FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 GT4 no shows View next topic
View previous topic
HelixSix
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont understand, there are hundreds of people that put their name on the official gt4 players list, and I hardly see more than 3 online at a time in Kai. And the ones I do see online never come back on with the exception of about 10 people of which only about 4 are near my time zone. And the people I see in there arent even on the gt4 list.

What is wrong with these people, do they just give up after 2 minutes of sitting at the WFC screen with no clue why the game wont work? Are they too stupid to understand that a LAN setup is different than the net, or too lazy to read these forums on how to connect? Are they all just fakers that think they are good at gt4 and then get smoked when they get online and quit? Or are they just lairs that sign up on the list and are no shows.

Youd think there would be 50 people on at a time with leagues going and races all the time considering the popularity of this game. But I guess not.
-=tfi=-|Random|C
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Who knows, maybe they all own an XBox as well and sit in there because there is never anyone in the PS2 zone .. shame though, definately needs more people in there. As you said, most of the time its just people who can't connect, then you sit there for ages telling them, and helping them with the settings only to find they have one game and are never seen again Sad
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

alot of ps2 players arent familiar with tunneling at all, add to that the complexity of GT4's lan mode and its high ping sensitivity, and alot of people get scared of i'm affraid :/

it would be a different story if the game performed like any other ps2/xbox game over tunneling
MountainChicken
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hajaz @ Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 pm wrote:
alot of ps2 players arent familiar with tunneling at all, add to that the complexity of GT4's lan mode and its high ping sensitivity, and alot of people get scared of i'm affraid :/

it would be a different story if the game performed like any other ps2/xbox game over tunneling

this is so true. xbox games are so easy to use kai with, this gt4 deal is just a big pain. "hundreds" of people have their name on the list, but how many of them have it working?
HelixSix
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand that the tunneling aspect can seem difficult...but come on. All it takes is a page of reading to get everything about gt4 setup. And it is even easier when explained by somebody who knows what they are doing.

Im a guy who plays online games alot, but didnt know much about networking before I played gt4 on kai...and it didnt take long at all to get set up correctly. All you gotta do is read and listen to other people and not act like a twelve year old on speed.

Aside from the reasons I listed on my previous thread I think another factor might be the cost of networking supplies to get set up. But that shouldnt be a factor considering most ppl that play video games buy 50 dollar crap games all the time before even getting a good preview/review for them....so another 20-50 bucks shouldnt be anything considering their spending habits.

Other than that I just think people really suck at gt4. In all honesty I havent found a person from the west coast to central time zones that can beat me on a consistent basis....and I use a controller. I just played gt3 alot and learned how to maximize grip and take good lines...not that hard.
Now keep in mind im not saying Im a great racer...im just saying most everybody is just plain horrible and has no excuse playing a race sim.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic