FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 if we want to minimize cheating on kai... View next topic
View previous topic
TPP27
Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

why don't we make a mandatory rule that the Kai nickname has to be the same as your ingame nickname. I'm sure this has been brought up before but I believe this would be a very big step in combating this problem.

opinions?

xr8d.net
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i think this is a great idea to a point .. in my case i can't do this exactlly because 3 ppl live in my house and we have 3 xboxs hooked up .. our nicks are usually .. c2-HC , crazy_D-HC , kat-HC .. or some variation of the same thing .. c2-hicaow, crazyD-hicaow .. depends on the game .. oh and i'm c2 , the only one who posts in the forums out of the 3 ..

we don't cheat anyway :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
urine.my.way
I Just Make The World Go Round

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i think this would be hard to accomplish. People can make new ingame names easily, and others may feel like changing their names every so often. it would be hard for individuals who have long kai names and no way to change their ingame name to allow the same name as their kai name. although i would like to see the cheating go away, i dont think this is a practical way of accomplishing it

Dr. Urine, no cure for the disease...

Last edited by urine.my.way on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:31 am; edited 3 times in total
TPP27
Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

urine_my_way @ Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:14 pm wrote:
i think this would be hard to accomplish. People can make new ingame names easily, and others may feel like changing their names every so often. it would be hard for individuals who have long kai names and no way to change their ingame name to allow the same name as their kai name. although i would like to see the cheating go away, i dont think this is a practical way of accomplishing it

wrong. if you have a long ass kai nickname, then abbreviate it or make the main word your nickname, i.e. your nickname in the game could be "urine". anyways, accomplishing this wouldnt be a problem at all because there would be a zero tolerance policy by the game hosts, if your nickname doest relate to your kai nickname in any small way, you get the boot from the room.

xr8d.net
boxo-XR
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree that the Kai tag should at least resemble the in-game name. Otherwise it is too hard to boot the scum.
butchr
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the best idea I have heard in a long time. The only reason not to have you XLink name your in game name is if you are trying to hide something.
shadowace
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Add something to signify this in your arena if you are a host.
like Kai tag = ingame or booted Wink

I do agree this should be a common rule amongst "safe" hosts. It will increase the credibility of a honest player.

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

shadowace @ Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:27 am wrote:
Add something to signify this in your arena if you are a host.
like Kai tag = ingame or booted Wink

I do agree this should be a common rule amongst "safe" hosts. It will increase the credibility of a honest player.

Consider it done in my rooms, I'm gonna see if i can get the main hosts for rb6 to do the same.

0EN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this idea is good.

I think there should be a similar rule so people aren't fighting to get their name on the top of the list.

like ---====-=-=Oen

People are starting to do it unfortunately.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
SS-Gator
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my kai tag is always the same as my in game name so its not a prob for me....wut i think we should do is instead of forcing ppl to make their kai tag their in game name.....they could put it in their profile so if we click on the magnifying glass next to their name or something it would show us their in game name. or maybe the kai devs could make it where instead of seeing the presons kai tag...kai would sort the names by their IGN (in game name) that they have put in their profile.

just a thought Very Happy

Last edited by SS-Gator on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobby_drake
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good idea Tpp

We need like a no nack alliance, All the older more established clans should come up with a plan to reduce hakin in games. But we also need some moderators and admins that actually game on six alot not just sometimes,(*by the way this is not a jab or a shot at anyone most moderators dont play 6 anymore or at least very rarley) late night in our dedi's we always get a hack in the game and we cant do anything because no one has the power. Anytime someone is nice enough to put up a dedi there always an ass who wants to ruin a good game

Now us T'A boys have our ways to get rid of nuisances Very Happy Very Happy I f we (the vets of kai) get together I am sure we could go further to make our games less and less hacker freindly. Since we generally host all day. We can put a dedi in the Mansion ( we would have more control there)but that to me doesnt seem to be the best solution because our dedi's are for all real gamers and we want the RB63BA room to stay poppin. Somethin can and needs to be done and We as the elite (Kai vets) can get it tight. T'A_ Xr SS DK Toxic, OG's What do You guys think? I am down for whatever that will keep the integrity of the game high and keep the fun flowin.

Holla at ya boy
That is all

Last edited by bobby_drake on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
urine.my.way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i like that idea gator of clickin the magnifying glass and having an option to see their ingame name there. i think that would be a nice lil way for the host to know whos who in the room to weed out the cheaters

Dr. Urine, no cure for the disease...

Last edited by urine.my.way on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
TPP27
Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ya gator's idea is not too bad, its a pretty close alternative to my idea.

xr8d.net
SS-Gator
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if this profile thing is used then of course there will be ppl who will put in a fake IGN...but all u have to do is see if everyones IGN on ur tv matches the IGN tags on kai and jus kick whoevers doesnt match...maybe ban their account Twisted Evil

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like it.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

0EN @ Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:43 am wrote:
I like it.

You might as well of just said it oen....bump Laughing

papawu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, Kai Tag must equal In Game Name. Guess its time to change your name bobby_drake. LOL
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

papawu @ Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:23 pm wrote:
I agree, Kai Tag must equal In Game Name. Guess its time to change your name bobby_drake. LOL

Actually papa, funny you say that cause he did, about 2 weeks ago. (about when this thread started. lol) Twisted Evil Laughing

the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

honestly, TD could probably implement something to fix all this, but the best way to handle it IMO is the will of the masses.

there are way more of us who shit on the cheaters/hackers than there are the ahabs who try to ruin the games we play here (dot net Laughing ). if we all start to follow our own ideas, we can lead the masses. start by getting our own clans in on this, then spreading the word in games every night that your kai tags should be close to what your in game name is, put it in the description of the rooms, etc. get the word out that way. those who PRETEND to be mutes shall get the boot.

the more we all advertise this, the better we have at reaching any clean mutes. those mutes-on-purpose cheaters...well, who cares, burn in hell (or play on xbchode...same thing Twisted Evil )

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic