FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Kai Engine + Avalaunch + 4 Xbox's .. HOW? View next topic
View previous topic
Matzy
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey guys.. I just got the new Avalaunch and see that Kai support is now built in.. but there is one thing of which I am unsure..

The scenario .. I have Kai engine only running on my server PC and on my 4 xbox's I will have the latest Avalaunch .. now on each Xbox do I use the same Xtag username & password or can I use different ones for the each of my kids that use them ?? .. Will the kai engine support multiple tag logins?

Edit #1 - Embarassed Wrong forum.. this should have been in the Xbox forum.. any chance of a mod moving it over please ... ?

Edit #2 - An update.. Right.. here's my findings so far.. I have updated all 4 Xbox's with Avalaunch 0.49.0.3 - I have configured them all to use the same Kai username & password with the auto login option enabled.
The first (any) xbox turned on successfully logs into kai and works flawlessly, all other xbox's then get stuck in a loop of connect, disconnect giving the messages "Logged into kai successfully" and "Engine detached avalaunch".. If I stop all other xbox's logging in by disabling auto connect feature then reboot them, i can just launch R63 for example and see all kai games using the connection made by the first xbox.. so in a fashion it does work.. this just means I must always decide on which xbox must connect to kai, but if someone switched this off whilst another person is playing on a different xbox i imagine they will be disconnected!! I will try setting up another account and test whether each xbox can login using its own account..

Edit #3 - Update.. Using a 2nd kai tag on another xbox also does not work.. any ideas on the best resolve for this kinda situation guys? would it be an avalaunch feature to check for an already active login or a kai feature to allow multiple logins from different xbox's on a LAN?

DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Answer:

1 engine per 1 client

just have one xbox connect to the engine and the rest will be in the same arena it chooses

also if you want to make sure only one xbox trys to connect to the engine you can edit the kaiuserconfig.txt to read

kaiAccept=192.168.0.102;

just put the ip of your xbox you want to connect there you can also specify more than one if you want to allow others to choose the arena

make sure you choose the dashboard option in kaiconfig before editing the txt file though becasue if you use kaiconfig again it will remove the ip

REMEMBER:
Avalaunch Kai Support is still *unoficially* supported as is XBMC's Kai support.
Lets try to keep the dash questions on the dash's forums for now.

Matzy
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem DIE-HARD .. as soon as I had posted I thought I had got it in the wrong forum altogether..

My only dilemma with regards to kai is that there are 4 xbox's in the house, 1 for me and the other 3 are in each of my kids rooms.. the case is usually that they either want to play R63, Toca2 or PGR2 .. so from this I assume they are unable to play different games online at the same time.. ??

DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well that all depends on your setup, if you set up your xbox behind your computer you can set kai to only use the 2nd NIC and be able to play in another arena with another login because the xbox's are on diffrent networks, while the other 2 connect to your main network and connect to an engine on a diffrent pc

but the basic rule is 1 engine per network

this may or may not change in the future but the problem comes in when both engins tunnel the same traffic casing your bandwith usage to double or even cause a loop bringing your network to a halt if both engines go into the same arena

Matzy
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problem.. my kids can just play the same games online at the same time whether they like it or not then .. lol

I can see how things would gring to a halt if everything was doubled up, or even trebled in this case..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic