FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 LoZ: WW - Ever just want to pick it up again? View next topic
View previous topic
armedalliance
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I woke up this morning with nothing but videogames in my mind. I stayed in bed just thinking about some of my games for probably 20 minutes. I started thinking about how I'll try to keep away from the new Zelda GC news as its released and just find out its release date... because I miss the days when I just got games without knowing anything about them... I was always pleasantly surprised. That's probably why LoZ: ALttP is one of my favorites in the series. I'd know next to nothing about it, so everything would be new to discover at my fingertips. Anyways... back on subject. After I thought about all that, I realized how awesome Wind Waker could be... and yes, sound really does matter when you're playing (I recently discovered this when I hooked up 2 speakers to the TV so they were right next to me... cranked up just a bit, it made everything like I went from black and white to full color). Well... then I took another step. I tried it out on a 72" projector screen (w/ S-Video)... that was equally cool... until I got dizzy. So I moved back into my room with the GC and now I've got 4-speaker surround plus subwoofer. I haven't tried WW with it yet, so I'm a little curious. I was just wondering if anyone out there just had severe urges to play through games like this... I've gone through Wind Waker three times so far, Ocarina of Time four times, Majora's Mask twice... and *dum dum dum* A Link to the Past eleven times, going on twelve. It's by no means a record, but I feel proud of it anyways Razz
D-fens
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah Wind Waker is amazing. I only bought it because it had OoT with it but it really is brilliant. Never played Lttp but I hope to pick it up soon. I've finished OoT thrice and I still want to play it.
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love LoZ: LttP Very Happy (especially the music Smile).....I've only beaten in a couple times, although one of them was the french version Smile (btw, I don't know french). anyway, I also love WW, even though it's not my favorite Zelda title. My favorite would definitely have to be OoT Very Happy. I've played through it about 4 or 5 times, and I'm playing it again on my GCp now Smile. After I beat it again, I'll beat the master quest version. then after that, I will continue playing WW Smile. (I have to replay and finish a lot of my GC games because my two memory cards got corrupted awhile back Crying or Very sad. at least I've got a GCp now to play them anywhere Smile)
armedalliance
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hehe, it must be interesting playing it on a handheld Razz
I still can't help but want to see it up close... but then again I guess I can live with my own solution... (I use a $500 portable dvd player w/screen and the GC... it's not really portable, but it's better than nothing). I played Wind Waker on it while I was searching for the Triforce shards, but at the time I couldn't hook up audio. So I felt like I was aiming blind half the time.

About Master Quest. A few of the dungeouns were a bit easier actually, particularly the Water Temple. It was murder on OoT my first time through. It had to do with a tricky change in water level or something... it just messed me up. When I finally got it though, I just had to slap myself in the face. It was embarassing. Either Way, OoT was just awesome, and I can't wait for Zelda GC. I really, really hope it's released this year. Nintendo keeps saying "released later this year" but it's most likely gonna be pushed back to like December 16th or some time next year just a few months before the next console's out. Just remember what happend to OoT. It was ridiculous and heartbreaking to see so many delays. The night before it was released, I stayed up just to watch the clock hit 12:00. That's how eager I was to get my hands on it. *feels ashamed to have the gray cart*. And when Majora's Mask came out, I felt so proud to get the gold cart... but then I felt cheated when it never went to a gray cart throughout its entire release.
Praxis
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

armedalliance @ Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:08 pm wrote:
because I miss the days when I just got games without knowing anything about them... I was always pleasantly surprised.

Ah yes, the good old days when you walked in a video game store to see what games were new.

Now, I walk into a video game store knowing exactly which games are there and the exact release date of every single game I want for the next 6 months. Sad It sucks the fun out of it!
armedalliance
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah it does... big time. My friend got so excited when he saw the movie "The Wizard" in theaters... and the first Super Mario 3 preview was at the last scene of the movie... he cried I think. As for me... I loved coming home and being surprised by my dad when he got games for me while I was still in school... I came home to both Super Mario Kart and Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past that way. Starfox was the best though... was out with my friend and my parents tracked us down and made us try out the new game... played it all day and all night long.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic