FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Proposed new signup procedure View next topic
View previous topic
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You know, I would have put this to a vote - if it weren't for the fact that so many people read the front page news, then just post on the end of here without reading the rest of it. The idea has changed a number of times in these 13 pages - and yet people are still posting "I would never get an invite because I dont know anyone".

I'm not having a go at them - I probably wouldn't read all 13 pages myself, but it does mean that no vote will take place.

TD
-=OC_Obie
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i agree,

we should all be showing respect that we even have a say in this matter,

many other people may have just forced the changes and said like it or lup it,

but TD and the team, gave us the chanc t discuss and potentially change it..

Also, outlaw, i dont htink losing your rag and swearing is gonna make things any better as you have just shown the childishness that you where so quickl to defend.

solely, people do change, they shoot and cheer,
the get shot and swear,,

it's life..

But there is a limit, and repeated swearing means your either REALLY crap at a game, or just an arsehole.

Still though reading further up about a more in depth user banning system seems better but not the full answer.

it would litterally make people's ip address's EASILY accesible and so if your an arse you'd probably ed up gettin ghacked let alone banned,

Limitation is the key, But how aout an automatic system,, people have a simple warning system , and after "X" ammount of warnings they are banned for "Z" ammount of hours.. after "Y" ammount of warnigns they are banned for "Z" ammount of days.. etc etc..

Then Room hosts (only) could issue a warning, and all bans would show on a list accesible by admins (for checking)
But the bans would be automatic,

This way ifsomeone was an arse and they got banned from a room, they would now they where on the edge and would hopefully learn from there ways, and not be an arse in future rooms.

Well hopefully y'all up on a little algebra and not too confused,

but regardless, i know wether it be the masses or the admins that decide the final route, kai evo 8 will be the ultimate tunneling system

[MF]Outlaw
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well of course people read the front page... it's the main page, but I see your point, most people aren't paitent enough to read through all the pages but there has got to be some kind of medium other than forums... I know there are tons of players that have never posted 1 message in the forums. Much less read any

_Jo-E_
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is an idea

Leave it up to the host of the game to be able to kick people and ban people.

But, when the ban people, have it give a list of reasons WHY they banned them,

A) Cheating
B) Being annoying
C) Just because

Then we can have the program develop a "Black List" (yes, just like back in the 1940's) Everyone can view the list, and be able to add those banned people to thier baned list IF THEY WANT TO.

If one person gets banned for 'A) Cheating' from so many servers, say 10, the admins and mods can look into it and decide whether or not to ban him/her from Kai.

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well i know im just lucky enough to have started reading this thread from page 1....and have contiuned to read every page. I have followed this process very closely, because if it goes to invite system only, I out of all the friends i play with online with kai might have just the edge to be invited - and with that invite help a few friends out that are good clean players to the system.

and dont forget some hosts ban people from arenas because of their ping, nothing else - just to keep the game running.

Last edited by dbldown768 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
SlapShot
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

hicaow @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:22 am wrote:
i play hockey 3 or 4 times a week with real people in a real arena on real ice and you should hear the rasist remarks to the "with out papers" on my team, hell the one guys name is "brick layer" ..

fucking Canucks always gotta bring it back to hockey eh Wink

I grew up playing hockey in Quebec in a league where I was probably the only English speaking kid. You develop pretty thick skin after a decade or so of verbal abuse.

Cheaters piss me off (I'll leave the game pronto) but if some twerp is making a nuisance of themselves verbally I just hit the mute button on the TV. problem solved.
[MF]Kain
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

-=OC_Outlaw @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm wrote:
No of course the don't owe us anything, however the people of the community's opinion does matter because they are waht makes this work. Without a community beneth it Xlink is nothing more than another piece of software floating on the net, and would get soon forgotten.

Dude I totally agree that the community is what makes xlink great. Like i said TX has always valued the end users input. Im reffering to the people that show up and post something to the effect of:
"this is lame, you cant do that!! The userbase will shrink! I'll go to xbc!"

Its people like that who drive me crazy. The well thought out constructive opinions are great but the demands and the out right rage that TX would do anything that might temporarliy inconvenience people is what gets me.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Jo-E_ @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:43 am wrote:
Here is an idea

Leave it up to the host of the game to be able to kick people and ban people.

But, when the ban people, have it give a list of reasons WHY they banned them,

A) Cheating
B) Being annoying
C) Just because

Then we can have the program develop a "Black List" (yes, just like back in the 1940's) Everyone can view the list, and be able to add those banned people to thier baned list IF THEY WANT TO.

If one person gets banned for 'A) Cheating' from so many servers, say 10, the admins and mods can look into it and decide whether or not to ban him/her from Kai.

Thats exactly what I was talking about, and that exactly what XBC does!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also posted something like this on the bottom of page 12
_Jo-E_
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's just one more thing I would like to say.

This is still free software, the admin's do not have to listen to our thoughts, but they are, and I really appreciate that. We can't take that for granted. They could make the software so only them and their 4 buddies can play on it. And they probably waste a hell-of-a-lot of time trying to get the software to where everyone can be happy, We all know that can't happen. But, what ever they decide to do, I'll stand behind them on it, simply because I don't have to spend a dime.

But I have always be a fighter for the little guy, the horse that is destined to lose, the football team that's supposed to get murdered. It's the whole reason why I made my clan, who reason why I'm in this thread. The invite system didn't seem fair, the point system didn't seem fair.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ on that note, well put btw .. ok if i lock this thread till the new news is posted ?

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, wow..some interesting reading here.

Lets rebuild the community. get rid of the hackers/cheats/pests and those racist people we dont want here.

TD, im all for staring fresh with just the team members involved, and taking it from there. I know its easy for me to say this.

Yeah we go from having a database of 200k down to 25, but im pretty sure that we can build on the foundations and make this into something that we all want.

Many are called, few are chosen.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oh i see .. you had to sneak in a response eh duke :].. welcome back friend :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
DK.SwiftTank
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

-=OC_Outlaw @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm wrote:
I believe the term is innocent until proven guilty.

Then Why do they hold you until you're proved innocent, or bonded from jail? Come on now, everyone with half a mind knows that it's quite the opposite. It's almost always guilty until proven innocent. There are very few occurances in history that show differently.

taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm going to unlock this thread, looks like some of the mods still have things to say on the subject, and its only right that everyone should still be able to give input.
Krevnik
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you. Personally, I kinda like the idea, although I see a couple things that would need to be addressed (not by code, per se) when moving over.

1) I would definitely like to see a Wasteland type area for those who are unsponsored to at least be able to play. This gives people something to do while waiting to be sponsored, or to try out the service.

2) I think feedback is a better form of moderation than going straight to temp ban/removal, if users are going to be self-moderating. By requiring some sort of consensus and reasoning behind the temp ban, it reduces the chance of abuse, but also still catches those who are causing problems.

3) Be careful about the initial selection beyond the obvious group (Team, Mods)... this will actually shape the rest of the community quite a bit. If the initial group is too XBox-centric, it will take quite awhile for the PS2/PSP communities to regrow. The same goes for games too... too many Ridge Racer players in the first group of PSP owners will cause the other PSP games to stagnate for awhile. Quite simply, for healthy growth to occur, you have to find people from all over the spectrum to form the inital gaming community that will grow it in the future. This is my biggest concern, especially when I am finally having fun with games like Coded Arms with some good people and players... and not so much worry that I won't get in, but that it will take awhile to get in because the community grows slowly from 1 main sponsor.
TA_Superman
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

_Jo-E_ wrote:
But I have always be a fighter for the little guy, the horse that is destined to lose, the football team that's supposed to get murdered. It's the whole reason why I made my clan, who reason why I'm in this thread.

Is that why DZ still only has 3 members that suck? LOL j/k Razz

I like the individual host controlling who plays in their games. If you don't like someone playing in your game just perm ban them (with some way of reversing it too) and they can't get back in ever again. That way we don't need a great amount of moderator intervention but its also not open to abuse where people are locked out completely for no reason.

heatvent
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I'm required to make friends?? I don't want friends. I want to play online. I have friends. Ones that I can see, call up, go have a beer with. I don't want to give my personal info to some potential psychopath on Xlink just so I can play. Especially if there is XBC. I'll go there. That is what nobody at Xlink seems to be getting a grip on. It's not like there isn't another free online tunneling solution. You can sit here and preach why Xlink is so high and mighty and why XBC is full of such losers, but the fact is, the average person doesn't give a rats ass about you self worthiness. WE JUST WANT TO PLAY AND IF YOU F#!@ WITH THAT AND MAKE IT COMPLICATED, WE WILL GO ELSEWHERE AND PLAY! WE ARE NOT HERE FOR FRIENDS, WE ARE NOT HERE TO BE BETTER THAN THE PEOPLE ON XBC, WE ARE HERE TO PLAY ONLINE HALO...IT'S THAT SIMPLE, SO KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

quiksilva @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:17 am wrote:
dgrams2000 @ Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:05 am wrote:
I haven't been on XLink for 6 months, and I actually had to create another username just to post this!

Im not a regular user on this system... I get into it in phases.
One month I'll play alot... then I may not play for a few months after
that.

I understand the site moderators wanting to crack down on the issues they are having, but I'm sad that us occasional users that only come one to have a good time once and awhile are getting the shaft here.

I've logged Many Many hours on XLink and I honestly can say, I dont know 1 person personally on this system.

Hopefully something can be done where we all can get a chance, and that we don't have to 'know someone' to get in.. or I am screwed.

If it really goes down like this, THEDADDY, this request goes out to you. Please email me at the address you have on my file here.. I want to be your friend! I love this system and would even pay a minimal fee to use it occasionally throughout the year. I'll take you out to dinner.. walk your dog... whatever it takes... PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! Smile

Signed,
a SAD gamer that can see a dim light fading out at the end of the tunnel....

dgrams2000

Reach out and try and strike up a friendship in game man why not? Online gaming isnt just about the games its the people you play with too.

Use the headset for something other than trash talk or at least do the same using the chat function in the UI.

Please dont take it personal Im just trying to illustrate a point Wink
heatvent
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I WILL QUOTE ANY WAY I LIKE. I WILL ALSO COMPARE XBC AND XLINK. I HAVE AN XBOX AND I LIKE TO PLAY ONLINE, SO I HAVE THREE CHOICES XBC, XLINK OR LIVE. I WILL PLAY ON WHICHEVER I CHOSE AFTER COMPARING THEM. XLINK COMPARES THEMSELVES TO XBC AND LIVE ALL THE TIME.

P.S. I DO PLAY ON XBC, AND DON'T CARE IF YOU CARE.

Kamiyay @ Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:00 pm wrote:
@heatvent: Ok, first off I have no idea why you quoted me. If you think I am "The Daddy" you are sadly mistaken. Also I dont play XBC.

Secondly a double post isn't necessary (see the edit button for more details).

Quote:
I sit here and read the article, the comments, the forum debate

Thirdly, if you had read the comments and forum debate you would realize that they dont care if we lose user base (I dont either for that matter - less lag for me) ALSO comparing Kai to XBC is totally dumb. As stated before (If you had read at least the admins comments or The Daddys comments in this thread) they are not XBC so there is no use in comparing the two.

So go to XBC...why should we care...
heatvent
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

APPARENTLY THE DADDY, KAI, AND PEOPLE WHO ARE FOR THIS STUPID SUGGESTION DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT GUY. WHY SHOULD THEY AS LONG AS THE DATABASE GETS CLEANSED.

_Jo-E_ @ Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:21 pm wrote:
what happens to the guy that always just jumped in games on Kai from time to time, none of his buddies play with him.... no one knows him... how does he get an invite? Confused

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic