FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 GCARS-CS , any news? View next topic
View previous topic
trueman
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello to all, i am waiting since months, weeks and days for a beta from GCARS-CS, does anyone know when it will arrive?
I know the page http://www.geocities.com/fuzziqer_software/index.htm and i know that some people are ate beta testing, but please can someone post any results of the program here?

Thx
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

trueman @ wrote:
Hello to all, i am waiting since months, weeks and days for a beta from GCARS-CS, does anyone know when it will arrive?
I know the page http://www.geocities.com/fuzziqer_software/index.htm and i know that some people are ate beta testing, but please can someone post any results of the program here?

Thx

Sure. I'm a beta tester, so I can tell you what's going on.

Diffuse and I have played a couple successful games of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle over GCARS-CS, so it is working somewhat. Unfortunately, there are still some major bugs. Some of these are: desync problems (on my screen I was winning, on his screen I was just running into a wall), crashes (booting it with Samson's bootloader results in the Green Screen of Death when you start a ControlSim game), and features that need to be added (right now there can only be one local player; there is some talk of increasing that).

I can't give a release date (we don't know, so anything we could give would just be a wild guess), and some of us (including me) have finals and need to study, but rest assured, we are going as fast as we can.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

How would one go about joining the beta program, with a view to testing Kai compatibility?

TD
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy @ wrote:
Hi,

How would one go about joining the beta program, with a view to testing Kai compatibility?

TD

AFAIK Fuzziqer isn't accepting any more testers, however, if you want to ask him, register at the Team GX Forums, and PM him there.

I have briefly tested ControlSim with Kai, and in Kai Diagnostics everything appeared to be okay. When I tried to play an actual game, I ran into the Green Screen of Death on the GameCube (a bug for which a workaround has since been found). I haven't tested it with Kai since, because we're more worried about fixing bugs than verifying that it works with Kai.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds resonable. I probably dont need to test it then - if it showed in diag. in Kai, it's going to work anyway Smile

TD
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you confirm it working on Kai, we would be happy to provide whatever arena structure you guys want, and we would appoint a couple of moderators of sharpeners choosing to keep an eye on things. We would be pleased to provide anything you need for it - it's shaping up to be a very, very impressive piece of work imo.

TD
djveeman
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

im trying to test it right now
but
i need someone to test it with Rolling Eyes
l3laze
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy @ Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am wrote:
If you confirm it working on Kai, we would be happy to provide whatever arena structure you guys want, and we would appoint a couple of moderators of sharpeners choosing to keep an eye on things. We would be pleased to provide anything you need for it - it's shaping up to be a very, very impressive piece of work imo.

TD

ill see if he will make an exception with you td Smile i am a beta tester too and if we could test it would make life easier Razz

[img]Image
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

djveeman @ wrote:
im trying to test it right now
but
i need someone to test it with Rolling Eyes

I would have tested with you, but I just switched computers last weekend and my new laptop doesn't work with Kai yet . . . I need to go buy a cross cable. Once I get that I'll be able to test.
sharpener
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can add some people to the GCARS-CS group, if needed.
fireblood
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you need me to test or help it ok.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN MessengerICQ Number

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic