FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Cant detect Xbox's & have no idea why.Had no problems be View next topic
View previous topic
Electronut
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been kicking my ass for days. I haven't played online in a while. I was very active with KAI on a wireless setup. Have WGT624 Wireless Netgear router and WG511T NIC Laptop card. 2 Xbox's connected wirelessly. One with Logitec wireless game adapter and the other with Netgear Wireless game adapter. Both worked fine in the past On Kai with this setup.

Getting back into the grove playing online and all that works for me is XBC (getting disconnects frequently however using my laptop wireless bridge with crossover cable to Xbox) which I don't like. KAI I can't get to work for the life of me and I never had any problems. I know about networking to a good degree but not good enough it seems Sad

I have port forwarding taking care and network can be reached with KAI but the Network card can't be locked on laptop running the UI. I do see all the network cards listed on the laptops UI. I see arenas and all users but can't lock on anything. Console continues to not be found. Tried both of my Xbox's which have good and valid MAC addy's.

Even forgetting the wireless setup just to be sure I hardwired everything. PC and Xbox to router and ran KAI UI and Engine on PC. No console found in the UI here either while in system link game looking for game. No NIC cards identified here either. Just option to auto lock or not. Yes I Installed the registry patch too. Something is wrong that the Xbox's cant be detected on my network no matter how I configure and I just don't know what else to do. Firewall which is ZoneAlarm was modified correctly and even shut down to be sure and still no luck. I also tried ticking and unticking the invalid NIC card setting in the UI.

I am at wits end with KAI. WHat else can I try to get my Xbox's detected so I can get back online? I even uninstalled and reinstalled KAI on both machines. I really haven't made any changes to my network and don't know what else to do.
Electronut
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Noone? Dfunked? Anyone please.

Thanks.
Electronut
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well...I have determined the problem on my own. Apparently the Kai software installed on my hardwired PC running W2K Pro is not recognizing my Broadcom NIC.

Doesn't matter what setup I have in the config. Either running the engine for wireless setup or for normal configuration with engine and UI (hardwired).

I tried rolling back the drivers for the Broadcom NIC and that didn't help. I do have the latest driver for my Asus board direct from the Broadcom website dated April 2005. Never had a problem running any clients.

I have a dual boot system and have the exact same driver on my WXP Pro partition. I installed Kai on that drive and I configured it no problem where both Xbox's were seen and Network reachable for both wired and wireless setups. Was able to get online to play no problem.

I tried completely unistalling KAI again on my W2K install. Even went into the registry and deleted anything that had remnents of Xlink KAI to be safe. Reinstalled and still doesn't see the NIC.

What could be the problem here? Can't be that KAI is not compatable with W2K Pro because I had it working on the same rig before. I want this going on my W2K boot partition because that's what I normally have booted on my PC for every day use.

Any help appreciated Mods.

Thanks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic