FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 - Trainer why bother to play at all View next topic
View previous topic
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

btheman @ Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:56 pm wrote:
Sandanser there is an 'Glitch' in the game when someone has the Sword and RocketLauncher. When you lock on with the rocket launcher if you switch to sword really quick and press the Right thumbstick you can 'fly' to them or even make an vehicle fly. Unfortunately some people are really good and some people cheat so you have to be watching closely which isn't always easy. anyway just wanted to let you in on that.

but the super high jump is definatly a cheat cause the guy I saw do it was using dual smgs! I know of the sword scope trick this isn't it Twisted Evil I've also played in arenas before where the entire map was moded so everyone had the moded weapons which is fine as long as noone has an advantage. The other mod I saw the other day was these guys that modded it so they were just weapons, thats right just weapons a gun moving around and jumping and as you probally know you can't kill a gun! Evil or Very Mad
btheman
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats messed up. They being guns. Everyone else was an Halo2 person but two of them were weapons or everyone was weapons? Either way that is weird. Ok .. yup they were definately cheating then. If you remember their names you can put them in the Safe/Cheating forum so others know who they are.
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

only two of the guys in a 14 player slayer match on coagulation!! They were guns everyone else saw it, it was just a gun jumping around and moving around on the ground and like I said you can not kill something that isn't alive Twisted Evil and they admitted to using a mod afterwards in the lobby, they didn't care about what we said they responded with"its my game I'm going to do what ever I want with it!" Evil or Very Mad
btheman
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah its your game and we aren't playing Your 'game' . Fine you two guns play by yourselves... Thats absolutely ridiculous. I would report those punks, then they can play with each other all they want because no one would play with them. That should make them happy, right?
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its hard to report anyone using halo2 cause no one uses their xtag, basically you can change your halo2 tag to something new everytime you play if you wanted to Rolling Eyes

I just want to play some normal games some times but it is funny when someone is using a cheat and you still beat them down that happened just last night for me. 2 guys using the jump trainer and I still killed them good, in the lobby I said "even with the trainer you still can't win" they quit! Laughing
btheman
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In big rooms it is hard to report them but if you have Kai UI running you can see the names of people in the room. Maybe just ask them. Hey what are your names in Kai I want to add you to my buddy list Wink and then you know their names. They can't change their xtag. In a room of 14 people.. if their name is close then you can rule out them. I know its not a good system.

Funny how they quit.
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

when they quit I laughed my ass off! Cause as soon as I said "even with trainers you still can't win!" boom they were out of there! Laughing
revengesrage
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok people I have a modded xbox and have done some experimenting with trainers myself. Here is how you can get these punks!

If you cant kill them and they have an invincible like cheat on or if they are cloaked or whatever. The person who is the host is the cheater with the trainer on.

If a person can jump 2x as high andyou see thats all they are doing they are not hosting. any other cheat besides jumping 2x as high they must be host in order to use the other cheats.

I do not use these trainers online and will not.

Please dont confuse the rocket/sword glitch with trainers.

For people that do have modded xboxs.

when you see a person cheating with the jumping glitch tell everyone and repeat after you die a few times that you are going to get back at the other guys with the cheat and enable it.

I probaly dont recommend doing that cause its so tempting to use it at your own will when you have it in the game to enable. So I always make sure I dont have the trainers launched with my game. Very Happy
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well I've played when everything is modded for everyone on the map which is fine! shit I don't mind messing with mods as long as everyone has the mod!! but when its just the host and their buddy its pretty boring to say the least Evil or Very Mad
rougeking
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i can swear to you that i would never do anything like cheat on HALO Evil or Very Mad so wrong
(i luv it so much) but what is a "trainer"
MadDogMuller
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a case last night, where about 12 people were playing Halo 2. In the time it took me to get killed and respawn, to or three of the other guys went from anout 35/40/45 kills to 80/85/90 kills.

All in the space of the 5 seconds it took for me to die and respawn. Killing EVERYONE and wating for them to respan will take longer than it took me to die/spawn, and would add maximum 11 to your score. NOT 40.

Anyone saw/experiences this before???
WiseGuy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we need to post some handles of the cheaters...theres a good chance they'll use it again...and cheat again. If we get some names of repeated cheaters they can be avoided if seen or watched...then reported on the foums. Makes me ill when i see a guy jumpin 100ft in the air and someone else not dying...We need to do something!!
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you give us there xtag, we can do something about it. Sadly most cheaters use a diff in game name to there xtag.

Just ask everyone in the room to state who they are. If they dont, get the host to kick them.

We need you guys to help us out on this one, we cant be everywhere. If you find or come across a cheater, let us know.

We will take action.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly. I am using nexbc because of so many cheaters on xlink kai.

The only way I see of us avoiding these cheaters. Is to make a patch for the game that will make the game not work when any changes have occured.

If there are any programmers here and want to help us in the fight against cheaters a auto update patch must be made.

So that those with modded xboxs and unmodded xboxs can use this patch.

By applying it to their xbox by action replay or megax key or by a modded xbox.

I will be posting on files.halomods.com To see if I can get any of their help and on hxbdev.

With the help of the halo 2 community and those who has more knowledge with computers we can make a patch for the xbe that gets changed in the xbox live auto update.

Hopefully we can make it so that if the other person doesnt have it, It will kick them out.

If they do have it, It will be incompatible with their halo 2 trainer.
nickpoop
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

in all of my playingtime on kai i have only met one person ursing trainers....and he came out and admited it...i dont no how u could b experiencing so much that u have to use XBC....just find rooms where ppl dont use them
Skitzofraen
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen a couple of people im allmost positive was cheating (wont mention names since im not 100% sure)!! We where playing at 16 player team battle and these two players keept insisting on beeing on the same team, just the two off them!! Since they seemed pretty good, we agreed and took a game of 2 VS 14!! We lost BIG TIME!! On my team I was the top Killer/scorer with 23 kills, wich i thought was pretty good until i looked at the opposition!! both of them had around 120 kills!! At the time i just thought they where damn good, nut now ill have to say i think they where cheating!!
BladeRunnerZ
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last night I experienced some players using cheats, jumping 3 player heights into the air, about 15 feet. I immediately quit the game. I won't play with cheaters. The playing field should be level. And if you're going to use cheats, tell the other players, don't be a moron.
jkjk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Skitzofraen @ Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 pm wrote:
I have seen a couple of people im allmost positive was cheating (wont mention names since im not 100% sure)!! We where playing at 16 player team battle and these two players keept insisting on beeing on the same team, just the two off them!! Since they seemed pretty good, we agreed and took a game of 2 VS 14!! We lost BIG TIME!! On my team I was the top Killer/scorer with 23 kills, wich i thought was pretty good until i looked at the opposition!! both of them had around 120 kills!! At the time i just thought they where damn good, nut now ill have to say i think they where cheating!!

well there are 14 of you to kill and only two of them...you do the math...

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i agree cheats should be banned, i also agree they probably suck at games. they will be BANNED from any arenas i host as i want to have fun but also a fair chance. also my friends are looking for them and will ban them for their arenas. as i said they SUCK at games and if we stick together we will get them.
masterwill
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, i wanted too say something about the cheaters too.
I'm a new Halo2 player, so i'm not that good, but i joined a few games yesterday and i think there where allot of people cheating. Sometimes they just don't die, i already sayd i'm not quite good, but not that Bad!! lol
I think their IP should be banned permenently, it's no fun for others who want to play it like it should be played!

Greetings Will

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic