FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Forza Motorsport RETAIL Headset support View next topic
View previous topic
Few
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Evening gentlemen,i know that the subject has been covered before,but it was a month ago or so and i heard something that might interest some of you.Some guys the other day were talking about headset support in the retail version of Forza (i'm always talkin about sys-link here)and that it works.Now,i dont want to to start a marathon of debates,i'm saying what i heard.Now about the "pre-release" vers. of Forza:I found strange that while in-game,if you go to the audio options THERE IS the option for headsets output but STILL no-go....What i mean is that many games that don't support headsets on sys-link,they don't have options for it while in the (sys-link) menus-correct me please if i am wrong.It might be all bullsh't but i'll still give it a try.have a good day ya guys
[SaD]TizzO
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well who has the retail version to test this..?

Killing peeps since '03
EyemUrXtc
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol... so funny how all of us taht play it are like.. hmm.. i dunno if mines retail or not. lol.. I sure as heck know mine isn't .. mines PAL too. lol. could it also be a wierd glitch thing liek wiht halo2 and the having to be in host mode to hear others besides the host?.. best way is to probayl test it on a real system-link set up.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello guys,nice to see some replies already.Anyways,try to rent the game or something or maybe finding a vers. that is actually the retail one (obviously).It may also be a glitch as u mentioned.Its all theory ,i know but the best way in finding out is trying,SO lets give it a friggin' try and whoever finds anything will be appreciated for posting back.See ya fellas Surprised

PS: some people with the PAL "pre-release" vers. mentioned some problems/bugs-maybe that's it-maybe it really is a vers. problem...
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Remeber to always try these things in all of the test arenas in Special interest, and to *always set the host to 'Hosting' in Kai, and the joiners to joining*. Don't try to be clever and set everyone as host - that just stops you from actually finding the right mode for it.

You will find that it works in one of those, if it's going to work at all..

TD
Juicers
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it feels wierd playing a sys link game and not being able to talk to the other players. i have forza motorsports too but the main reason i dont play it is because theres no comunicating. it would be cool if they came out with an update or somthing.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juicers @ wrote:
it feels wierd playing a sys link game and not being able to talk to the other players. i have forza motorsports too but the main reason i dont play it is because theres no comunicating. it would be cool if they came out with an update or somthing.

If you are in a clan, someone could set up a server as long as a few of you are near your pc.. you could use TeamSpeak for comms, works great.

You can be 30feet away if you use a bluetooth headset (cell phone headset).

If you are in a SVC game.. just ask us for our teamspeak server and you can chat with us during the game.

Just an option.. and a repost of the same info from the other topic. Will look into the version thing myself but i think its Live only support which has been done in games before this one.. like PGR

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds good, i didnt know that at all. once i saw there was no talking i was turned off. but the next time im playing forza il keep an eye out for an svc host. (ps- cool sig)

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Few @ wrote:
I found strange that while in-game,if you go to the audio options THERE IS the option for headsets output but STILL no-go....What i mean is that many games that don't support headsets on sys-link,they don't have options for it while in the (sys-link) menus-correct me please if i am wrong.It might be all bullsh't but i'll still give it a try.

I agree. It's bull that they programmed it that way. But i just got around to testing it and while the option is obviously there like you state.. there is NO system link support for voice... LIVE only. Too bad, but there are workarounds. NTSC version tested and discounted.

thanks juicers. I would have been on tonight, but i had to watch a movie Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok guys,from what it seems it was all a bunch of crap.At least we tried,thanx Coldfusion for the testing mate .Take care guys and it's been nice seeing kind people like u not starting the usual flaming and stuff...Have a nice day gents-what a great community Very Happy
fuct
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have retail ntsc and i cant seem to speak...i guessing from wat i read its only live correct.....to badd,i would be talking to much about you are in the dust anyways...correct me if i am wrong ..would love to speak...tried unpluggin headset muting everything but no indications
Kaotic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fuct @ wrote:
i have retail ntsc and i cant seem to speak...i guessing from wat i read its only live correct.....to badd,i would be talking to much about you are in the dust anyways...correct me if i am wrong ..would love to speak...tried unpluggin headset muting everything but no indications

Like Koldfuzion stated in his earlier post. SVC when hosting uses teamspeak which works really well. If you see an SVC host up in forza and you have teamspeak close enough to your comp or even have a bluetooth headset you can hop on our dedicated teamspeak server and chat with us while racing.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic