FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC + Kai Yes I Read the Guide. ALOT! View next topic
View previous topic
TheBigBentley
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay Im not sure what im doing wrong. I read the guide a million times and double checked my settings a trillion time. I can play kai with my pc just fine but the xbmc kai cant fnd the kai enngine. In XBMC I tried putting in my engin ip and it still wont connect(yes i tried leaving it blank as well). one thing i dont understand is why in the options for my programs under kai where you input the ip it just doesnt match right. if lets say my ip is 69.205.1.241 xbmc only allows me to put it in as 69.20.51.241 as you can see the decimal places are way off but i cant change that. So please if someone could help me id really apreciate it!
PS Im using a linksys EZXS55W workgroup switch.
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well first, I'd like to welcome you to the Forums TheBigBentley!!

What you want to do is check with the network settings on your dashboard. If the connection between your PC and Xbox runs across a gateway, then set it in DHCP, if not, then set it in Static. From there, you'll most likely find the right IP address to fit into the engine ip area.

TheBigBentley wrote:
one thing i dont understand is why in the options for my programs under kai where you input the ip it just doesnt match right. if lets say my ip is 69.205.1.241 xbmc only allows me to put it in as 69.20.51.241 as you can see the decimal places are way off but i cant change that

BTW, I've experienced that in the past and it was a mystery to me as well. I guess I just tweaked some settings and it just worked again. Try to do the same. Maybe your settings influence the denied imput for the Engine IP.
TheBigBentley
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I guess this actually may be part of my problem so ill explain what i am now trying to do. Just to give you a reason why im now thinking about this i found a caller id script for xbmc and tested it out. it works great IF i have a static IP however my isp is not static its dynamic so my xbox ip is constantly changing. Myabe if i could get my xbox setup with a static ip it would help narrow down the problem. Unfortunatly i appear to be an idiot when it comes to setting this up. If I set all my options to static my xbox cant reach the internet and either can my pc but i can ftp to it. is there a way to set this up maybe using a second configuration. I found a "Alternate configuration" setting under TCP/IP and set a ip for my pc and gave a static ip on my xbox with the gateway set as my pc ip. but no luck. im getting really lost with all this networking stuff. Sad
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever heard of setting up ICS? This should give you the sufficient internet connectivity also with the ability to leave your xbox in static. Seems fair, right?

XxJustBlazexX
TroCon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been having a lot of trouble getting my kai set up to run from xbmc. It runs fine off of my pc, but despite all my settings it has yet to work off my xbox. I've read all the guides and I have changed all the settings. I leave the kai engine on, from my pc and still to no avail.

-This is the message I get "the service is not connected, would you like to attempt reconnecting it with xbmc?" y/n
-Hitting yes will only bring the message back up.
All my other online oriented programs run fine from within xbmc: ie weather, radio, etc...

Turning the firewall on/off does nothing.
I'm connected through a wireless router: Linksys WRT54GS

Any help would be appreciated.
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TroCon @ Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:04 pm wrote:
I've been having a lot of trouble getting my kai set up to run from xbmc. It runs fine off of my pc, but despite all my settings it has yet to work off my xbox. I've read all the guides and I have changed all the settings. I leave the kai engine on, from my pc and still to no avail.

-This is the message I get "the service is not connected, would you like to attempt reconnecting it with xbmc?" y/n
-Hitting yes will only bring the message back up.
All my other online oriented programs run fine from within xbmc: ie weather, radio, etc...

Turning the firewall on/off does nothing.
I'm connected through a wireless router: Linksys WRT54GS

Any help would be appreciated.

The reason why your "service is not connected" is because of the settings on your Xbox for Kai. Recheck the Engine IP settings because this may be the cause of why you can't get connected, considering that only the engine is running on the PC.

Settings > My Programs > XLink Kai

XxJustBlazexX
TroCon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The reason why your "service is not connected" is because of the settings on your Xbox for Kai. Recheck the Engine IP settings because this may be the cause of why you can't get connected, considering that only the engine is running on the PC.

Engine IP settings are correct in xbox kai settings and the engine is running on the pc. Is there any other setting that might cause this?
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TroCon @ Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:48 pm wrote:
Quote:

Engine IP settings are correct in xbox kai settings and the engine is running on the pc. Is there any other setting that might cause this?

Well, are you behind a router/hub/switch of some sort? Any of these other circumstances will change the probability of your Engine IP, so you might just have to test and test for the right one.

XxJustBlazexX

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic