PSP
55%
 55%  [ 41 ]
Total Votes : 74

dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nintendo needs better marketing - I just saw the new "minigames" ad on TV. It makes me want to laugh that I would pay $300 AU for a game where I spin a toilet roll? WTF IS GOING ON NINTENDO? STOP SMOKING CRACK.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure DS games cost $300 in Australia, really. Rolling Eyes

And that mini game is one of 180. If you don't like that game, don't buy it. I, among many other people, love the Wario Ware series and the DS version.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I meant $300 for the system.

Of course I don't like it, and of course I'm not going to buy it either. If I wanted to play that shit I'll load up an emulator and some Pitfall.. no hang on, even that's better than this. Oh well..

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what, Wario Ware is sh[/i]it or the DS?
ksilvert
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have both and can say each has their own advantages. The Audio/video functionality on the PSP is nice, but not really all that practical. As an MP3 player, it's too big and very basic at best. From a video perspective, it's a neat thing, but staring at a screen that size is not something I'd do very often...then there is the size of the video files....the memory sticks to put these on are way too expensive, hardly worth the effort. Then the naming convention etc......just not all that well laid out. All that to say that these features are cool, but I wouldn't use them as part of my buying decision. One thing to note though, all the PSP games seem to be about $10 cdn more expensive than the DS games.....Overall, system and game prices seem to be a little higher for the PSP.

Too me, what sets these apart are the available games (types of games) and the fact that the PSP is a more powerful system graphically and has available internet play for some games already. Honestly though, I like being able to close the DS up and throwing it into my backpack.....I don't handle my PSP the same...There are some nice things with the touch screen that make some things much easier....and to tell the truth, some of those touch screen games are alot of fun and make for an interesting experience. I like them both, each for their own reasons....right now the PSP is getting a bit more of my time though.
[MF]chilin_dude
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DaMunky @ Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:50 am wrote:
neckarb @ Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:00 pm wrote:
no of course it doesent but why buy a lotus when you can have a ferrari

DS=chick magnet
And being male... I know which I prefer... Very Happy

A very valid point!
DaMunky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't really dislike the psp all that much, it's a slick little system, but I'm a student and do not have a steady source of income, so I grabbed the DS because I like Nintendo's games better anyway. (HUZZAH for wario on crack!) Seriously tho, if I had that kind of money, I would get a psp also, but my wallet is already aching and I do need money for games after all.....when they come out that is Laughing.

Shady
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i like the ds much more because i love the games for gb and gba and the ds games seem to be just as good as the old ones. i'm still waiting for another load of games because there aren't too many out in my region (austria).

the psp seems to be able to do everything, but nothing really good. it is too big for mp3 player, too small for watching videos, too expensive for a portable,...

just bought polarium ds and having a great time with it (this game is the best example that graphics are not necessary, the gameplay makes a great game - and this sure is a great game)

p.s. sorry for my bad english Wink
ViErRi
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PSP I hate touch screens

SprkFade
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked @ Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:43 am wrote:
Nintendo needs better marketing - I just saw the new "minigames" ad on TV. It makes me want to laugh that I would pay $300 AU for a game where I spin a toilet roll? WTF IS GOING ON NINTENDO? STOP SMOKING CRACK.

Great reasoning... That's like saying "I hate the PSP cause I don't like playing Twisted Metal." I can understand not liking a system for it's line up of games, hardware, etc. But to dislike a system based on ONE mini game within a game is completly asinine. They are both great systems in their own ways but to each his own I suppose.

And about the advertising. Since when does advertising have any effect on the product itself? If you have a great product you don't need advertising. Look at XLink.

-Jameson
dubal-e
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nintendo Ds is not Graphically superior but it's definantly a better handheld by far. By the end of the year it'll support Online directly from Broadcom go to Broadcom.com for more info. Also it'll have the killer aps we have grown to love. Animal Crossing/ Mario Kart/ Goldeneye/ Metroid/and some additions like Nintendogs and Electoplankton to name a few to give you plenty of DS thrills. My reason for Ds being better for one is Load Times..I get a 20 min break at work so when i play my DS theres no time to spare for the extreamly long loading of the PSP. Reason 2 touch screen is just awesome and built in microphone is great also. Reason for touch screen is fun games like Segas Feel The Magic and Texas Holdem Poker game works well also Metroid is the shizznit while using the Touch Screen to look up and down switch weapons and jump. The microphone is great for games like electroplankton which lets you record your voice and make all sorts of funny songs and remixes. My final argument ...FOR NOW... is that the ds had 10 freakin hours of battery life. I can start playing a game. Close the system and hours later open it to continue at the exact spot i was last at. For handhelds it dont get no better then that. If i had to leave it plugged in always to power it then it wouldnt be a handheld now would it. Nintendo definantly knew what they were doing when they released this new handheld. Ds is better of the 2 but PSP is also a good system.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
re4p3r
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have a PSP and i do prefer it. 2 of my best friends both own DS's and they both said i was stupid for wanting a PSP and that it was shit etc.. but they have been playing it and now BOTH want a psp too. my point proven
Shadow_Dog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Me not like DS
baf1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Praxis @ Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am wrote:
As for the chick thing, a lot of people on other boards have mentioned how girls see the minigames and say, "oooh, let me try!" with the touch screen.
That has truly happened to me...and with more than one girl! Very Happy

...and just imagine when I pull out Nintendogs!

As for games for me, I want Mario Kart and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland...they're gonna be awesome to play online with ya'll! Very Happy

--

I think I'll get a PSP when an awesome, I-must-get-this-or-I-will-die-on-the-spot game comes out. Smile
earwig999
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DS for me all the way. 64 bit graphics in a handhold has gotta be good. Mintendo is always able to offer affordable gaming while Sony just rip us off. They should stick to making walkmans.
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3 words mario kart online!

[img]Image
DaMunky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

l3laze @ Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am wrote:
3 words mario kart online!
Agreed... mario kart owns... end of story. Cool I certainly wasn't happy to hear that metroid won't be online tho... Mad

Shadow_Dog
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*gets a spaz attack* ME NOT LIKE DS! ME NOT LIKE DS!
TPP27
Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the psp makes the ds look like a calculator.

xr8d.net
DaMunky
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TPP27 @ Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am wrote:
the psp makes the ds look like a calculator.
WELL! I take that as a personal insult! It's ok baby... *is playing whack-a-mole on graphing calculator*... Confused

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic