FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC won't connect to Kai engine but router does... View next topic
View previous topic
SS-Dasgooch
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been screwing with this problem for a few days but I can't seem to get it figured out. When I setup Kai for Engine Only (dashboards) and go turn on my xbox I get a message in my system tray saying 192.168.0.1 has connected to the engine. The problem is that is the address of my router and not my xbox. Also once this happens it appears that it locks my router and won't accept connections from any other pc and my internet connection stops working. I am running XBMC 11-18 build and using a Microsoft MN-500 wireless basestation (pc and xbox are connected to ethernet hub). Does anyone have any ideas because i am at the end of my rope.
dbldown768
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whats the real IP of your xbox? whats the IP of ur PC? are u using DHCP? does kai work using theh PC as ur UI? u have to explain a bit more.

one tip to try is to set your xbox IP outside your routers DHCP range, so if your router uses 192.168.0.100 -192.168.0.199 as DHCP use 192.168.0.201 or something for your xbox, and make it static
SS-Dasgooch
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel really retarded, I forgot that I had deleted my game save info for XBMC and didn't set my static ip back in the settings when I upgraded my XBMC to the newest build. Not sure why it kept getting 192.168.0.1 but it works now with my static ipaddress.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic