FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 2wire firewall won't turn off, xbmc can't get internet View next topic
View previous topic
mlapaglia
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have the latest xbmc on my xbox, and its connected to a 2wire gateway/firewall connected to yahoo dsl. When i plug my xbox in and tell xbmc to boot up in dhcp mode, it gets the ip address 68.73.144.42
now the firewall's ip is 192.168.1.254
my two computers on dhcp get 192.168.1.65 and 64.
i can connect to the http server in xbmc through the address is gets assigned.
when i run xbmc in static, with the ip set to 192.168.1.60, i can connect to it through http server as well.
when i try to get xbmc to connect to kai, it won't run. i've gone through several tut's to no avail.

i cannot for the love of myself get the firewall to turn off. there is no button on the page to turn it off. i've tried getting help with the 2wire manufacturer. but no help.

someone help please. i've just upgraded from 28.8k dialup to 3.0mbit dsl. i'm not too well aquainted with firewalls.

edit: also, i have used kai on a computer connected to the xbox and it works great.
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for the late post, but as soon as I saw 2Wire, I knew I could help. Since I, myself, have a 2Wire gateway modem, I don't need to have the firewall to be turned off because it works perfectly fine with it on. I think the problem is just a matter of your connection. Maybe even the Config Tool could be the case, just check and find out. Although, I don't think you can turn off the hardware firewall in the modem. You can, however, put it in DMZ mode (allowing all ports to be forwarded), yet this is very unsafe for the average internet surfer.

If you want to put it in DMZ mode, follow my steps to help guide you:

1. Go to the modem's homepage. (Right-click the 2Wire Icon on the taskbar)
2. Select Firewall at the top.
3. Select Firewall settings at the sub-menu.
4. Hope you remember your password because here is where you put it. Click Submit.
5. On Option #1, select the computer you wish to allow to be placed in DMZ mode. (In this case, your PC)
6. At the very bottom, bubble in the circle "Allow all applications (DMZplus mode".
7. Then click "Done" at the bottom right.

Great. Your computer is now open to all trojans and worms!! Just kidding, but I say that as a warning because this is dangerous. If the problem still persists, we can always try a different route. Let me know Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic