What System Are U Going To Get Xbox360 or Ps3 ? View next topic
View previous topic
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

unknown51a @ Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:39 am wrote:
I think I'll just get the revolution

Haha, I'd probably go for that too. But between the Xbox360 and the PS3? Hmm.....I think I'd go for the PS3. The reason is because many critics have been saying that it was a bad decision for the Xbox 360 to come in so early this year and not wait 'til the the PS3 comes out. When I watched this on G4, it was clear that PS3 has slightly better graphics than the Xbox360. BTW, I already got a taste of Xbox360 with my modded xbox. Razz
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

unknown51a @ Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:39 am wrote:
I think I'll just get the revolution

Haha, I'd probably go for that too. But between the Xbox360 and the PS3? Hmm.....I think I'd go for the PS3. The reason is because many critics have been saying that it was a bad decision for the Xbox 360 to come in so early this year and not wait 'til the the PS3 comes out. When I watched this on G4, it was clear that PS3 has slightly better graphics than the Xbox360. BTW, I already got a taste of Xbox360 with my modded xbox. Razz

XxJustBlazexX
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dy-namo @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:16 am wrote:
imo the only thing that was holding back ps2 was hardware power. Next gen i think m$ is going to get owned cause Ps3 is going to have the power + huge library of games.

XxJustBlazexX @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:10 pm wrote:
Hmm.....I think I'd go for the PS3. The reason is because many critics have been saying that it was a bad decision for the Xbox 360 to come in so early this year and not wait 'til the the PS3 comes out. When I watched this on G4, it was clear that PS3 has slightly better graphics than the Xbox360. BTW, I already got a taste of Xbox360 with my modded xbox. Razz

edit: its like "seesaw" when it come to next gen console, you gotta judge it for yourself. don't take noones word. specially this time around. if u can afford it, get both, specially the gap is about 2 years X360<>PS3, so i'm sure most of you (or all) can save up lots.

just saw this
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/

also mentioned here
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEkVVpZAEFEdsSFNGL.php

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GET BOTH Cool
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[tHc]St0rmShad0w @ Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:17 am wrote:
GET BOTH Cool

damn right, brother!! That's what I've been trying to tell them!!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Defo xbox 360 but not on relese will wait for price to drop amongst other things Very Happy
sycho
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ohh man not this again, this console is better then this because it has this power with that power, please people you are being blinded from the real truth what makes a machine great? its defenitly NOT POWER or better hardeware at ALL its games like HALO, Shenmue, Mario, Metal slug and other brilliant games, if you look at the picture in black and white xbox was way more powerfull then the ps2 in geeky sense with the mhz this and function this that the average person will NEVER use, but did you see any difference in graphics.... NOPE they look identical playing san andreas on the box then on the PS2 maybe loading time slightly improved, what you need is a brilliant games and non of this malarcy MHz this Giga pflops that, HALO 3, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and DOA4 but then again you will have tekken, gran turismo and metal gear on the PS3 side, so no matter what you say about one machine being better than the other if you really want to enjoy all the great games you have no choice but purchasing all three of them, iam gonn get my x360 just before the ps3 comes out since then it will be the major price cut on it and later on after i smerk you people on halo3 i probably will get the ps3 and then the nintendo if i can afford it. Very Happy
snakeofsolid
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what do u mean get both, thats over 900 dollars worth of stuff!! MANY ppl cant afford that much, and whats wrong with teh PS2s online? its free unlike xbox live.
MeanPoohB
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Theres no question about it, Im getting both. On the Revolution subject, Nintendo has lost their minds, its going to be a failure like the Gamecube which I own.
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be getting an Xbox 360 ( Of course )

As for the PS3..well, i`ll wait and see, if i can afford it, then sure why not.

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk @ Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:47 pm wrote:
I will be getting an Xbox 360 ( Of course )

As for the PS3..well, i`ll wait and see, if i can afford it, then sure why not.
you better get your broadband first Laughing
MeanPoohB @ Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:41 pm wrote:
Nintendo has lost their minds, its going to be a failure like the Gamecube which I own.
same here, that why i'm gonna hold of my cash this time, though i think the new pad will be very interesting. even just to play one game, considering i ONLY bought the GC just to play Resident Evil. Smile

here's a example of bad marketing by Microsoft, they're been too honest by stabbing themselves
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11619

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Hehehe Red man, you dont half love that PS3 man... does it not bother you that for almost every game which is made available on all 3 platforms, the PS3 ports will be *by far the slowest, poorest, old-gen looking* because they only have 1 core? If the rumours about the Revolution being dual PPC core are true, does it not bother you that a Nintendo console will have *double your performance for multiplatform games* Very Happy??

I find this whole next-gen thing a real interesting topic - imo the winner is the machine which runs cross platform games best - in this case, the 360, because coders will target N-processor symmetric PPC platforms... and y'all PS3 kids only got 1.. they wont use the SPE units - because it's too much like hard work:/

TD Wink
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lol, see for me i don't really care which console is better, i normally buy the console soon as i see an "exclusive" game i want to play. if i have to buy a console just to play ONE game i want to play, i will. Razz

anyway regarding to multi-core, i know it's too early to say even now which console is better and so on, don't forget the PS3 has 7 SPE cores (whatever that is Laughing ) but not sure what you mean by "hard work". if you mean the SDK then, i'm sure for programmers like your self, doesn't really matter which is eaier and which isn't, as wherever there is market you will make games for that consoles, if you have enough member then you or your company then obviously make it multi platform to cash-in. Very Happy anyway, Gears of War for 360 only using 1 core at the moment Shocked Confused

Sony has way more 3rd party dev signed up then Microsoft. Though MS is trying. Nintendo don't need no 3rd party support as thier in-house games are 1st class Wink

There are also rumours that Sony will announce their "on-line" service, maybe a LIVE rip-off, but for free. so they can take the M$ customers. but they may announce something after the X360 is released.

i can go on, and on all day... Razz

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
you better get your broadband first Laughing

Red, its all on my big list!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm gonna get both.. both will have crazy exclusives that I won't miss.
Nerix
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm getting the Xbox 360 bacause it's much better than the PS3. Sorry, I just like Microsoft better than Sony.

And come on, people! Halo 3 is going to be there when the PS3 releases!!! I mean, seriously, what would you rather get, Halo 3 or PS3? Smile
Braddock
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PS 3 ofcourse Cool halo 3 pfffff didnt even like the first two
Hajaz
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the thing that bothers me is that sony is puling the same hype bs as they did with ps2 launch.
how much playable footage have we seen of ps3? none.
theyre spreading all this bs about ps3 beeing more powerfull, along with som prerendered shit, and the main media are buying into it.
emotions.. hairs.. toy story... blahblah blah

you wouldnt believe how man of my casual gamer friends actually believe ps3 will be twice as powerfull as 360 and plan to wait for it...

Funny thing is ps3 wont look better at all. its got a bloody current pc gpu, thats already available now (geforce 7800 core). How is that "next gen"?

360 on the other hand has a compeletly new gpu design thats actually got alot features in it that are nearing wfg2.0/dx10/sm4.0 specs, yet people write it off as "xbox1.5"

aaargh.
[MG]ScienidE
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ashton305 @ Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:03 am wrote:
I don't mean to be a hater but i'm going with the xbox360 because i find the xbox platform way better than the sony (except the psp) plus it's better grapics, better online play, and also it's just better all around.

360 for sure...

the top games i like are xbox only titles and their succesors will also be xbox only....

I dont want to play the ps2 only titles.. in generally they suck Smile

With kind regards
Marco

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic