FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The service is not connected View next topic
View previous topic
Sykobabble
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am kind of pulling my hair out at this point. I can not get XLink to connect under XBMC.

I am using version 30-11-04 with the following settings.

PC

IP: 192.168.0.2 (static)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS: 192.168.0.1

XBOX

IP 192.168.0.3 (static)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS: 192.168.0.1

I have no software firewall and have my router set up to forward through port 30000 (UDP) to my PC, antivirus software is disabled.

I can connect to games from my XBOX if I choose "Normal Kai Use" within XLink configuration tool.

I have the following settings for "Engine Only"

Kai Port: 30000
Kai Deep Port: 0
Launch Engine: Checked
Network adapter: Autodetect and lock (tried all options here)
Username: Sykobabble
Password: ******
Auto Logon: Checked
Clise Engine: Never
Accept UI Connections From: Any IP address

When I start XBMC and then XLink I get the message "The service is not connected........." the logo is spinning and
I have an internet connection as the news feed is working OK.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sykobabble
dbldown768
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you might have some service with a firewall you dont know about. My suggetion is to boot your computer in safe mode and give it at shot. If that works theres obviously something creating a firewall that is causing you problems.

edit: by the way, i post here a while back ago, and it was stickied for a bit, but just disabling your antivirus might not work. I had the same problem with norton 2005. you have to disable the internet worm protection. this is why safe mode is a good option to try, antivirus software shouldnt boot up and cause any problems.

my previous post:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3761&highlight=

i think the admins might want to consider pinning this again, if it wasnt moved somewhere else - just disabling antivirus is not always good enough. Also, to mention the use of safe mode to help detecting if there are software firewalls causing problems.
Sykobabble
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply.

I tried starting in safe mode and get the same problem. I cannot understand it.

Sykobabble
dbldown768
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe uncheck the autologin as well. when i use the engine only, i uncheck the autologin since XBMC passes the username/password.

what antivirus software are u using?
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Be quicker if ppl posted a debug log when it comes to connectivity issues Smile
Johnbhoy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the exact same problem.Thought it was my router firewall at first and i have completely disabled the router firewall now and still same problem. (i know this is not kai related )I have also noticed that altough i can know get movies trailer previews i can no longer get web radio. When using previous version of xbmc 1.1.0 final i was able to get radio and not movies. Something wrong with the settings in XBMC build that i have ???? ia m using the 29/11/2004 version of xbmc

Can connect through system links in Halo2 no problem via the pc but i want to be able to do it via the xbmc. Anyone any ideas on this. .Please note i have disabled all firewalls....much to my jittery disposition.

Thanks

Edit deliighted to report that i am just an erse and it was the fact that i had not configured the kai to use the engine only. Happy campers all round
Poto
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've read everyone's suggestions/solutions and I am still having this problem, too. Starting in safe mode did not resolve this either. Has anybody discovered any new solutions since the last post?
I can successfully use kai thru my pc. I followed all the setting config from the sticky. Everything is case sensitive with xbmc. Port forwarding is set. I've got the most recent XBMC and SP2. I have Etrust antivirus which I have tried disabling but it makes no difference. Nor does turning off the windows firewalls or starting in safe mode.
If anyone has had this problem and solved it, please help!
Thanks.
Sykobabble
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for my late update, but my PC has been out of action due to new carpets being fitted Shocked

Problems resolved

Like I said earlier I was pulling my hair out with this one as I had managed to get things working
OK before and cannot remember changing anything that would have had a major effect on my setup.

I had trawled through the log files and xml files and all looked OK, well at least to my untrained eyes.

There was one thing that I had not tried and that was to remove the files from the TDATA and UDATA.
I was not too sure what folders XBMC created on first use so I restored the TDATA and UDATA folders
with a backup from before I soft modded my XBOX.

I now realise I could have just deleted the game saves from within my MS Dash but at least everyhing is working OK Laughing

Hope this helps resolve problems other people are having.

Sykobabble
Abbysmak
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Which files do you have to remove from the TDATA and UDATA folders? Why would I remove everything if it has most of my game saves?? I still can't get the service connected via XBMC.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Abbysmak wrote:
Which files do you have to remove from the TDATA and UDATA folders? Why would I remove everything if it has most of my game saves?? I still can't get the service connected via XBMC.

He went the long winded way. Just delete the XBMC game save in the MS dashboard and try. However, I wouldn't just "assume" you have the same problem as him, just because you get the same message.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How do I tell which is the XBMC game save? My problem is very similar to his, Kai works perfectly on my PC via a router and when I try to connect to Kai via XMBC build 2004-11-15 it gives me the message "The service is not connected...". I've already filled in my Xtag, pw, and game directory (F:\games). What else do I look for?
Damaja
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had similar connectivity issues. I just assigned my Kai port and Kai Deep Port to 30000 and everything is now resolved.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ARGH. I think you posted on X-S forums too. DON'T PUT ANYTHING BESIDES 0 IN KAI DEEP PORT! RTFM!! Confused THAT APPLIES TO ANYBODY WHO COMES ACROSS THIS THREAD!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic