FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Is anyone else as frustrated as me? View next topic
View previous topic
DCJoeDog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why is it that xlink will work P E R F E C T L Y for god knows how long then, by the grace of god, up and decides to fuck with you?

I used to be able to pick up and play or host with ZERO problems, but along came the HALO2 "fixes"

which, i'm sad to say, broke alot of xlink.

so while the H2 folks are all happy in their little world, the rest of kai is dying a slow painful, pull-the-plug-on-me-already-damnit, death.

why has it been let to go to such a state?

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DCJoeDog wrote:
so while the H2 folks are all happy in their little world, the rest of kai is dying a slow painful, pull-the-plug-on-me-already-damnit, death.

I'v been noticing a lot of RS3 Games and GR2 game are going really slow and I get disconnected a lot.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To be frank, I get sick of playing Halo 2 even with all the fixes. I'm sick of people not having games up in the fucking private arenas; I'm sick of people not joining my games, I never have a problems on xbc; I'm sick of playing on a public arena and four people joining lagging the game up. Why can't kai organize users through a average ping? Idk. I'm not feeling satisified, I have to get on xbc to get the satisfaction of lag free gaming by hosting my own game and I know how to host with my connection. I want to use kai, but I can't seem to use it for more than a half hour a day and the majority of my time I'm spending on xbc. Xbc is only for me kicking the shit out of loud mouths that think there hard at Halo 2, Kai is more friendly and the users show a higher level of intelligence when playing. Idk, I just wish more could be done to the program. Like matchmaking and stuff. I think we have enough users to do this instead of using a weplayhere.net to it, why not right in the app itself. Somebody else mentioned this earlier, but sign off the people that have been idle for more than 15-20 minutes. I feel like more than 40% of the people in the rooms are just sitting there not playing. It gets irritating and blah blah. I'm not bitching, but I want to see Geolink kick off and kick ass, so i can play games that aren't always fucking laggy and maybe I can host for once and somebody will actually join. In the list of private servers why do they have to alphabetical, could they be organized by the host of the privates arena ping to yours?
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this a kewl thread, its the xbc reunion show :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Jo-E_ wrote:
DCJoeDog wrote:

I'v been noticing a lot of RS3 Games and GR2 game are going really slow and I get disconnected a lot.

That got nothing to do with being on AOL?

This thread's valid but anything that's been chucked into Windows Kai over the past few weeks has been really "quick and sloppy" as there's been lots of other development with WRT / Linux going on. After Christmas you should see Windows come back in full force with long awaited bug-fixes and new features. Everyone at this time of the year starts to slow down, and we're no different. We've got families and stuff to attend to, but we're definitely not stopping now..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:10 pm wrote:
_Jo-E_ wrote:
DCJoeDog wrote:

This thread's valid but anything that's been chucked into Windows Kai over the past few weeks has been really "quick and sloppy" as there's been lots of other development with WRT / Linux going on. After Christmas you should see Windows come back in full force with long awaited bug-fixes and new features. Everyone at this time of the year starts to slow down, and we're no different. We've got families and stuff to attend to, but we're definitely not stopping now..

From a devoted member of Kai. Take your time, no rush. Enjoy the holidays, get drunk and prosper.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
FlatLine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep I'll go along with that. Have a good time and let's see how it goes after the break.

Let's hope Destruction can get the type of play he likes.

I do like the idea of auto kick idle players. 5 minutes Laughing Quick piss break though Sad

Oh well maybe not so short then
the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

XBChode, XBChode, XBChode...merry FREAKIN christmas...who cares about that piece of shizzle?

i wonder if you super uninstall XBChode off your pc's, if that would help Wink

NO rb6 or GR2 games have slowed down, they are running VERY nicely. the trick of it all is to see what the hosts ping is to you, if its 300 or more, turn off AOL Topspeed and get some damn broadband.

...or you could ask for a refund of what you paid for to use kai. Laughing

TheDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Correct. There was one update which damaged voice in R6 - it was fixed quickly, and everything is working now.

I know we need pings to private arenas, and Geolink will not only find you good hosts, it will encourage the use of more games other than H2..

Like Raf said, it's Christmas now - we're taking it easy for a bit - it's been a pretty full on year Wink

2005 will see a lot of new stuff for Kai - we have a lot to do. First priority is to fix up the WRT guys - there's a number of outstanding firmware issues, which will get fixed - after that, a huge feature add to win32, and shitloads of bugstomping..

TD
DCJoeDog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

why is it when anyone says anything remotely bad they asume that person is a XBC bitch?

HELLO i started the outrun2 player database topic, it's a sticky, you can't miss it, i'm on kai's side of this battle, but even the devoted get frustrated with random occuring dropouts in service.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe the:one was referring to Destruction's post..

Generally it's that way because the people who legitimately suggest something and ask nicely find it in the next build while people who moan and groan about X Y Z find things put off longer because they'll never be satisfied (not saying you're one or the other - just going on past experience).

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:10 pm wrote:
_Jo-E_ wrote:
DCJoeDog wrote:

Windows in full force? Doesn't it have ENOUGH development already? The Mac version doesn't even have a stinkin' GUI, and the Windows users are complaining about theirs being buggy Rolling Eyes

AFTER the DS is done (take your time), could we at least see some focus on the other OSes? Just a little?
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Random occuring dropouts in service??? The orbs have been up @ 100% for weeks - if you've been getting dropped, either your ISP sucks, or your computer sucks, or you've been flooding the chat / using racist language - tell me, which of those applies to you?

No Mac OSX UI? Well wtf is jKaiUI then?

Y'all need to read a little more..

TD
DCJoeDog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't get kicked from Kai if that's what you mean. What I'm referring to is the fact that I can come and play one day and all is fine, then the next day, for no reason, you can be in a room full of people and not able to host for anyone or join their games, and yes I DO set the proper status for myself.

And I know I'm setup correctly because lo and behold I enter the H2 arena and can connect and play, but I don't like to play FPS games all that often and I DO love outrun 2, but it's so much trouble to get a game going or joined.

My ISP is Charter communications. my connection is a 3mb/256kb down/up cable modem. My PC is good enough to run EQ2 well and if you know anything you know that's awesome.

also, who is there to flood the chat to, so many people use XBMC that there isn't anyone actually veiwing the chat anymore. Sad

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:26 am wrote:
Y'all

OH god, Td's becoming a yanks Razz
boxo-XR
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
so many people use XBMC that there isn't anyone actually veiwing the chat anymore. Crying or Very sad

Damn if this isn't true. But the feature being available in XBMC, also means more people playing on Kai. NO DOUBT So why the long face about that?
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The Mac version doesn't even have a stinkin' GUI

besides jkaiUI you can run the engine on a mac and use xbmc as the UI .. so it has 2 UI's .. is that stinkin enough for you for now ?

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boxo-XR @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:36 pm wrote:
Quote:
so many people use XBMC that there isn't anyone actually veiwing the chat anymore. Crying or Very sad

Damn if this isn't true. But the feature being available in XBMC, also means more people playing on Kai. NO DOUBT So why the long face about that?

Well the whole typing thing in xbmc is quite a bitch. lol. I hate typing in my name for a profile, so there aint no way you're gonna catch me chatting it up through xbmc. Laughing

boxo-XR
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DK.Swift @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:11 pm wrote:
Quote:

Well the whole typing thing in xbmc is quite a bitch. lol. I hate typing in my name for a profile, so there aint no way you're gonna catch me chatting it up through xbmc. Laughing

Heheh. I don't mean chatting via XBMC. I meant being able to use XBMC to interface Kai and maneuver from arena to arena. It is a great thing for the people who do not have their PC and xbox in the same room.
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boxo-XR @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:25 pm wrote:
DK.Swift @ Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:11 pm wrote:
Quote:

Heheh. I don't mean chatting via XBMC. I meant being able to use XBMC to interface Kai and maneuver from arena to arena. It is a great thing for the people who do not have their PC and xbox in the same room.

Hey why not, just plug your USB keyboard in and XBMC works great for chatting Smile

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic