FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Wireless questions and running Kai from XBMC View next topic
View previous topic
JackalAR
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Decided to repost this here as I am not really using the PC for anything at all. I have it setup to auto launch the Kai engine so I can control everything from my Xbox.

I also wanted to know if it's normal for the list of available hosts in Halo 2 to appear and disappear constantly. You hardly have time to select a game before it disappears again.

Anyway, here are my concerns...I hope I posted in the appropriate place.

Hey all, I am using connection type "F" as seen here:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/img/networksetup_wirelessa.png

The PC connected to the Xbox directly is running XP SP2 with firewall disabled between itself and the Xbox. I have ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) enabled. The wireless adapter is a PCI Xterasys 802.11B NIC. I am using XBConnect and Xlink Kai both so I am port forwarding port 8602 on the 2Wire DSL router. Here is my Xlink config:

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiUsername=xxxx
kaiPassword=xxxx
kaiPort=8602
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=ALL
kaiTimeout=NEVER
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=ENGINE
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

Now, in XBMC, I can not get the RSS Feed / Weather service to work so I assume XBMC doesn't recognize that it has an internet connection. I can, however run Kai and it shows that it is reachable from the UI if I go to an arena. I can join Halo2 games all day no problem, but I can not host. I have tried to play Counter Strike and I have only been able to once. Normally is just flashes, "searching". I can't host any games there either. No one ever connects.

I would like for XBMC to see the internet connection, and I would like to be able to host games and have less issue connecting to non-Halo 2 games. Must I have a NIC that supports Promiscuious mode? Will that fix these problems?

Do any of these support P. mode?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat25300050002&type=category&navLevel=5&navHistory=cat00000%2Bcat01000%2Bcat01024%2Bcat01028

I have searched Google and it seems as if nobody knows.

Also, would I see any benefit in ping times or anything else by changing from wireless B to wireless G?
jonweb
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'm jonweb from italy. i have the same problem.When I try to connect for play with halo, top spin, the arena to appear and disappear constantly.
i have the connection type G

HELP ME
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The original poster only referenced this happening in Halo 2, which is a problem with Halo 2 anyway so nothing Kai can do about that. If you're having troubles with other games, fill out a help request form.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have any tips on the other issues? How do you allow 0.0.0.1 full UDP access on XP SP2? Would it help to put the router, PC, and Xbox all on the same IP scheme rather than to follow the "2 NIC configuration guide"? I suppose I would then "bridge" the two NICS?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't bridge - you don't need to. The XBox *DOESN'T* require Internet access to play on Kai.

Did it work when using the PC only?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic