FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 xbmc & xLINK kAI View next topic
View previous topic
Kernal69er
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

Everything works great except 2 things.. 1) XBMC will just freeze when I am in Xlink Kai screen sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes after 20 or sometimes after i do IGR .... This never happened before last night, now its happening all the time

2) My brother has the same setup and appz as me,, his XBMC takes anywhere from 1-2 minutes (not seconds) to load and then when he attempts to load a game from XBMC it takes 5-15 seconds longer than my Xbox (we actually timed it)

any thoughts... you can alos email me at dougian78@hotmail.com
Kernal69er
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I set the XBMC as ny dashboard but it still freezes, and its not just xlink Kai .. when listening to Shout Cast ...it wil freeze, so what's up? I used Avaluch dashboard to upgrade XBMC to the dec8 version ... is this the problem...
[MF]Kain
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be. Basically if you want to use XBMC as your dash make sure you have a perfectly working version. That is why a lot of people still have something else as a dash like evox or ava just because they dont get updated as often so if there is a bug in xbmc they still have a funtioning dash that they can ftp into. If i were you i would get the latest build of xbmc you can find. Id say at least 12-28ish that seems to be a pretty stable build. Also do you have karaoke enabled? If you do that will make shoutcast freeze unless you have a very recent build. Another thing to remember is that there have been so many changes made to xbmc over the last few months that it has basically been entirely rewritten. So when you upgrade to your latest build you should delete all things xbmc, ie udata/tdata oface008, all of your thumbs folders, albums folders etc. These can cause conflicts with the newer builds that store things in different places or are recieving out dated info from your previous settings. If none of that helps then you are probably going to have to go to the xbmc forums and ask for help. There are lots of good people over there that should be able to get you sorted quickly. Try using the search button over there though before you make a new thread, you know how people can be about that Wink Good luck dude Cool

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If there's a bug in XBMC - it goes in to a "failsafe" mode where all it runs is the FTP server. Very handy indeed..

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ohh nice, when was that added? i must have missed that one Wink

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]Kain @ Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:10 pm wrote:
ohh nice, when was that added? i must have missed that one Wink

Try trashing your XML file and trying it Very Happy - or rename it to something else. Not sure when it was chucked in, you could check the CVS log..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic