FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 problem connecting to kai with 2 wireless routers View next topic
View previous topic
thomasbrucedyrud
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I have 2 wireless routers, airport exreeme and airport express from apple. The aiport extreeme is the main router and express is the one in my livingroom connected to the xbox and my stereo. I have no problem connecting to the internet from my xbox, but i cant make it work with kai. I have a 3 computers connected to my network. 1 pc(windows xp) an 2 mac. I use kai on win xp. All the computers are connected wireless. I have configured kai to only engine(dashboard),my username and password, and xbmc with username and password,engine pc ip, static ip (that is the same as in evox system management.) but when i try to log in on kai i get the message the service is not connected...

I have tried in the kai config where it says "wireless" to enter mac adress for my xbox and the airport express mac adress, but it did not work. I cant find any help about my problem anywhere.

I Hope someone can help me, tried it for a week now. Getting a bit frustrated.

Cheers
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude - and I'm sorry if you've spent a long time on this, but it's *plastered all over the site/docs/forums* that the config you're trying isn't supported.

With some, rare, specific wireless cards, it will work - but the general answer is no. You must hardwire the PC running Kai to the xbox, or to the router which wirelessly connects to the Xbox using a WET brige or something.

I have the Airport Extreme here - and I have checked it again, just so im sure I'm not lying to you, but I can't get it to work.

TD
thomasbrucedyrud
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok. Thanks for your help : )

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic