FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Halo 2 comm problem - possible solution ;) View next topic
View previous topic
permarco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Me and friends of mine were playing a lot of Halo 2 in the "Halo 1 - PAL Italy" arena (we "met" there and it's like an hangout for us) and noticed that in this arena the comm problem does not show up (everyone is able to hear everyone else). Maybe this arena is using an "old" routing mode that works better with halo2? Like in the Halo 2 arena the icon status turns to "busy" when we are playing so i think that extra bandwidth is not required because kai closes connection with "new" peers anyway.

I hope this contribute to solve the problem, sorry for my bad english and bye Smile)
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or maybe Halo 1 doesn't support the headset since it never existed when it came out? Wink

Halo 2 should be played in Halo 2, we're not going to break the game for Halo 1 users because you decide to play in the Halo PAL-Italy arena. Just make a private arena in the Halo 2 Europe's and meet up with your friends there.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:58 am wrote:
Or maybe Halo 1 doesn't support the headset since it never existed when it came out? Wink

I said that we were playing Halo 2 in the Halo 1 arena Wink. Obviously H1 does not support comm Wink.

To be more clear:

1) if i play Halo 2 in the Halo 2 arena i can not hear anyone else but the host from the comm.
2) if i play Halo 2 in the Halo PAL Italy i can hear from the comm the way it was intended to work (like in a local LAN or Live!)

Bye Wink

edit:

Quote:
Halo 2 should be played in Halo 2, we're not going to break the game for Halo 1 users because you decide to play in the Halo PAL-Italy arena. Just make a private arena in the Halo 2 Europe's and meet up with your friends there.

i don't want to ruin the gaming experience to anyone Wink. We used the h1 arena for accident and noticed that in this arena the comm problem does not show up (played H2 Wink) ... reading about the new "routing mode" in the last update i supposed that the "old" Halo 1 arena is using an "old" routing mode that "maybe" works well with h2 and don't break the comm support ...
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I've tested voice works fine in Halo 2? I haven't had any issues with it at all since the update.

And because there's only you guys in the Halo 1 Italy room, the old mode works because there's not 400+ other people in the same arena, there's no need to up the "threshold" we set in the Halo 1 arena.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just read another thread "complaining" about Halo 2 comm problem (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7993) and i'm still experiencing this problem too ... so i'll try to bump this possible "solution" Wink

Quote:
And because there's only you guys in the Halo 1 Italy room, the old mode works because there's not 400+ other people in the same arena, there's no need to up the "threshold" we set in the Halo 1 arena.

the "threshold" is triggered anyway ... and "new" people in the arena are unable to see already started games if the host status is not set correctly Wink (i'm referring to playing Halo 2 in the Halo 1 arena).

As far as i know the threshold was introduced to limitate the lag of Halo 1 in the main arena (and H1 requires a lot more bandwidth and "syncronization" between "peers" then H2) so i think/hope this "old" routing mode will work well in an arena as huge as the Halo 2 one too ...

again sorry for my english and bye Smile
Infection
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The voice situation has definitely not been fixed.
nahid
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got the xbox comm and tried it out on kai the other day and it seemed to work fine, no problems. Looked like everyone could hear me and i wasn't set to be a host.
permarco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nahid @ Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:30 am wrote:
I just got the xbox comm and tried it out on kai the other day and it seemed to work fine, no problems. Looked like everyone could hear me and i wasn't set to be a host.

Have you played halo 2 or another syslink enabled game? If you played halo 2 the comm problem does not show up in the lobby but only ingame (try to test it if you play the game and then report your experience here Smile)!

Bye Razz

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic