FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 US psp games and Kai View next topic
View previous topic
Methionine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was just wondering if there will be seperate channels for us and jp regioned psp games...cus wifi/lan multiplayer wont work with a jp vs us region coded game.

However a Jp system vs a US system with the same region game(us vs us or jp vs jp game) will work
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The games aren't region coded - and they would probably work anyway...

TD
Methionine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

while that may be true about region coding, it is not true with multiplayer... you have to have the same vers as someone else to play them multiplayer
ShenFlare
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

are you sure about that?
Daz_Genetic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I think he's right. I'm sure some guys tried to play a US version of Ridge Racer agains the Jap version and they couldn't see each other's game.

I don't have facts because I haven't done it myself, but I can say, as someone that has actually worked on making PS2 games, it is not out of the question that the Network code may have been changed enough to not be compatible. Bugs get fixed and changes get made, even if they are only supposed to be changing the language.

Edit: My gut instinct is that the US games (at least some of them) are going to need their own arena. And I'm sure a "(U)" or a "(J)" at the end of the name would be enough to differentiate between the ones that arne't compatible. What it is going to boil down to is when someone can actually test each of the US games against the Japanese versions. Creating new US arenas for the one's that don't work.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
xXKobaXx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you said a guy with a jap version or RR played a guy with an american version of RR... correct me if i am wrong but the american games don't come out for another 5 days...
Gamelver
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

first of all, a lot of games are already out now, and there are still a few more to come before launch....second of all, he didn't say that he knew for sure that
some guys tried it and it didn't work, he just said that if anyone has tried it, it probably didn't work....(who could try it? professional game reviewers.....)
Atilla
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK: Here is the lowdown!!!

gamespot wrote:
We were particularly interested in the Spider-Man 2 movie because we wanted to see how the region encoding worked between our Japanese and US PSP units. Sony had stated in the past that games would not be region locked, but other media, such as movies and music, would be. It appears that Sony was true to its word--we were able to play Japanese PSP games on our US unit and vice versa; we weren't able to play the Region 1-encoded Spider-Man 2 UMD on our Region 2 Japanese PSP. The region-free gaming also applied to multiplayer game modes. We were able to set up and play a multiplayer game between a Japanese and US unit without a problem.

There ya go. http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1679-x-x-x

5th paragraph.
Daz_Genetic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That paragraph is a little unclear. They said they could multiplayer between a US and an Japanese Unit (PSP), but they didn't clarify if they were trying different versions of the Game itself. They could have used a US version of the game in each unit and that paragraph still applies.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Atilla
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im assuming that they used 2 copies of the game, one from japan and one from US. They only got sent one RR US copy, and when that article was written RR wasnt on shelves yet.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic