http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7408/Halo-25-and-Xbox-2-The-Bomb

good stuff!
moosebox
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah...proof that Halo 2 was unfinshed and they knew it sucked... Twisted Evil

Quote:

“The technology that powers Halo 2 has been designed from day one to take advantage of the next generation hardware,” the insider added.

Well why didn't you just focus on making a finished product for Xbox, instead of taking on such a large project and releasing an unfinished game because you wanted to get a head start on Halo2.5

Quote:
“Halo 2.5 will be an Xbox 2 launch title and is going to run in HDTV resolution with new, improved textures and graphical effects. All the stuff that people expected from Halo 2 but didn’t make the cut will be there.”

Hurray!!! I can spend another $50, plus $350 for the Xbox2 with HDD, just to get all the stuff that I expected from Halo2! Sounds great! Rolling Eyes

/rant off

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A marketing scam from day one - the Halo 2 team should be thrown into prison for a week. My brother's just come back from 6 months in Asia and played Halo 2 last night - everytime I see those cut scenes I think to myself 4 years and this is the cruddiest CG I have ever seen. It's just so piss poor that it makes me lose all feeling for the game. I mean, COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN there's games with the tiniest of budgets making some of the best games - then you have MS and Bungie team up like they're George Bush and Tony Blair..

Let's not get started with how much I hate Halo 2 - I'd probably hate Halo 2.5 that 0.5% extra (check the Games Arena forum if you wanna see my thoughts on it).

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bah, not until I see quotes from the Bungie team, I declare this as total BS.
Suddenly_Dead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't think the cutscenes were so bad for real-time rendered things on a console. But yes, Halo 2 completely lacked originality/creativity, good artwork (it was detailed but bland). It sure didn't have much of anything in the gameplay and multiplay areas either, those which are most important.

And yet now, they want people to pay $50 again for the exact same game, but with prettier graphics. Bah.
[MF]wishy
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it just plays too slow, thats my only problem with Halo2. Maybe they'll speed up the game play? and maybe i might go and make my own fucking version just so i can shove it up bungies arse.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lol im not gonna buy this they should have included it all in the 2nd game forget another £40
[H8D]Zorkon
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]wishy @ Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:07 am wrote:
it just plays too slow, thats my only problem with Halo2. Maybe they'll speed up the game play? and maybe i might go and make my own fucking version just so i can shove it up bungies arse.

AHAHAHAH! If you do that, sign me up for one copy!

--

Maybe if they had released a quality Halo 2, then people would WANT to buy Halo 2.5, 2.56, 2.75, and 3... But now they're screwing themselves.

I am Zorkon from Zorkonius. Please, call me Zork.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still want to see halo 1.5... just halo 1 with better net code... that's all
Suddenly_Dead
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[H8D]Zorkon @ Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:08 pm wrote:
[MF]wishy @ Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:07 am wrote:

AHAHAHAH! If you do that, sign me up for one copy!

--

Maybe if they had released a quality Halo 2, then people would WANT to buy Halo 2.5, 2.56, 2.75, and 3... But now they're screwing themselves.

I don't doubt that this will sell fairly well, yet will not take them as much effort to create. Just because some people won't buy it doesn't mean there aren't enough to make this profitable.
[MF]Jacks
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think caring about the opinions of the gamer went out the window along time ago, its all gone the way of, "lets make money and not give a shite about how we do it".

Saying that though, if this rumour is true it prob is the logical step if they want to release any kind of Halo Title at launch. I am sure we will all apreciate a halo title at launch even if it is an enhanced remake of the already superb HALO 2.

on another note about next consoles:

“Halo 2.5 will be an Xbox 2 launch title and is going to run in HDTV resolution with new, improved textures and graphical effects. All the stuff that people expected from Halo 2 but didn’t make the cut will be there.”

how is the whole HDTV thing going to work in Europe as the majority of peeps with HDTVs r very low?

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not optimistic about it at all, and tbh I couldn't care less anymore. They destroyed Halo by releasing Halo 2 (it's almost impossible to get a game of Halo unless you're italian now Sad) and they destroyed Halo 2 by trying to make it better than Halo. imo they should have started over on a completely new game.

As for Halo 1.5, bring it on. It's been suggested that Bungie should release Halo, with proper netcode etc, and maybe new maps, and call it Halo: Tournament Edition. That's the best idea I've heard for Halo in a long time (and sounds better than "Halo 1.5") Very Happy

With all the cheats and such that work on XBL (standby, spectator (though to be fair they've tried to fix standby)) their main online experience is almost ruined.

$0.02 Smile

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
how is the whole HDTV thing going to work in Europe as the majority of peeps with HDTVs r very low?

Smile

Quote:
I think caring about the opinions of the gamer went out the window along time ago, its all gone the way of, "lets make money and not give a shite about how we do it".

...i think you answered your own question mate. hehe

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]Jacks @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:23 am wrote:

if this rumour is true

And it's just that; a rumor. If a magazine or a website claims to have information on a new game, call it bullshit until the company announces it themselves.
Chrispy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

YAY!!! BETTER GRAPHICS!!! EVEN HDTV!!! AND POSSIBLY DTS!!!
This time, spend time on making the game good you cock fucks.
Go Bungie!
[MF]wishy
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i wonder if there will ever be an 'anti-commercial' patch for halo2? probably not.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic