars and go buy a headset, well worth it to talk to friends in the games.

Quote:
3. I thought Kai was setup so you did not have to join a particular room/private lobby to join a game. In Halo 2 for example, when I go to the America arena and then start Halo 2, under System link there are never any games to join. Its is only when I actually join a room someone created that I can join the game. I thought the new kai eleminated this so that you do not have to keep browsing room to room if you do not want

You can stay in the main arena, there are always games being hosted there. i have played in them myself - could be setup issue on your side.

Quote:
4. How do you invite people?

with the invite on the side menu

Quote:
5. How do you create a game within XBMC?

with the create game on the side of the menu, however unless u are using the most current build to date, u migh thave a few issues with this in XBMC - i suggest u only join using XBMC and host using a PC UI

Quote:
6. And how come the only games that showup in XBMC Xlink Kai are the ones you have saves for?

cuz those are the games you own, all the rest are in the arenas. plus only the system link games are in there. why the hell would other games be listed that you dont own or cant play system link

Last edited by dbldown768 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys you havent got the latest build of xbmc.
19-11-04 is latest build. i belive.

you have a lot of questions there that be answerd via the search button.
please have a look for your answers there, if you cant find anything, then please come back.

*sorry, only just seen what his post date was.thanx dbldown for jumping in*

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic