FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 tricks/glitches vs. cheating View next topic
View previous topic
Eulachon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know there are other ppl who like to trick in halo 2 on Kai as I've seen no kill trick arenas from time to time.

Now I'm wondering, is using tricks like the long-distance rocket stab or sword cancelling to very high areas, considered cheating in slayer?

For those who don't know, it's possible to lock onto someone with the rocket launcher or other long-range weapon, then switch to the sword and press R at the right time, sending you stabbing towards them from far away. There are a variety of other tricks as well, most involving the sword.

So, since everyone can do this after a bit of practice, and it's as easy to dodge as a rocket if you see it coming, is it considered cheating or is it honorable to throw in such moves in a game, as it is very tempting to do so (it gets you across the map damn fast! could make for some very exciting CTF).

I think ppl who don't know the glitch would probably report the tricker as a trainer user though.
Halo-2
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tricks arent cheating! I love to trick so I personally think that its not cheating

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its almost pointless to do these tricks in game though.

Rocket > Sword trick, you're target cannot move at all, otherwise you'll just miss. Its more practicle to just fire a rocket at them.

Sword cancelling to get to higher ground. This is only useful if you are playing with a friend whos on the other team since you can't do it with teammates. If you have the sword theres no point to get to higher ground anyway...

I don't think using glitches like these are cheating, but using the glitch where you can throw the flag through the wall I think is unfair and really alters the game, especially on beaver creek.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd say they have uses... If the game is regular slayer, you can have a friend on the same box help you sword cancel up on top of something and lay it down as an unofficial team. Kinda cheap to team up in regular slayer but yeah.

Rocket sword is great for getting around really fast in a map like Coagulation - just lock on to an opposing team member and launch to them.

Also great for tracking down someone running off with your flag, for several reasons (their back is usually turned, they can't do much about it due to having the flag, and you get close enough to get another easy shot at them)
Destruction
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using glitches in the game is not cheating, even if you do manage to get to high ground someone is going to be good enough to snipe you down and make you look like a fool.
RaZa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Using glitches = exploiting.

Although it is different from cheating, I believe it's pretty dishonourable. Of course, this depends on the exploit...something like performing an exploit that would kill someone in a single hit/shot would be dishonourable, but maybe getting to unreachable places in levels would be on the other end of the spectrum.
unicornz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RaZa wrote:
Using glitches = exploiting.

Although it is different from cheating, I believe it's pretty dishonourable. Of course, this depends on the exploit...something like performing an exploit that would kill someone in a single hit/shot would be dishonourable, but maybe getting to unreachable places in levels would be on the other end of the spectrum.

Well said. Using glitches is cheating (unless everyone in the game knows all the glitches as well and agree to using them)
Personally i have never played halo 2 online anywhere, but if i did, i dont know of any glitches, so others using them would have an unfair advantage over me.
so glitching is cheating. Most online games have glitches, i know of a lot on ghost recon, shooting through walls at people who cant see you is cheating, its a glitch but its cheating.
MrMurder
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very True i think its hard to tell if everyone in the arena

A:knows the tricks and can

B:find the weapons to do them with as there are not usually that many say rocket launchers and swords on every level.

What i tend to do is set up an arena and put that we (usually Sollos and Xtacee and I) are using them to explore the "Off level Areas" ( for the possibility of modding levels like i used to for halo i have a mod in both CXE And NMP Nightwinder) so people know whats going on.
But to use them in game well I would class them as cheating unless you know 100% that everyone in your arena Know them as well.

And like Eulachon said Quote "I think ppl who don't know the glitch would probably report the tricker as a trainer user though".

Thanks for your time.

Team Bugstompers "We Endanger Species"
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
CommandoZero
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think tricks are not cheating because in no way are you moddifyin the game you are using whats already there to do a caertain trick but i do agree that it is very low and jus stupid to do it to people when playin online.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic