FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Rainbow Six 3 troubles... View next topic
View previous topic
Byrne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been successful with Project Gotham Racing 2, but with RS3, everytime, when I get to nearly half way through the loading screen to enter a lobby, the loading bar pauses for a few seconds, and then, the screen changes to a darker colour, the progress bar doesn't move, and a few seconds later, I get a Connection Failure. This happens every time.
SenTinaL
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Same problem here.... can see lots of games listed, but when I try and join it gets half way thru loading the red bar and kicks me out.

I have the maps that are being played, so that is not the prob.

SenTinaL
ANZSACs uNiTe.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SenTinaL wrote:
Same problem here.... can see lots of games listed, but when I try and join it gets half way thru loading the red bar and kicks me out.

I am not sure if this is the reason or not, but I noticed the other day a game on RS3 that I also could not join. I looked for them in the room and did not see the person hosting. I then went into messenger mode where I found the group of about 7 playing. Once I added all of the 7 members playing and they added me I was able to join the game. This could be why.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
SenTinaL wrote:

I am not sure if this is the reason or not, but I noticed the other day a game on RS3 that I also could not join. I looked for them in the room and did not see the person hosting. I then went into messenger mode where I found the group of about 7 playing. Once I added all of the 7 members playing and they added me I was able to join the game. This could be why.

Stuff that! Sounds waaaaay too hard...won't be playin' much RS3 then I guess.

SenTinaL
ANZSACs uNiTe.
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Part of tonights cumulative client update - should get this crap fixed...

TD
jmel
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

also guys, remember that with rainbow six, you must remove any live updates if you have them, whether you host or join. This makes it much easier to be able to join games.

Also remember, that the retail game is incompatible with any pirate betas, so make sure your copy is legit.

xboxgeek
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also if you have any Homebrew maps. All users must be running the same version for the game to work. If in doubt use Map Manager to install the latest versions.

Cheers
Byrne
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jmel wrote:
also guys, remember that with rainbow six, you must remove any live updates if you have them, whether you host or join. This makes it much easier to be able to join games.

Also remember, that the retail game is incompatible with any pirate betas, so make sure your copy is legit.

Remove any Live updates...? Why?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can call up MS Live support and get billed, but they'll tell you the same thing. Live updates make RS3 (and other games, such as CounterStrike) incompatible with XBoxes that don't have the updates. It's just like trying to play CS 1.6 on the PC and trying to join one of the new Steam servers. It won't work.

The Live updates were some changes to weapons and other things that people could use to cheat with. From your XBox dashboard's memory manager, you can safely delete the Live updates (or so I believe).
SenTinaL
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
From your XBox dashboard's memory manager, you can safely delete the Live updates (or so I believe).

Anyone got more info on this?

SenTinaL
ANZSACs uNiTe.
jmel
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SenTinaL wrote:
dfunked wrote:
From your XBox dashboard's memory manager, you can safely delete the Live updates (or so I believe).

Anyone got more info on this?

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=401

PhilX
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I downloaded those homebrew maps for RS3... will this be the reason why i can't see any game being hosted? I've been trying to play RS3 for a week with no luck at all... should I delete all homebrew maps on my Xbox? or just get the latest maps?

-PhilX-
jmel
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PhilX wrote:
I downloaded those homebrew maps for RS3... will this be the reason why i can't see any game being hosted? I've been trying to play RS3 for a week with no luck at all... should I delete all homebrew maps on my Xbox? or just get the latest maps?

-PhilX-

well always get the latest maps... but no, having the maps wont cause you not to see games.

[SaD]TizzO
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Homebrew Maps are definitely not the reason you can't see other games/connect to other games.

This would only be an issue when the game hosted uses another version of the same homebrew map. But even then you should see the game as being hosted in syslink. BTW the problem with incompatible versions can easily be overcome if you always use the XR8D Map Manager to download and install the maps.

The only causes for your problem I can think of have to do with incompatibility of the game itself, either due to the use of a beta version or because you have installed the Live updates.

Hope to have helped you a bit!

gRtz tiZ

Killing peeps since '03
SenTinaL
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked wrote:
You can call up MS Live support and get billed, but they'll tell you the same thing. Live updates make RS3 (and other games, such as CounterStrike) incompatible with XBoxes that don't have the updates. It's just like trying to play CS 1.6 on the PC and trying to join one of the new Steam servers. It won't work.

The Live updates were some changes to weapons and other things that people could use to cheat with. From your XBox dashboard's memory manager, you can safely delete the Live updates (or so I believe).

CounterStrike is not made incompatible if one persone has the LIVE updates and the other not. Tested this the other night and game run fine 100%, except can only play maps that non LIVE player had of course.

Might be worth actually compiling a list and have a new topic for games that LIVE updates actually do cause issues for on xlink (and how to resolve), so far RS3 is the only one I have had connection problems with.

SenTinaL
ANZSACs uNiTe.
PhilX
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So if the maps arent the problem... is it the game itself? didnt know that there were different versions of Rainbow Six... I actually have the full version without Live updates... definetly i dont have the beta or demo version... i cant c any games being hosted at all...dont know why, but its only this game, i can play PGR2 and Halo without any problems... i better delete all these homebrew maps just in case and ill tell u what happened... btw i believe that most of the ppl here doesnt have the live update -right?-...
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to clarify, when you say full, you have bought it right? I ask becasue there was a time when I was on XBC and I saw a host in China with a great ping. I tried to join. I didn't see any game hosted. Luckly, I have had a few games before on another server where I could see the game so I knew it wasn't my setup. Anyhow, I'm in there chat room and I tell the guy I can't join. Does he have the Live updates on I ask? He said no. I asked him does he have the beta version, he said 'no, it's the full version'. Then he tells me he knows what the problem is, hes got the PAL version. Ok I thought and went to xbox-scene.com to ask if the ntsc and pal are compatible. They are. I think all live games are. Thats where I was told it's either they had a pirate version or had the live updates. Thinking about it, with the amount of counterfit goods over there, it's most likely they had pirate copies which they belive to be full versions but are not compatible with the retail version.

If you have the retail version, have you tried playing it from the dvd rom?

oh, I have the retail version backedup on my HD and I don't have the LIVE updates. I have all the Maps from the mapmanager installed and no hacked weapons, profiles or cheats.

PhilX
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MMM... maybe u r right... EDITED... but i remember ive played twice with Kai... do u think the guys i played with had downloaded versions too??? maybe... so the answer should be that downloaded versions r not compatible with retail versions... period... that's sad but what can i do... don't tell me to get the original RS3 since i can't find it in my country... i would like to get the original one but cant do that here... I have PGR2 (downloaded ver.) and I can play it with Kai... i think only some games are not compatible with downloaded versions... why RS3!!! Ill keep trying maybe ill find some guy that has a downloaded ver...
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Xlink does not deal with downloaded games (Only the use of homebrew games/apps will be tolerated), keep that kind of talk up and you will end up banned.

You have been warned.

PhilX
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry about that...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic