FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 not welcome... View next topic
View previous topic
vinney
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here goes...
when i try to enter any game on my xbox through halo 2 it gives the message "You can't join this party. Please wait a moment and try agian later." Im wondering if this is a noob question but i cant find the answer in any other forums and the trouble shooter didnt cover this...
the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the game may be full or locked by the host. try another host/room to see if you continue to get this msg

vinney
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for your reply... i have tried about 20 different games and hosts so far with no luck... it is a backup and im beginning to wonder if thats the problem...
revengesrage
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont think its your backup game.

It could be if youve done some bad modifications to it????

Now if you get that message turn off your xbox turn it back on and try again sometimes that helps.

If your on a firewall or router. Forward some ports that may fix your problem. Make sure the ports are setup correctly in the xlink config good luck!
Schism
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I run a back up copy of halo2 and on a modded box to boot ... never had any problems?? Every now and then I see the same as you but its once in a blue moon Wink
nahid
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's weird, I have been on xlink for a while now, joined many times and very very rarely get that "can't join this party" message but today I have tried to join over 30 times and no luck. I run xlink through XBMC but I also tried to run it just from PC and still didn't work. Anyone else have the same problem?
PimpMyXbox.net
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had this happen a few times to me and maybe two friends, and the fix was the same. Here was MY scenario, don't know if it will apply to you.

Problem: Xbox had good IP, could FTP to the box, could run shoutcast, etc. Internet Connection was solid. However, couldn't see anyones game once KAI was started. Therefore, couldn't join a game because none showed as available.

Fix: Reboot everything. I know it always seems like that's what people try telling you, but on this one you have to do it in a certain order. First, unplug power to the cable modem and router. Plug power to the cable modem back in first, let it sync up with solid lights for internet connection and then plug in router. Reboot PC. This has worked for me as well as to help others by phone! It was the problem.

Not certain, but I think sometimes it's because we travel with our boxes and hook into other networks, etc, or just the router dumps and that reboot helps the router dish out a good, working IP. I use avalaunch for xbox to xbox transfers as well and believe it may also cause the need to reboot OCCASIONALLY. Hope that helps. I remember one night on the phone with my son an hour from his mothers and he was really upset because it was doing exactly as described above and the reboot is what got it. I had him typing in and trying all kinds of stuff.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic