FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Easy way to kick cheaters... View next topic
View previous topic
Sobee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys, the other day this idea dawned on me, it's quite simple too, so i'm sure some of you may have already thought of it? When hosting a room, just put a password on the room, but put the password in your room description. For instance, in Halo 2, I would create a room, put a password on it, and in the description put something like: "Halo 2 Team Games, PW= go". This prevents people from just going into "Americas" and entering your room, thus their XTag not showing up in your room. Everyone entering would be able to enter, just put in the password, and this way you would be able to keep track of all who come into your room, and easily find cheaters and trainer users, and be able to boot/ban them if they don't want to leave. Kind of a good idea, now that i think about it....look for my rooms if you guys are online!

Jonnybravo
the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

good intentions....but unnecessary for the pw & stuff.

create a room, and toggle Arena View until you see kai tags and their pings. everyone who enters your room will be listed, minus yourself. if you open the kai screen fully, you will see your kai tag on the right pane.

the reason why these dont match is due to users on XBMC (they only run the Kai engine on their pc or router and run the Kai screen in the XBMC dashboard).

Sobee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One, I know what you're saying, but that only works if the people are actually IN your arena. Take Halo 2 for instance. If i'm hosting an arena, I can only see the names of the people who actually come INTO my room. If anyone just goes into "Americas" and joins my game from their Xbox, I will not see their name appear in my namelist in my room. This is usually what hackers and trainer-users do. At least in my experience with them. And then you have to ask them to leave, and then they start getting rude and saying no i'm not leaving you gotta kick me hahaha, cuz they know you can't....it's so lame....
the:one-xr
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

then if that is the case, create an arena and you have full control.

/me thinks there will be some more control coming w/ Evo8 so the above can be a temp fix for now. then you can be "the master of your domain"

Razz

Sobee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds great!!! I can't wait, I actually prefer Kai to Xbox Live anyway....everybody complains about the Lag, but if you connect to a game that has a host with a good upload, and the pings are low in the room, you shouldn't have any problems. I can't wait for Kai 8!!! *Mouth salivating*
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Um, I think I finally read this topic the right way. Are you saying that even if you have a private arena, when people join the halo2 americas arena without entering your PRIVATE arena, they can still join your game?

Sir, I do believe this is incorrect. People must actually join your arena to enter your game, so they would end up showing on the list of kai tags regardless. Everyone shows up on the ping list, but only people with the opened kai chat will show on the kai tag list on the right. You are "Master of Your Domain" when you set up a private arena whether it's password protected or not. Wink It's just a matter of finding the people who use whack ass in game names that don't match the kai tags. Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic