FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Really odd, only certain people can see my game View next topic
View previous topic
Devedander
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Earlier today I was playing Rallisport 2 with 5 people and hosting on my box. Tonight I hop back on for more and no one can see my game being hosted. I check it all out and kai sees my xbox and everything... then one guy hops on. I check his info and he is in Singapore and I am in Cali! WTF?

People who are in the same state, also on NTSC cannot see my game and I can't see theirs but this one guy with the worst ping in the room can. Any idea what is happening? No settings changes since this afternoon when it all worked fine.

EDIT: I just checked around and of the few people I can remember playing with me today, they are all in other countries like netherlands and such.... is there some setting for a country preference?

I tested with halo also and it seemed to see the hosted games, I am thinking maybe it's a rallisport thing? I have confirmed with people
I cannot see that they are not on the same ISP, they have no Live content, they are also on NTSC and are also playing off their hard drives. I can't think of any other reason they wouldn't show.
michote
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a similar problem.

I can play online, and friends can play online. We can host and
can play. But I can't see his games and he canĀ“t see mine.
We can see some thirdparty games the same, but if we both
join a third party game (someone else hosting) it crashes or lags.
If only one joins, it works. I can repeat this with another friend that
uses the same DSL provider.

The only thing I can guess at is that we both use the same DSL
provieder, or that something is wrong with the orbital server
not showing everyone across different servers

looking for help also
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

don't know if this will help but it may have something to do with the ports, though your problem seems a little different than mine. See problem 2:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328
Devedander
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw your post about being on the same ISP, but last night I tested this with someone in Sweden and someone in the Netherlands. They both had bad ping but I was playing with worse pingers earlier. So that rules out same ISP, even same IP range and ping problems. I also tried some PGR2 later and again could not see some games, but then did see some. Same happened with Topspin. This was late at night so all the players on were on the other side of teh world (I am in USA) so today I will experiment more.

I like how user friendly Kai is but I would like to see some more low level access to the activities and statistics.

This seems to be primarily with Rallisport 2 which is pretty much the main reason I want online play Sad I see lots of RSC2 players, any of you have simliar problems?
Devedander
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am wondering how many people set static ip on their xbox? I have come across many who do and I am thinking maybe on the occasion that my xbox has the same ip as someone else I cannot see there game, that would explain some yes and some no... for now I have changed to a very odd ip to see if tha thelps.
MrT
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have my xbox set to 10.0.0.10

I usually see about 2-4 games in Rallisport 2 and my guess is
that there are many more.
I use the 35318 (i think) port in Xlink config.
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ummm.....Check again, the post i'm talking about (see PROBLEM 2):
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=328
is about ports not isps. And I had random problems with being able to see games until I changed the port in the config to match the forwarded port. In this case it was 34518 and it was already forwarded from a previous version of xlink on my router(i think, they were already forwarded and i didn't do it manually). You can also try port magic.
Devedander
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Huh coulda swore you were the one talking bout same ISP.

Well I did have the port fowarded and was not seeing games, so I unfowarded it and still saw some games, so I am not convinced port forwarding helped in my situation, but it may have. I think we need a more dfinitive test as to who needs to port forward, as originally the faq said if you can log in you don't need port forwarding, if that still stands I don't need it....

I am sure I don't see all games becuaes I have been in the arena when there were at least 4 people who showed as Busy, but I still saw no games. I am not still not sure if you can see games that are full, so maybe the games were all just full? I would think you could stil see them though...

I will keep testing this and see if I can't come get something more conclusive.
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

see i think the problem goes beyond just being able to log in, i saw that on the faq too so assumed the same, but still had this problem until I saw someone post that even if you can login, you may have a port problem anyway.Also... maybe just for fun try port 34519 in the kai config util, I know from experience that if you open port 21 for ftp access, some routrs will also open the one below...20. Maybe the same thing is happenning to you. If all else fails, i'm telling you try port magic.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic