FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 UK smash players? View next topic
View previous topic
GEEK1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im hosting a SSBM turniment and im looking for new players from the UK to join the seen.
youkaizero
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Smash Bros can do lan?o_O
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i think he means meet up and play.
GEEK1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Author Thread

Smashbros
Smash Journeyman

Smash Mafia presents [SMASH WARS] UK smash tournie
Ok, as many of you already know i've been planning on hosting a tournament for a while, and it's only now that i can make things official as i have been given permission from my parents.

The UK smash scene has been around for roughly a year now (TDI 1) in April 2004 and already things are in decline. Somebody has to take responsibility and i've decided to do so.. not just because i feel that i have to save the smash scene in the UK but because it's fun too This tournament is also here to promote the level of our play here in the UK. After playing someone like Captain Jack at DT i am well aware of how far we are behind lol. i expect a high turnout of UK players.

The tournament will be hosted at my house in Perth, Scotland on Saturday the 9th April 2005. This is the most likely date right now but it is not official, i can change the date if it is inappropraite for the vast amount of people who want to attend. The reason for this date that it is during my holidays and it will be easier for me to organise and easier to house people during this time.

Foreigners: Players coming from abroad can attend my tournament although i will say now that numbers are limited housing wise and you will have to consult me about everything before you go ahead and book any tickets. THere is no airport in Perth as it is not a major city, but a large town. You can easily get to Perth from either Edinburgh or Glasgow airport by train and i can pick you up at Perth train station. It will NOT BE POSSIBLE for me to pick you up at the airport. But take note that there are smashers in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and they may be able to help you out in that department. I apoligise if this has been announced at a late date and have to pay a bit more for you're flight but there's no other way it could be done.

Singles entry: £5
Teams: £10 per team
Low tier £1

Rules

Rules for 1 vs 1:
The tournament will be Double Elimination, best of 3. Best of 7 in the finals (and possible other rounds as well, if there's some spare time)
4 Stock, 8 minutes Stocktime.
If the timer runs out the player with the most stock left wins. In case of a stock tie the player with the lowest percentage wins (so the Sudden Death does not count in this case). In case of a percentage tie the Sudden Death is played.
Items are off.
First match in a set the stage is either agreed upon or random. All further matches within a set the loser of the previous match gets to pick stage. However, if a stage has already been played in a set it can only be played a second time if the winner of the previous match agrees to play it again.
The following stages have been taken of random select: Battlefield, Peach's Castle, Rainbow Ride, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Great Bay, Temple, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Corneria, Venom, Poké Floats, Mute City, Big Blue, Onett, Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom 2 Icicle Mountain, Flat Zone Kongo Jungle N64 and Yoshi's Island N64.
That leaves just 5 stages on random select: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination and Dream Land N64.
Temple, jungle japes, big blue, fourside, brinstar depths, green greens, venom, pokefloats Yoshi's Island N64 Great Bay and flat zone have been banned and can not be picked, ever! All other stages can be picked.
The first match of a set both players are allowed to pick a character, all following matches only the loser of the previous match is allowed to switch character OR stage . The winner of the previous match must remain the same character.
And finally, stalling tactics such as Peach bombering or rising pound are banned unless when used for recovery.

Rules for teams:
Team attack is on.
All other rules are the same as 1 vs 1.

Rules for lower tier:
Single elimination.
Characters allowed:
Link
Pikachu
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Yoshi
Ness
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Mewtwo
Bowser
Pichu
All other characters can not be used.
All other rules the same as 1 vs 1.

Thank you Mr Silver, these are the rules from DT10 they are not final i will probably tweak them slightly to my liking at a later date. All events should happen on Saturday the ninth if we dont have time i will possibly host the low tier on the friday or the Sunday. Prize money is yet undecided as of how it is going to be split.

MISC INFO:

TV's will not be a problem, i should have 3 BIG tv's and 2 smaller ones for this tournament. i already have 4 cubes, i may need one or two from people but it should not be a problem.

Food and stuff; no problem either there's takeaways and chip shops two minutes from my house. I should also have lots of bedding for people but not everyone, i would advise on taking a sleeping bag or/and a pillow

contact information: Most of you will already have my e-mail address if not add any of these addresses and we should be able to help you out

Euan: wifebeater2@hotmail.com

GEEK: smash_master_craig@hotmail.com

grayfox: smash_grayfox@hotmail.com

If you want mobile/ house numbers you can get them from me if you talk to me on msn or by PM on these boards.

Take note that this tournament will be hosted at my house and i would expect everyone to treat the place as if it were their own. Shoes off at door etc you know how it is. One more thing if you want to come but are not playing smash i'm sorry you cant come i simply wont have the room for you and i could have people coming instead who want to play.

Last of all get practicing !

^ thers info in the tuni im looking for new players
Praxis
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wifebeater2@hotmail.com? Shocked
GEEK1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Praxis @ Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:55 am wrote: