FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XLink and XBMC View next topic
View previous topic
xconvert
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

will there ever be a XBMC that will incorporate XLinKai server and client in one so that more than one XBox can connect from behind one router. Or am I dreaming.

Another thing, is it possible to have a private local server for a private XBox party or do we always have to use a centralized server?

TIA
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

xconvert @ Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 pm wrote:
will there ever be a XBMC that will incorporate XLinKai server and client in one so that more than one XBox can connect from behind one router. Or am I dreaming.

Good question. Well the answer is no, and this is because you can only run the UI from the Xbox (Reasons are beyond me). However, you may be able to install Kaistation on your WRT54G router so you won't have to use a PC. That way, you may take your Xbox and router anywhere without needing a PC to choose your games and so forth. Maybe the engine and the UI will be able to both simultaneously be able to run from the Xbox, but as of now, we can only rely on the UI on the Xbox.

xconvert @ Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 pm wrote:
Another thing, is it possible to have a private local server for a private XBox party or do we always have to use a centralized server?

Unless you're able to make your own personal tunneling service, then no. But I'm sure it shouldn't be any trouble connecting to Kai with another party. Just know your upload speed and how many people you are willing (or able) to host.

XxJustBlazexX

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic