FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 - Trainer why bother to play at all View next topic
View previous topic
vassagolq
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

STOP THE USE OF TRAINERS, they are damn annoying, and it really takes away from the online experience, if there is a way to detect them, please fire away, but please i want to play an honest game and get beat fairly, as i knbow i wont win, but its fun all the same, i hope you have enjoyed my run-on sentance babbling complaint, have a nice day.

"Theres an old cat saying, who ever heard of a worm skin rug."
Diablo911
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reporting cheaters is a great idea, fortunately I haven't met any yet. However, I did once get accused of cheating. I don't know whether that is insulting or complimentory b/c I wasn't cheating. I ended up feeling bad for my opponents and quit that host after the next match. Anyway, let's not get playing well confused with cheating plz... though the instances mentioned thoughout this thread sound like there were without a doubt people using a trainer. Needless to say if I got banned for playing well, I would not be happy Sad.
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we are currently creating a new forum, specificly to tackle the issue of cheaters I think that we should really look on the up side, and note that the majority of players on kai dont cheat, and would rather cut off there left nipple that play with cheaters.
DCJoeDog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish we could use punkbuster Sad

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this does not turn into a Witch Hunt. Many players not up to calibre (or think they are) will point fingers and scream - happens all the time in the PC gaming world.

Realize that the guys at Microsoft are probably having a field day over this and can point to this very problem as to the primary benefit of signing up with Live. In fact, the more trainers/bots/cheats, the better for Live.

Reporting names, has been shown time and time again throughout history that it does NOT work and eventually leaves a sour taste in people who would've believed in the cause.

I leave you with this article's commentary on the US and your decision to elect Bush and his use of rat-your-neighbour agenda.

http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/commentary.asp?record_id=306
DCJoeDog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And yet, if we don't scare cheaters away the problem will get more and more out of hand.

And it's not like we will go into one game and lose and immidiately say a person is cheating, it's over a long period of time of watching, the pattern is fairly obvious.
No matter how much you shoot them, they just won't die.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe there should be a "report user" button next to everybody's name, which requires a description of what happened. if enough come in, you ban that player. kind of like reporting a post in forums.
Snake911
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have posted this same massege on another thread so some one please take notice or point me to the rt direction.....

hello folks! Evox-T members (trainer makers) are trying to contact XLink team members in order to help this situation so so can some one plz get in touch with them here
http://forums.maxconsole.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44
specifically DootDoo one of the mods along with AcidFlash and others who created the trainers for Halo2 and many of the games that these problems are being seen in, so please someone get in touch!

These guys are trying to work with the tunneling communities to bring an end to this so please the two teams need to collaborate as soon as possible!
[MF]chilin_dude
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah please contact them, would be good to stop the use of trainers!
Shifu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So, is there loads of people using the trainer then. I know Murder found a few guys and I saw a couple when in a match along side him (we still won Very Happy).... man those things are pointless.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday evening I was playing Halo 2 with a lot of people...I attacked some players with an energy sword..slashed 3x on there heads and ...nothing... I fired from short distance with a brute weapon and...nothing...what does this mean? That some people are cheating like hell...this really pissed me off and I hope there will be a way to get these players banned from Xlink....it ruins the whole gaming experience...is it not possible to get the nick they use in the game to connect to the nick hey have to log in?

KEEP IT FAIR PEEPS !!!
Dolfhin
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

funk-a-delic wrote:
Yesterday evening I was playing Halo 2 with a lot of people...I attacked some players with an energy sword..slashed 3x on there heads and ...nothing... I fired from short distance with a brute weapon and...nothing...what does this mean? That some people are cheating like hell...this really pissed me off and I hope there will be a way to get these players banned from Xlink....it ruins the whole gaming experience...is it not possible to get the nick they use in the game to connect to the nick hey have to log in?

KEEP IT FAIR PEEPS !!!

I once did a long attack 4 times with the sword on the same player... he didn't cheat he was hosting and my connection was lagging out. I killed him big time with a rocket launcher after that and won the match with 25-23 Very Happy
I also did a few betrayls simple because of lag, I was turning my ghost but the lag decided to teleport me just for an ally while I was still boosting, or when i was attacking an enemy with an ally and accidently killed the wrong guy because the lag Surprised

Lag might look a lot like cheating but It certainly isn't!
MoshMan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im about to have a go on it now, not played in a while because i got put off by this cheating talk, i think its very lame 'omg look at me, im killing everyone and cant die! i must be best player in halo2 Cool ' . damn we shud find out there address and beat them to death

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dolfhin wrote:
funk-a-delic wrote:

KEEP IT FAIR PEEPS !!!

I once did a long attack 4 times with the sword on the same player... he didn't cheat he was hosting and my connection was lagging out. I killed him big time with a rocket launcher after that and won the match with 25-23 Very Happy
I also did a few betrayls simple because of lag, I was turning my ghost but the lag decided to teleport me just for an ally while I was still boosting, or when i was attacking an enemy with an ally and accidently killed the wrong guy because the lag Surprised

Lag might look a lot like cheating but It certainly isn't!

Hmmm. I always have ping results below 50ms, so From my side there should not be a Lag-situation...but yes, I know that Lag can f*ck up your game really bad...
MrMurder
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very true that lag can sometines appear as cheating but if you know what your looking for it shold be fairly obvious.
the unlimited ammo thing is an easy one as everyone ive found uses the rocket launcher just watch them fire like 4 rockets without the reload animation happening Wink
The super jump which i have to say ive only seen once is not (as far as i can tell) part of the evox trainer and its very obvious believe me.
Then theres the never die which isnt 100% NEVER if sniped in the head or meleed from behind they go down but thier bodies will keep on moving until they get sniped again or blown up.
Keep a sharp lookout for these lame mofo's and report them.
Thanks for your time.

ps. 1 guy i found was so pissed at being caught he has posted up asking for support from KAI users lol.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4479
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dolfhin
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MrMurder wrote:
Very true that lag can sometines appear as cheating but if you know what your looking for it shold be fairly obvious.
the unlimited ammo thing is an easy one as everyone ive found uses the rocket launcher just watch them fire like 4 rockets without the reload animation happening Wink
The super jump which i have to say ive only seen once is not (as far as i can tell) part of the evox trainer and its very obvious believe me.
Then theres the never die which isnt 100% NEVER if sniped in the head or meleed from behind they go down but thier bodies will keep on moving until they get sniped again or blown up.
Keep a sharp lookout for these lame mofo's and report them.
Thanks for your time.

ps. 1 guy i found was so pissed at being caught he has posted up asking for support from KAI users lol.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4479

I had a good laugh after reading that thread Very Happy

I haven't seen any cheaters of tried the trainer myself but it seems to be really clear when someone is cheating.
lakey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes it makes me laugh tho when people using trainers get beat especially if they not from uk as when u question then the say "SORRY WE DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH" but they understand you fully before the match begins lol

using trainers is sad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Mad
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And will cause massive headaches for those that use them Wink muwahahahahahah...

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would just like to add this to the topic. Cheating is for newbs that can't excel in skills from other than the rocket launchers or plasma swords, if you feel you need a trainer to own on a game then you are gay and should kill yourself to put an end to your miserable life. So get some real ******* skills.
nectaire
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just log out frm halo2. shot gun more then 6 rounds at point blank + melee attack 3-4 times.wont die.must be on trainers.do bad didnt note down his tag.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic