FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Not just for Halo 2 but... View next topic
View previous topic
0EN
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just have to point out... It seems unless someone has been there, they don't understand. Everyone I have played Halo 2 with has posted saying there should be a Pro arena, people I haven't seen play Halo 2, say there shouldn't be one.

I don't know how the whole admin/mod controls work... however my thought user can't send in emails etc. for access... they have to participate in tournaments and matches. Long story short.. there are always admins/mods running those events that can easily review how well a player has done so far, and either grant/deny access.

If really necessary, maybe add 1 more person that likes this idea to take care of approvals/reviews.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number
Stray_Reaper
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it would be cool, aslong as the pros still take the time to play in the normal arena. but as they probably will.... then i don't see a problem. Because it would be cool to get the email asking if you want to join the mysterious "pro arena"....just my 2p.
gabbo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my two cents (cdn) on this pretty long discussion:

rather than having a qualifying arena that you need to "earn the right" to play in, why not have an optional arena for novice games? this way noobs can hook up and won't get discouraged by having their rears handed to them in every game they play and more experienced players should generally feel more challenged. i have spoken with quite a few people who are hesitant to play b/c they feel they are not up to the level of play in many rooms. i know there are weiners out there who will go into these arenas and wipe everyone out, but that kind of fun doesn't last very long, does it?

alternatively, how about just an experience category that you select when you create an arena (say choose from five different skill levels)? this category then appears as a descriptive line for each sub-arena so people can see what calibre of play is expected. if someone wants to try his/her hand at a certain experience level, s/he can - and they'll probably leave if they're in over their heads. i usually do.

i know this isn't going to deal with cheaters, but maybe a kick/ban option for the host is the best solution for that problem.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic