FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Weird XBMC Problem View next topic
View previous topic
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just started using xbmc for kai because i'm changing around my entertainment system and my tv computer harddrive crashed , i don't want a computer hooked up to my tv anymore so i'm going to hook up 2 xbox's .. 1 to play games and 1 for kai / music .. anyway ..

i bought a usb keyboard and i have the PSO adapter, works fine but (here comes the problem) my friend and i noticed something weird with XBMC and the chat function .. i don't know if no one has noticed this before because no one uses the chat window but i noticed quite quick ..

what xbmc should do (and does sometimes, more on that later): join an arena , click over to chat , chat sez in orange letters "hicaow joins chat" then my friend joins and it says "dst-hc joins chat".. we can talk (hes using pc UI) .. on PC UI i appear left and right side.. this happens sometimes but ..

what xbmc does: i pick an arena and hit it , chat window says nothing , friend joins arena chat still says nothing .. hes in the arena as i can see him in xbmc .. he can see me in the PC kai on the left side but not on the right .. so we can't chat .. here comes the weird part .. i'm still in the last chat room i was in , ie main chat, or last game .. if my friend joins back into that chat room we can talk .. i really am in the game room tho as i can host a game and he can join it , i'm just not in the chat ..

what i've noticed is that this seems to happen (but not limited to) under the following conditions ..

A: the arena i'm joining is empty , as in no players and no sub arenas ..

B: no one has the chat window open in the arena i'm joining ..

C: the arena does NOT have a welcome message .. ie: no "Weplayhere.net ladder available for this game!!" message ..

i know this all sounds weird but try it , please someone else try this , join an arena in xbmc and then switch to chat and see if it says "youtag has joined chat" .. then join a different arena, check again .. join an empty arena and check .. kai has to say "yourtag has joined chat" before you can type ..

also my friend doesn't get any invites i send him .. i get his ..

i am using the newest kaistation (why is the download page a different version? :]) .. XBMC is fairly new, as in less than a month as i have the sounds and pm3 is the default skin .. getting newest one now to try it again ..

?

edit: when i get a sec later i'll also try it with the engine running on my pc ..

edit again: after some further investigation i'm almost positive its because of the no welcome message in the arena .. C on my list above :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tried it with the pc engine .. same thing .. did some testing .. loaded xbmc .. went into Misfits room , talked to boyle, he has me in his contact list , he could see me in all 3 places (left, right, contact list) .. in xbmc went to NHL Rivals arena .. loaded PC UI .. still chatting in Misfits room , contact list says NHL Rivals .. what the hell ?!

edit addon: ITS NOT JUST ME!! wee i'm not crazy! .. i had some others test it and it everyone can do what is now called the "ninja trick" .. huge bug ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

runtime ? .. see anything ?

dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll check this out tonight, but I imagine these problems are limited to kaiStation users.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i tried it both kaistation and not .. same thing .. TripleThreat doesn't use kaistation and he can do the same thing ..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic