FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 It all Fails When I Hit PLAY View next topic
View previous topic
xhackboy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I can talk and manuevar around Xlink Kai jsut perfectly. I can see all the arenas and games I can chat with my friends. But when I hit that play button and Halo 2 launches, and I go into System Link the only thing i see avaiable in available games is: CREATE NEW GAME. I don't see any fo the games I wanted to play from XLink.

Could this be a router prob, I have a: Linksys WRT54GS
I run the kai engine off of my PC. I have the newest engine it is the 7.0.5.4 or something like that. I have tried disabling my firewalls that hasn't worked and I tried to figure out if it was my router. I don't know.

All I know is that I want to play some Halo 2 with my firends.

PLease Help! I have looked at the other threads but didn't get anything from them!
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why didn't you try adhering to the "DON'T USE XBMC UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY PLAY GAMES ON THE PC!" statement you hear us make all the time?

Since when is this an XBMC issue - it's *NOT*. XBMC IS NOT EVEN RUNNING WHEN YOU'RE AT HALO 2, so please tell me how you think this problem is XBMC related?

You need to fill out a Help Request form - read this thread from top to bottom:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2080

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:15 am wrote:
Why didn't you try adhering to the "DON'T USE XBMC UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY PLAY GAMES ON THE PC!" statement you hear us make all the time?

Many of us has no games on the W32 machine. Might sound odd to some of you but personally I use the box for games, the computers for work and just now one of them runs the K engine.

I have the same prob as the OP - all seems well until the games lanches on the box regardless if I run the UI on the PC (and I simply start the box directly in gamemod) or if xbmc runs as UI. I can see the arenas from the PC (and chat works) and the box but no games finds anything when I start a game on the box.

Sometimes the engine quits/halts while browsing arenas in xbmc but the engine is not set to quit when there's no UI so that's not it.

However I will read some more before I ask questions.

Slorvus

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic