FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Spare a thought.. View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]chilin_dude
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This shit makes me sad, watching all of the videos people did of it makes me wonder why this happens.
We still haven't heard from my Uncle from Thailand either Shocked
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a huge bummer Sad

Its all over the news, gets worse by the hour Sad

My heart goes out to all of the folk involved in this season of goodwill Sad

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Halo-2
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pretty sad how all those those ppl could die..........sucks for the surviors, no family or little.............if there were any Sad

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As many will know I have lived and worked here in Thailand for the last 7 years for international real estate firm.

We have an office in Phuket and are currently manning help lines and trying to organise any kind of support we can.

The following is an excerpt from an email from the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand which was sent to me this morning.

Quote:

* * * FINANCIAL DONATIONS * * *

Many people have asked how they may make a financial donation to the emergency relief effort in Phuket. Our current information is the following:-

H.M. THE KING'S FOUNDATION (Rajaprajanugros Foundation)

Currently donations can only be accepted via cheque to : 1034 Krungkasem Road, Khlong Mahanak, Pom Prab Sattru Phai Bangkok 10100

Tel. 02 281 1902 , 02 628 3467 , 02 282 9595-6

THAI RED CROSS

Name of Account: Thai Red Cross
Bank: Siam Commercial Bank.
Account No.: 045-2-88000-6
Type of Account: savings
Branch: Thai Red Cross

If you would like a receipt for your donation please fax a copy of the pay-in slip to the Thai Red Cross at fax: 0 2252 7976

Alternatively, send an SMS to 4520000 with keyword "rc" for donation to the relief effort. The service enables consumers that have a DTAC, AIS or Orange subscription to make a 10 baht donation by submitting an SMS with keyword "rc" to access number 4520000. The consumer will receive a thank you message from the Thai Red Cross confirming that the donation has been received. The service is now publicised on the Thai Red Cross Home Page:
http://www.redcross.or.th/home/ You have to scroll down a bit on the page to see. In addition, Red Cross publicises this service via TV and radio
broadcasting partners.

THAI GOVERNMENT DISASTER RELIEF

Name of Account: OPM DISASTER RELIEF
Bank: Saving Bank
Account No.: 00-0025-20-014972-3
Type of Account: Savings
Branch: Government House

If you would like a receipt for your donation please fax a copy of the pay-in slip to Goverment House at fax: 0 2281 4150 or 0 2282 3376

STANDARD CHARTERED NAKORNTHON BANK

Standard Chartered Nakornthon Bank has also made arrangements to receive financial donations, through their disaster relief account number 0002778899. These monies are being passed to the Thai Government (Ministry of Interior).

* * * THAI NEWS & INFORMATION IN ENGLISH * * *

From Internet Thailand:

Due to the earthquake and tidal waves hit the western coastlines in the south of Thailand, INET has created English information about the on-going relief efforts in THAILAND in the website http://www.inet.co.th/tsunami

The website provides, for example, translation from many relief Thai information, linkage and/or user interface to these information - on a best effort only. Also, this page is updated frequently

We hope this web is helpful for foreigners on the Internet and expatriates in Thailand, having someone visiting the areas during the disaster, to get the information about their friends or relatives.

Customer Support
Internet Thailand Public Company Limited

* PLEASE PASS THIS NOTICE ON TO YOUR CONTACTS *

Please note that the country code for Thailand is +66

However, you may wish to contact international relief agencies who will support other more affected countries in the region.

Every little helps.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Silva, im sure this has affected you in ways that none of us will ever comprehend. My heart goes out to you and all the people affected by this disaster. When something like this happens it makes all other problems seem so insignificant. I cant even imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Kain, I work in Bangkok and was in the UK at the time it struck so personally am shocked, saddened but essentially ok.

My close friends and colleagues who were in Phuket are safe and well despite some very lucky escapes. One friend was sleeping in a villa whilst the one next door was destroyed, another left the beach just minutes before it struck, one other friend was lucky enough to opt out of a sailing trip which was due that morning.

For all the good luck stories (and thank everybody's version of god for them) unfortunately all of us out here know someone who has sadly lost people dear to them.

However, I am impressed at the strength of the human spirit,of those left behind and the amazing amount of help extended from all corners of society.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic