FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Not happy with this, surely its cheating View next topic
View previous topic
koldfuzion
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
everyone knows you as a reply whore, who, will argue anyone to death who doesn't see it your way.

I only have one-third the posts you do the-one, so i am only one-third the reply whore you are.

Great! So everyone knows me Smile How sweet. You just dont like that I reply instead of just taking the word of "the-one" as GOD WRITTEN TEXT? Not sure i can remember a reply from you that wasnt a bash, a put-down or not logical. I might have to go back a double-check a lot of threads...might take a while. But I cant think of one from memory.

of course i reply to get people to see things my way. Don't you? It's XR's motto to "do it our way or dont do it at all" isnt it?. I've thought out my responses both in type and applicability. For the most part they are accurate and readable if a person takes the time to read them. They are submitted to provide a valid response to a situation in a neutral stance. Simply to make people think about thier own actions or just to provide a point for discussion.

I have no power over Ubi...nor do the thousands of customer that respond on thier forums telling Ubi that they are tired of being beta testers.

The anger... thats personal. From continually getting stabbed by swift on his RSL boards and here. This topic was opened for discussion because "people were using glitches.. was it cheating"? He, made it personal with his reply. Dont use me a scape goat for your own actions, be a responsible gamer.

the-one, you've never seen swift, tpp or any ssc jump out the window in "streets of milan" and stand on the light pole? I'm sure you will say no. But the truth is known. I've played more than enough with you guys to know what people in each clan has and has not done. By your definition.. they are out of the Game Zone... so still, they are cheating.

The guy was not out of the game zone.. He was in a stairwell as opposed to being 1 hundred feet in the air. He could be killed as normal. If he was out of the game zone, then when you blew up the door he wouldnt fall would he? No he wouldnt. But the fact is he DOES fall down off the door (because its gone).

A glitch is a glitch is a glitch. If you have used one and condone it as legal.. then all glitches must be legal because they are available to everyone and is not a modification to the game as the makers released it.

How the hell do we know, that getting on the large bridge in Pagoda (GR2 if you are unaware) wasnt made on purpose as a "game secret". Surely we have all seen the hints and tips in gamer magazines and websites. They put cheat codes into thier games for god sakes. You can get up on that large bridge from either side of the stream AND get down from it without hurting yourself. Hrmm... is it a glitch? Or intention on the basis that the better gamers will find it for use?

Think about it.

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this was Kold's site he would get mad and take his toys and go home......

Geesh Rolling Eyes

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol.. and the people that ask for help are always the first to stab you in the back.

Thats all you have man? reply whore

If you are going to take the time to destroy me, you destroy all I build too. Ice and Seven did that, not me. I dont take shit laying down.

Try contributing next time. Might make for a better conversation. Smile

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kold I can certainly write a big novel about how I feel about cheating, or how I feel about arguements on the internet. However since you want me to contibute I will write a novel now.

This all just isn't really so important to me. If I know I play honest, I don't really try to care about everyone else. If if irritates me I won't play with those I don't trust. You have sat in these threads and taken a shot at everyone you can think to take one at. Hell you got to lazy to name names this time so you named clans instead. Honestly I love that you see all of us a major force on kai, we are Wink I am not convined you should count yourself in that same category yet. Better see if your "Shadow's fan club" hangs out long enough to be a major player.

I think it is pretty easy to see I am no reply whore. I do think you are addicted to these arguements. I think the contribution I am making is reminding everyone that you are truly the "its my way or else guy".

Here is the funny thing about this. I actually regret that I posted that. Not that I give a shit what you think, don't like you don't dislike you. You are just Kold I have grown to get that part. When did this stop being fun for you? It seems like more work to be so angry. I am sorry I added fuel to this fire.

So now that we are all so riled up about all this. Here is what I REALLY think about cheating. We should stop talking about it. The cheaters love all the attention we give them. We should drop it and play with those we trust and leave all these little cheats out in the cold.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That was a short story.

You missed the topic along with many others.

People are looking for a definition and relation to cheating = glitches. Where is it?

Thats where I am taking the conversation, yet they are seen as anger.

Maybe its the comprehension level of the people reading this that is the problem. Oh!!! I forgot! My bad. If a smilie isnt included after every line...its anger. Very Happy

The only post I made here in anger was the counter to Swifts attack. The rest is just regular smartassness and completely valid points. Maybe the truth hurts?

I didnt name names because there would be too many to list. How many people are in XR/DK/SSc/TA combined? see my point?

It's still fun for me, lots of fun, or I wouldnt be here. I play every night just about if Im not working on the site or sleeping because i didnt get any the night before.

I like this conversation because some valid points are being made public. Just look at your XR posts alone, they state that glitching is cheating, then acceptable, then "out of gameplay" yet we know everyone has participated.

Again.. people other than US are looking for a definition. We have mixed opinions in our own clans and can't even openly discuss it here without being attacked. Saying the clans used the lean glitch was not an attack.. it was the truth and was intended to make the members of those clans think before stating "glitching is cheating" without thinking of their own actions.

Shadow fan club? Major Force? Na.. XR doesnt even play games do they? Arent they developing some other app right now or chewing someone out on someones forums? Maybe you can show your force in GR2 sometime, Luke.

I could care less what category you think I'm in or what your thoughts are about me. I dont exactly have a favored opinion of you either and I already know XR has a "whollier than thou" attitude. Im not gonna battle it. Its a psychological problem than cannot be remedied with forum posts.

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

shadowace @ Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:10 pm wrote:
If this was Kold's site he would get mad and take his toys and go home......

Geesh Rolling Eyes

koldfuzion @ Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:57 pm wrote:
Maybe the truth hurts?

Good point.......

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol. that IS all you got. pathetic.

Shame you were not first hand in all the conversations and didnt get a one-sided opinion of it all. Or maybe you would have a point. Where was the force when it was needed Luke?

You were a by-stander in the whole thing.. so just stand by the side and continue your shots. I love them Smile

Maybe you are just hurt that XR didnt win it?

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn dude, you don't get it, do you???

YOU have a problem that has been noticed on every forum you go to, you simply argue for the sake of arguing. You find out someone's position, and you consider your position the exact opposite and ride that badboy for all its got. Agree to it, deny it, stick in YOUR holier hole, WHO CARES???

your guy was up on top of a door, that's a glitch that a button masher does. falling out the window on Milan onto the light pole is called virtual gravity. pushing your directional pad to the left or right ONCE to lean...is just that...a lean.

I gotta say though, I appreciate the amount of respect (or lack thereof) that you have for what XR and other clans that have been around this beeotch for a looong time has done/accomplished. While you are trying to make a name for yourself (albeit a negative one), we were already down this road, battling cheaters and showing others that there is HONOR is playing solely with gaming skills.

Laughing Laughing Laughing YOU'RE THE REPLY WHORE...NOT IT!!!

that is in reference to you camping out a forum topic, and replying and arguing EVERY SINGLE ANGLE OF EVERY FOCKING THING. when this one is all said and done, i bet you get at least 10 notches on that # on the left. understand? Razz

anyways, man, now get back to replying to this a few more times and display your positive side...just dont forget to get me a beer, beeotch! Cool

the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.xr8d.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29922#29922

koldfuzion
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol.. that was as silly as they come.

try this one. http://www.shadowvipers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=360

Respect... lol, again. You prove my point. You demand it thinking you deserve it for what reason?

Actually, you dont mash buttons to get on the door.. you LEAN against a rail and it puts you up there. Its also a LACK of "virtual gravity"

How many more times will you reply to this in one day? I have a couple hundred posts right? wrong. There is nothing wrong with seeing a topic through to the end dummy. Thats why they call them discussion forums and not post-it-note forums. lmao. Maybe you just need to learn how to discuss. Im sure there is a class or book on the matter somewhere.

Admit it.. if you wasnt having fun, you wouldnt have replied more than once!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the:one-xr @ Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:26 pm wrote:
http://www.xr8d.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29922#29922

I'm not even going to comment, if i do i may get bashed like Koldfuzion does. Laughing

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dang you kaotic.. i already closed my browser only to read that one liner ? Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok here is my 2 dollars worth,

The:one, who the hell do you think you are? Xr has all but dropped off the face of the earth and you are talking about them like they are a dynasty? and want to see if SVC will hang around,screw XR. Looks like they arent staying around to me

Same goes for you shadow. You guys are so lost because now there are other clans around finding glitches and Xr isnt the shit anymore. you guys are like little lost puppies.

We are not denying using the glitch(as you and others do). We are saying that glitches ARE NOT CHEATS. Thats why they have two different names.

You say ubi fixed the glitch? shows how much you know, they made it worse.found this on the subject............

Begin by hiding behind an object so that the enemy cannot see you, lean in the direction you are going to slide out from, slowling start to walk in that direction while maintaning your lean state. Then speed up just a tiny bit so that on your screen you are no longer leaning. All of this must be done before an enemy sees you, thus on the enemys screen you will still be leaning when really you arnt. They can shoot at you all they want and it wont leave a mark, unless you stop moving in that direction in which you started. To make sure you are doing this correclty open a room with a buddy who can watch you, if done correctly on your screen you will be standing up and on your buddys screen you will be leaning.This is a bit tricky at first, but take it slow and you''ll master it. If its not working for you make sure that the enemy cannot see you before you speed up and are no longer in the leaning position(dont let enemy see you while you are leaning behind an object trying to get it to work). You must also be crouched for this to work, tho I am not positive.

now swift you have a new toy to play with.

seems like you also know alot about that glitch of getting out of the peaks map too The:One. you sound guilty to me..

button pushing well last time I looked thats all the controller has is buttons. You have some magic shit hooked to yours to lean with? D-Pad is still a button moron. Always trying to make excuses for the lean glitch just like all your other OLD school clans.

you stated that a grenade takes care of the lean glitch? well it takes care of the stairwell glitch also.

plain and simple on the RSL BS. It was not in the rules.swift and co. decided to add that in the last week of the rsl telling no one of the changes. also no post in his forum on the subject. You do not tell my team how to play and I dont tell yours how to play. Funny swift you knew we look for spots like the plant on ferry boat and funny how you just tell my team leader about useing them right before YOUR clan played us. did you talk to other clans? no!!! In my eyes YOU were cheating trying to protect your clan.

Swift also said that getting on ANYTHING that you couldnt "normaly" do in the game was a cheat. BS !!!! I get in many places on RB6BA that ALOT of people cant do. That is not cheating. Some people just want an easy win by having the other team run around like crazed idiots.

The:one posted ....nobody playing the game to its fullest will expect someone there, that's what makes it cheating, an unfair advantage not derived by game skill

ummm if he can do what others cant isnt that defined as skill? also if you are in a war wouldnt you want to be where no one would expect?

dont be mad because xr fell apart and couldnt stay in the rsl(well any games for that matter) another glitchy one directional RB6 4 is in the making XR will be in buisiness soon. not like they can be proficient in GR2 anyway.

Peace out BIATCH Smile (there is my smiley)
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Exploiting little known glitches to gain an advantage over your opponents is cheating IMO.

These glitches are not common knowledge, even though they might be equally available for all to use, but hey so are patches for aim bots but that doesnt make using them fair!

When we regular players play these games day in, day out its all too easy to forget that.

Glitches by definition were not put there on purpose, it's therefore much more honourable (as well as fun for both parties) to ignore these and play the game in the spirit that it was intentionally designed to be played.

To eliminate any grey areas, much better just to say NO to hacking or glitching - use of neither is fair.

[EDIT: just to be crystal clear Im talking about glitches here not sniping / camping spots]

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn koldfuzion last time i saw you in game, which has been a while I admit you were cool. Now you're bitching everybody that uses/used the d-pad in rainbowsix3. I do think that using glitches in general should be considered cheating, but the leanglitch was uncontrollable and everybody used it, so now what you're coming to my house to rip out my d-pad. Let it rest nobody plays rb6 anymore anyways (/cry BA sucks)

Btw. Chesty who do you think you're...? You have been around for what 2 weeks? Xr has been around since the beginning and you can bitch about us as much as you want, but we don't care. We're not all about playing games

anyways, ill be on my way back to the xbox soon... World of Warcraft is taking up to much time.

peace out (damn, no smileys at all)
chefcs5
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And now for the works of Homer (and not simpson dumbass)...also this is the cliff notes version I toned it down and took out alot of qoutes and some of the cited works to make this a quicker read......thank you:)

Ok all glitches are just that glitches. They are in the game wheather we like it or not.. You say that its ok to do glitches that everyone knows (lean glitch), well everyone has the ability to do all glitches. You may have a favorite spot to hide where it is hard to be shot from but easy for you to shoot....If I dont know about that spot is it cheating???NO duh...So some people practice and work, and look for glitches, dont you practice for hours on your tactics and gameplay...dont you look for a great spot to hide...Ok and then you say well then isnt modding the map ok too cuz everyone can do it???NO not everyone has the capability of hard and software to do it...Every one who plays can find and use glitches...do I like them yes and no...They are fun but not acceptible in a match.. But I can not kick or ban some one for using them because it is not stated any where in the rules..If we get the rules changed then it would also ban "lean glitch" afterall it is a glitch so it would be banned too....You cant just ban some glitches and not all.. But how can you ban leaning. I belive all glitches should be banned during match play, but then if you do have a sweet spot that someone else has not found and its not a glitch you will still be accused of cheating..So I ask where does it all end....it doesn't unless you have absolute power...So to those who do, Happy Glitching and to those who dont, Happy Bitching......

As to the matter of Absolute Power (sorry if I quote the Communist manifesto or the Bill of Right in this ), “All man unless deemed the moderator is created equal.” So what I am saying here guys is that unless you are a WPH, or KAI moderator you have no right to make rules and if you do and the other team say ok sure right before a match you have no right to enforce them in any way if they do not follow. Now if they do not follow them this is breaking another’s trust and is dishonorable, but you do not have the right to do anything about it. Unless it is a part of the game that is open for discussion and rules as per the set gules for that league, tournament, or ladder as set by WPH, or KAI. So things currently open for discussion are things like who hosts. If you make an agreement not to use glitches (you can not exclude lean if you want to disqualify glitches it must be all you hypocrite). Then ok but if they do use such glitches you have no power to do ANYTHING about it even if you are a moderator, because it is not listed in the rules. Also if it does become rule how can you prosecute someone for doing it in the past? That would be absurd. Absolute power comes with absolute responsibility, so kicking or banning someone or a team from any event, ladder or league will have ramifications you should be ready to handle. Do you really want to kick or ban them? Maybe there are other measures? And NO ONE has the right to kick or ban someone from any of this UNLESS YOU ARE A MODERATOR*. Just because on of your clan mates are does not give you any power and those with power should not be swayed by their friends and subordinates. Do we really want to be closed minded as to kick or ban people with no explanation that is valid? It seems we do, but then again absolute power is absolutely corrupt. Why all this ranting and raving to protect those who have not been protected in the past what nobler deed than this? So I ask is this a Democracy? No but lets not let the good writings of Marx and the theory of Marxism turn into another Communism. Socialism is one thing but the so-called ethnic cleansing of “cheaters****” (if in fact they really are and not just glitcher’s) seems to be reminiscent of the days of Stalin and Lenin, and oh yeah Hitler comes to mind also. So to sum it all up (I will use the good name of the MBK clan because I mean no harm to them, love playing against you guys but I needed the name here) I make a deal with MBK just before our official match not to use any and all glitches, and during the game I do. There is nothing that can or should be done except bitching, distrust and loss of friendship. Until the time that all Glitches** are outlawed (including “lean glitch” ***) then there is nothing that can be done.

*=Deemed moderator by those who created the site to insure fair play and honest play.

**= DEF. OF GLITCH
1. Minor malfunction, mishap, or technical problem

***= Fairness act of 2005 (yet to be instated and ratified) is to state that all glitches are created equal. And that no glitch may have power or president over any other glitch (just saying lean glitch is just as bad as others.)

****=DEF. OF CHEATING
1. To deceive by trickery; swindle
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud
3. To mislead; fool
In other words Breaking stated rules, but it can not be cheating if there is no written rule about it, then its just innovative.

Disclaimer:
This is in no way demeaning to the moderators of this site who have been nothing but honest and fair so far... And to anyone else whose feelings were hurt or dreams were crushed sorry I owe you a beer sometime Very Happy

And for anyone who wants to bitch about me being around I have been around since Ultima online in 97 officially and have been in clans (2) ever since.......
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm chef, you state that "its fun but not acceptable in a match" why would that be do you think?

If its not acceptable in matchplay as you stated, then perhaps its because its not considered to be fair and therefore is dishonourable.

Your position on glitching has been made very clear, so at least everyone now knows what to expect when playing you and can take that into account when considering which servers to join... Wink

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Liquid, Im not bitching, Im providing valid discussion points. Why does it hurt the XR feelings.

The lean glitch wasnt used by everybody. I didnt use it. I was cheated against in clan matches then. And again, you state my point. A glitch is only acceptable if everyone uses it. So the lean glitch should not be acceptable. Maybe you meant "is acceptable if everyone in XR uses it"?

So if we list all the glitches and get more people to use them, then no one can be called cheating. Getting on the door in BA is a "lean glitch" you lean and walk the rail. Thats it. (for example). One lean glitch is acceptable yet another isnt?

Get real people.

Why dont XR just go ahead with their cheating and let others discuss the topic and quit the bashing?

http://www.xr8d.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29938#29938 <<-- you guys obviously dont act your age. Why should I expect logic or reason from you?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Acctually quick I am in fact myself totally against using glitches in any match wether it be for points or not and if there is any one that is not a member of my clan or one of my personal friends in the room "Glitches" will not be used by me or anyone on my team. Unless the exact glitch is used on us then we will retaliate with the sam glitch..dont miscontrue my words all i am saying is that if "lean " is acceptable all others are also. When in fact I have never my self even used the lean glitch. I am for standards and presedents that cover all "Glitches" ALL of them whether it is to out law them or not I stand behind it as long as it is fair and that is what is decided by the appropriate partys.
DJC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that was alot of reading. What did I learn? That kold is a dumb @$$ and he has some newbs backing him who have no clue(save Kaotic, he still seems like a solid guy on the wrong team Wink ) Look Kold you have your veiws and the rest ot the (kai) world has theirs...so the solution is simple, you go play with yourself Exclamation

see no more need of this banter, you don't attack us we'll leave you alone with your glitchs *cough cheats cough* . I wonder how fun it is to play online games by yourself....

Siriously Kaotic man get out while you still can Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic