FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 For those of you without the New Halo 2 Maps... View next topic
View previous topic
Vermillion
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If a host or someone in the party ask you to leave because you haven't installed the new maps, then please do so. You're only ruining the gaming experience by not leaving since the game will not load unless you have the maps and the host will have to go through the hastle of kicking people (if it's in a private arena).

Also if you notice a Private Arena has "New Maps" anywhere in it's description, make sure you have them installed before going in so you don't hold up other players.

If you can't figure out how to install the new maps, then I suggest you nicely ask someone in the main chat and I'm sure someone will help you out.

I'm getting sick and tired of going into a game and having the host load up a new map and getting a "A player in the party failed to load the map" and no one leaves. I've had this happen in private arenas too where it said "New Maps".

Be courteous to your fellow XLink Kai gamers and ask questions in a big Arena, like the Halo 2 Americas or Europe arena where there can be around 500 people to chat with. Someone should help you.

And those of you who do have the maps, please don't flame some n00b just because they don't have them. Be willing to help them out, because then they'll at least have them and we'll be seeing less of this problem.
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

same thing happened to me.. i was hosting new map game in the LAN. It says one of your player failed to load map" no one wants to own up they dont have the map and leave. it sucks.
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vermillion @ Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:34 pm wrote:
If a host or someone in the party ask you to leave because you haven't installed the new maps, then please do so. You're only ruining the gaming experience by not leaving since the game will not load unless you have the maps and the host will have to go through the hastle of kicking people (if it's in a private arena).

Also if you notice a Private Arena has "New Maps" anywhere in it's description, make sure you have them installed before going in so you don't hold up other players.

If you can't figure out how to install the new maps, then I suggest you nicely ask someone in the main chat and I'm sure someone will help you out.

I'm getting sick and tired of going into a game and having the host load up a new map and getting a "A player in the party failed to load the map" and no one leaves. I've had this happen in private arenas too where it said "New Maps".

Be courteous to your fellow XLink Kai gamers and ask questions in a big Arena, like the Halo 2 Americas or Europe arena where there can be around 500 people to chat with. Someone should help you.

And those of you who do have the maps, please don't flame some n00b just because they don't have them. Be willing to help them out, because then they'll at least have them and we'll be seeing less of this problem.

Let me just say that:

posting links of where to download any game update within the main arenas of the kai client will get you a ban.
Use the PM function.
asking where to get the maps, or pestering other kai users will not be tolerated.

If you have no modded xbox or XBl, you are going to have to wait for the disc that is due out.

If you want to learn more about xbox modding head over to xbox-scene.com

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk @ Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:23 pm wrote:

Let me just say that:

posting links of where to download any game update within the main arenas of the kai client will get you a ban.
Use the PM function.
asking where to get the maps, or pestering other kai users will not be tolerated.

If you have no modded xbox or XBl, you are going to have to wait for the disc that is due out.

I appologize if I said anything wrong duke_uk. I didn't realize the EULA extended into the chatting areas of Kai as well, especially since there have been numerous chat sessions in them about them. If you feel that my post is wrong and erroneous due to it being against the EULA, then please delete this post. I didn't mean to be wrong in my endeavors, I was just trying to be a good samaritan. Sad
eviltedi
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i agree about people without new maps leaving when asked to, i experienced this last night and they would not leave. the ones without new maps can be booted by the host tho.
Racer823
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For those of you who are still having problems installing the update pack,
here is a 'howto' that I quickly threw together, that may or may not help you out. Note that this is NOT a link for the update pack, just a readme file.

http://crystalstar.freeservers.com/archives/Racer823s_Halo2_MapPack_Howto_readme.txt

[SOME INFO REMOVED BY DFUNKED]

Sorry, that's all that I am allowed to give you! Wink
Aint gonna lead you to water but I can nod in the general direction (nodding).

Let's get everyone up to date. Please purchase the update when it actually comes out in June (If Bungie had it for sale now, I would have already bought it!)

Laughing Laughing

Peace
Racer823
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Vermillion @ Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:35 pm wrote:
duke_uk @ Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:23 pm wrote:

Let me just say that:

Use the PM function.

I appologize if I said anything wrong duke_uk. I didn't realize the EULA extended into the chatting areas of Kai as well, especially since there have been numerous chat sessions in them about them. If you feel that my post is wrong and erroneous due to it being against the EULA, then please delete this post. I didn't mean to be wrong in my endeavors, I was just trying to be a good samaritan. Sad

lol... my comments were ment as an add on to your post.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be a lot easier if you had a new arena for the new maps.

Last edited by XC on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
chardonnayii
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with XC

I have access to live, but too few friends there to create a custom party to play the new maps. I was looking into Xlink, but it seemed that all the private areans with new maps only had noone but the host there.
[_CK_]BrokenMan
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be easier if people could read the descriptions of peoples rooms

didint no so many people couldnt read

when its clearly stated

NEW MAPS!!!
MrMurder
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And for those of you out there like me who found the weapon balance fix update to be the biggest pile of horseshit from bungie to date there are other ways to play the maps with out screwing up the weapons balance.
Not that im bitter of course i mean why would i be they only turned the most balanced dual weild in halo 2 into something that couldnt kill a sick gnat and left the 00bie-wan Can00be sword just how it is.
Dont know about anyone else but that weapon fix killed my entire online experience of halo 2.
I wonder how they will screw halo 3 up hmmmmm maybe they will bring back chiron into the multiplayer WhoopdeF*****do.

Team BugStompers "We Endanger Species"

May Your MightyFist Shine SHINSHORYUKEN!!!!!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
[_CK_]BrokenMan
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

isnt halo 3 only ganne b story mode? and its ganna b called like halo 2.5 cause its not a full version

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
I highly doubt that seeing as halo 2 pretty much flooded the xboxlive service and generated big money for MS through the supscriptions!! Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic