FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Will Kai influence game development on GC?? View next topic
View previous topic
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XTreMeRaVeN22 wrote:
Hey Guyz...I also was a "Former" Warppiper i was Also known as SuB-ZeRO X in Warppipe and i didnt like the way it was going...They never update there site.....They said 0.4 would be there "Shortly" after E3...it never came so im just here Loving Xlink Kia.....You guyz Pwn Warppipe No doubt!!!!! I just hope More people find out that Xlink also Supports Gamecube.........You Guyz Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome... hope you enjoy your stay.
About the people finding out thing, theres only one way, and that by users telling them.
CyberMunkey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the more i read the more i think this is turning out to be more like the console wars, i mean fans of one place flaming the others and stuffs. It doesnt matter anyway, i mean c'mon most people dont care as long as they can get their cube online (im refering to cube because this IS the cube froums...am i right?)

But yea, X-link has a better chance of comming out on top, because Kai supports all three consoles, If nintendo didnt release that many lan or systemlink games then Warpipe will take a big hit, whereas Xlink kai wont take as heavy of a hit that Warpipe would, since they're strickly nintendo.

the only thing is that i think more people in the official nintendo forums know about warpipe than Xlink because they're lots of topics about warpipe and people mentioning warpipe whenever they read the word "LAN". I only read about x-link in ONE topic...

(btw im not being a fanboy since i dont realy care, i use both Very Happy)
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the way i see it, most people who are intrested in gc tunneling are pretty hardcore nintendo fans, and thats where wpp sortof has an PR advantage since they support only nintendo.
Xlink on the other hand has its roots in xbox tunneling, a platform witch is disliked by the more fanatic Nintendo fans.
I know coz i used to be a Nintendo-only gamer myself.
What they need to realise tho is that its not coz Xlink has been tunneling xbox since the start, that we're all MS fanboys. Actually, i play my Xbox on Kai coz i dont want to give $ to MS for live and make them even more rich Smile.
Anyway , i hope that the other Nintendo fans can get over their prejudices and give Kai a fair chance
Andrew
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys have to understand that Warp Pipe has a huge userbase already. They like their software and guess what? Not all of them want to change. Currently I'm not tunneling much so I came over to Kai and I have had a few successful games.I like it fine but it doesn't mean I'm going to go out and attack Warp Pipers for not using Kai.

So, Blaze, stop the attacks.
kj05
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

apperently its goin on a bit here to (the attacking that is) and i really didn't see to much goin on over there that could be called attacking.

but whatever just keep it nice and don't bash on neone or neother app.

-kj05
xur17
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok guys. Stop going into our warppipe aplication, and telling people to use xlink. STOP. I am sick of it. I will report and have already done so anyone that does that.

And, you guys think ur all that. Ur devs have the mind of tomatoes. Anyway, we use your software because we want to try both, and pick which one we like.

Also, your gui is so confusing for new people. How are we to know when to enter lan?

Thanks!
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please stop posting this crap here - or I will simply ban you.

TD
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="xur17"] we use your software because we want to try both, and pick which one we like. [quote]

good, thats the way it should be.

re the UI, the problem is that people dont relise how simple it is.

1. Log in
2. go to arena mode
3. navigate to relevent arena.
4. go to GCN look for games if non are running host one.

plus theres a chat window so you discuss what game to play.
NeoBlizz
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:
Please stop posting this crap here - or I will simply ban you.

TD

Well, same goes for you guys, Please stop posting same CRAP on WarpPipe forums.

Then everyone will be happy.

(Have both Kai & WP installed)

taz wrote:
re the UI, the problem is that people dont relise how simple it is.

Well, theDaddy said it would be even more simple when GUI "lite" will come, hopefully as simple as WP is right now.
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

xur17 wrote:
ok guys. Stop going into our warppipe aplication, and telling people to use xlink. STOP. I am sick of it. I will report and have already done so anyone that does that.

And, you guys think ur all that. Ur devs have the mind of tomatoes. Anyway, we use your software because we want to try both, and pick which one we like.

Also, your gui is so confusing for new people. How are we to know when to enter lan?

Thanks!

wtf???
That is EXACTLY what i saw YOU do on Kai this afternoon! Something along the lines of *joins* "xur17:hey guys" "xur17:go on warppipe" *leaves*

and then you have the nerve to come on here insult the devs

Atleast Kai is working
Have you seen the list of megaton bugs reported in just half a day?
I havent even been able to connect to one game with it yet.
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For what it's worth - I cant connect to games on 0.4 either - but I'm not here to knock it - it's new and there will be bugs - just like with Kai

Quote:

As I have said before, bring me proof that one of my ops has been spamming your chat / forum, and I will deal with it. Note that speaking out when someone slags your work off without reason is not spamming.

Also, the same works here - any WPP troll in Kai who spams in the presence of an op will be banned.

TD
plasmatic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hajaz wrote:
xur17 wrote:

Thanks!

wtf???
That is EXACTLY what i saw YOU do on Kai this afternoon! Something along the lines of *joins* "xur17:hey guys" "xur17:go on warppipe" *leaves*

and then you have the nerve to come on here insult the devs

Atleast Kai is working
Have you seen the list of megaton bugs reported in just half a day?
I havent even been able to connect to one game with it yet.

have you noticed that most of those are doubles?

TheDaddy wrote:
For what it's worth - I cant connect to games on 0.4 either - but I'm not here to knock it - it's new and there will be bugs - just like with Kai

Quote:

As I have said before, bring me proof that one of my ops has been spamming your chat / forum, and I will deal with it. Note that speaking out when someone slags your work off without reason is not spamming.

Also, the same works here - any WPP troll in Kai who spams in the presence of an op will be banned.

TD

proof:
http://www.warppipe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8249&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 - Read the bottom. The post is by Blaze, it matches his ip address.

http://www.warppipe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8248&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 - again towards the bottom.
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

just read the most interesting thing on wpp coards just now... apperantly WP has followed Xlinks example and arent using compression anymore now. i'm gonna avoid the word stolen heh Wink Thats where they got their speed improvements from.
In other words, if it hadnt been for Kai, WP wouldnt have gotten to the speed it has now Smile
soul2soul
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am getting very tired and annoyed from all of this! Now they seem 2 have a pass system and no compression anymore! Looks like someone is borrowing stuff from KAI!

taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If WPP have got there service to run just as fast, or faster than Xlink Kai then thats great, good luck and good work.

Lets leave the battle of the GCN tunnels right here, let them do there thing and we will do ours, and lets face it, WPP are still going to be keeping there eyes on us, and our forums, and checking out kai, so we are entitled to do the same.

I expect there may be users on both sides who feel that they are helping the cause by posting eronious messages on the others forums, it seams the nature of the beast now, all we can do is try to keep this in check by not promoting this kind of behaviour.

It has always been in the spirit of xlink to encourage our user base to try new things, if anyone has asked us if we are better than xbc (for example) the official statment has been somthing like.

"Well were the best, but you would expect us to say that, why not try them both for yourself and make your own mind up"

This is exactly the same thing we should be saying about WPP, but giving the history between the two, its hard and it sticks in the throat a little.

But thats exactly what we should be doing is giving people choice, that has always been my outlook on what xlink is all about.

If WPP have a diferent standpiont thats up to them.

(this does not go in anyway to excuss or forgive past actions of the Project Manager of WPP)
kj05
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

right on Taz
u rock Smile

-kj05

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic