FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 how do you create/host game? View next topic
View previous topic
RAGGEDEDGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

will someone please post instructions on how to create/host a gt4 game.

the faq in xlink suck. xlink kai, you guys need to do better with the instructions. cmon man.
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NONE OF US HAVE GT4
RAGGEDEDGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

not sure who you mean by us, but look around the forum, you'll see posts about gt4
0EN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote a FAQ/Guide..

It doesn't work. Not user end problem.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
RAGGEDEDGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

have you played online with gt4 texlink? maybe you can host a room so we can play, since you're sooooooooo smart and can read user guides Rolling Eyes

why does xlink locate my ps2, says it configured properly, i can start a room on my laptop, but hwen i try to connect through ps2, it sticks at the "waiting for connection screen"?

I'm not the only person who has this problem. We've ben online for hours and no-one has been able to play.
DarkWolff
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RAGGEDEDGE @ Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:19 am wrote:
have you played online with gt4 texlink? maybe you can host a room so we can play, since you're sooooooooo smart and can read user guides Rolling Eyes

why does xlink locate my ps2, says it configured properly, i can start a room on my laptop, but hwen i try to connect through ps2, it sticks at the "waiting for connection screen"?

I'm not the only person who has this problem. We've ben online for hours and no-one has been able to play.

I got the same problem...
acidburn1942
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8269&sid=636f38736cf114e94cc9ecf4a588f390 read my post its hasnt failed me yet
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering I wrote all PS2 material when I've played a PS2 once 3 years ago and have never owned one, gimme a break.

Quote:
the faq in xlink suck. xlink kai, you guys need to do better with the instructions. cmon man.

I'd like to see you spend the last 2 years working on stuff and getting nothing out of it (except abuse from someone who couldn't be arsed experimenting or trying different things).

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My setup:
GT4 NA version
PS2 model: 39001 with network adapter
PC running Windows XP Pro SP2
with Linksys BEFSR41 router
ISP speeds: Down=4Mbps Upstream=384kbps
Xlink Kai Evo software
(making sure that you answer Unblock to Kai when Windows SP2 firewall tries to block initially)
=======
Firstly, this is MY setup. This is what worked for me, after much trial and error. I did find that the last thing I changed before success in Kai, was blocking my MAC address. Take it for what its worth. Im cutting and pasting from various sources (Xlink,other users, and my own experience).
=======
For KAI CONFIG TOOL shortcut(only have to use this initially)
Default Profile=Normal Kai Use
Kai Port=0
Kai Deep Port=0
Network Adapter=Autodetect & Lock
Deault Xtag=(Your Xtag name)
Default Pass=your password
Auto Login=put check in box
Launch UI=put check in box
Launch Engineput check in box
Close Engine After=Loss of UI
Accept UI Connections from=Local IP Only

For GT4 Network Settings:
Setup your Lan settings accordingly. Click Host and select yes. Then choose Player #'s choose 1 then choose Monitor # and Select 1 then Change Network traffic to Light. Now if you are gonna HOST then leave it just like that(to YES), if your going to just join a host, then select host and (change to NO). (The changes you made will stay but will be gray).
In GT4 Lan Netowork configuration, I did NOT set anything statically. I had DHCP enabled, and DNS to auto also.
Again, (both of you should have the same config in the GT4 lan options except Host will have host=yes and people joining him will have host=no)
SAVE your settings to memory card.

LINKSYS SETUP Screen
I have static IP addresses for my 2 computers, for other reasons, unrelated to this game.
In the Linksys Filters screen, I filtered out all IP addresses except the addresses I assigned to my computers. I didnt leave one open for my PS2. Just an FYI.
Now, this step is questionable, althought its the last change I made, and after I did it, I was able to connect.However, not ALL people have had to do this, from what Ive read.
Basically, you want KAI to act as a DHCP server, and not your Router. To do this, you need to BLOCK your PS2 MAC address from your Router, so that your Router doesnt auto assign an IP address to the PS2.
First, you need to know your PS2 MAC address:
To find the MAC address of your PS2 Network Adapter, you have to run your Network Setup disc. When the testing network fails, press the select button and the MAC address of the Network Adapter will appear in a window.
another way:
Go to EDIT NETWORK SETTINGS from SOCOM (not from the setup disk) and you should find the MAC address listed on one of the pages. It is in the form of a 12 digit number, where each x is a two digit hex number.
Once given YOUR MAC address, write it down and goto your Linksys Setup. My Linksys Setup is different from your version, but, you want to get to the FILTERS screen. You might have to click on the ADVANCED tab first, then FILTERS. From there, you should have a button that says something like EDIT MAC FILTERS. Now, put YOUR MAC Address in,
and hit Apply, then Apply again at the Filters screen, then closed out my Linksys setup. Now, this "Could" interfere with your ability to play OTHER PS2 ONLY online games, Im guessing, since youre blocking the PS2 MAC address. (Xlink Admins will hopefully correct me if Im wrong) I dont play any other PS2 online games, so I didnt particularly care.
You could try it, then try to play another PS2 game that has native Online, and see. If it does prevent you from playing THAT game online, then, you would just have to enter this number, when playing GT4 online thru Kai, and any other time you want to play something else, just undo that number from the Linksys settings. Just keep that number handy, for future use. Shouldnt take but, a minute or less to DO or UNDO. It wont affect ANYTHING else, other than PS2 online games.
Now,
Start Kai:
You know what to do there. Just make sure, when your in a GT4 Private Arena, to Click on the Hour Glass, and make sure Network is REACHABLE. If it is, go back to the Private Arena.
The HOST will set his Kai Status as HOST, and Joinee with set his status as "just want to join".
Now, with you at the GT4 Arcade Mode Main Screen, coordinate with the Host, that youre ready to Join him, and YOU go first. Click Lan and connect, wait till the waiting for connection screen shows up. (Remember, both of you should have the same config in the GT4 lan options except one will have host yes and one will have host=no). Notify the Host via Kai, that youre getting the "waiting for connection..." screen, then, he'll do the same.
Once the HOST is in the waiting for connection screen it should take less than a minute for them to esablish a connection if its longer than a minute somone messed up and you have to restart the ps2's and xlink and start the process all over (the connection process not the settings) It has to be in that order it won't work otherwise.
========
Also, I did this just once. Make sure Kai has DETECTED your console. When you get to the point in joining a Host, and you click the GT4 Lan Connect, check Kai, click on the Magnifying glass Diagnostic Tool icon, then, on the folder Icon below it. Does it say your console is properly configured? It should. It only says that, AFTER Ive tried to connect thru GT4's LAN.
RAGGEDEDGE
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:50 am wrote:
Considering I wrote all PS2 material when I've played a PS2 once 3 years ago and have never owned one, gimme a break.

Quote:

I'd like to see you spend the last 2 years working on stuff and getting nothing out of it (except abuse from someone who couldn't be arsed experimenting or trying different things).

It's not my job to spend hours tinkering around with xlink trying to "figure it out" Xlink Kai development team has worked hard I'm sure, but not hard enough. It's not easy, it's not simple, there are too many variables.
We're not your damn guinea pigs.

Now that GT4 is out, you go buy GT4 and you go figure it out, then post a comprehensive instruction guide. That's your job!!!

If it was a couple people who had problems, then fine, but not when it's 99% of users who can't get it to work.

I was able to get my console recognized and configured successfully, I got into chatrooms and I created an arena, that was easy enough. Congrats to Xlink for that.

After that, try to connect, no luck!! Majority of users have that same problem. It's like winning the lottery if you connect! Lotto has better odds I bet!

Don't advertise this software as something easy and simple as scratching my ass. Very Happy

With that said, thanks for letting me rant and rave, I know xlink team has worked hard to provide a free online service to us, that those clowns at polyphony were too stupid to realize was more important than super graphics and a high res photo mode.

Codemasters and TOCA ROCK!!
!!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic