FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Kirby Air Ride! looking for players View next topic
View previous topic
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been looking for players to play this as its my favorite gamecube game to play. My best friend down the street has it,but with his bandwith capped at 384, we have yet to play a game that didnt have less than 120 ping. I know kirby is very bandwidth intensive, so its hard to find players. My upload on my dsl is 512 and I live in Arlington Texas in the US. If anyone is interested in attempting to get a game goin let me know.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

xjustsumloserx wrote:
I have been looking for players to play this as its my favorite gamecube game to play. My best friend down the street has it,but with his bandwith capped at 384, we have yet to play a game that didnt have less than 120 ping. I know kirby is very bandwidth intensive, so its hard to find players. My upload on my dsl is 512 and I live in Arlington Texas in the US. If anyone is interested in attempting to get a game goin let me know.

Ping latency and bandwidth aren't really related very much. I have 128kb/s of upload bandwidth, and my ping latency to a friend who lives a couple miles away is around 42ms. If you have a 120ms ping to your friend who lives down the street, that's very unusual. Maybe something else is causing your latency to go up; possibly someone was doing a lot of heavy downloading or something?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Shine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I WANT TO PLAAAAY!! Razz
I have looking for years after someone who playes Kirby Air Ride online.
Add me on XLink. Then we play.
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ive added you. though you are pretty far away, so not too sure how it would work.

actully i was looking at it,, and my ping is actully 31-34 with him. is this a normal ping for our distance? is there anything else we could do to reduce this ping?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

xjustsumloserx wrote:
ive added you. though you are pretty far away, so not too sure how it would work.

actully i was looking at it,, and my ping is actully 31-34 with him. is this a normal ping for our distance? is there anything else we could do to reduce this ping?

That's fairly normal if you're on different ISP's. A friend who has the same ISP as me has a ping with me of around 19-25ms.

How to reduce ping? Make sure that no other programs are using your Internet connection, because that will add latency. That won't make a huge difference, though. The only real way to significantly reduce ping is to switch ISP's so that you're on the same ISP as your opponent. I know that's not possible for everyone.

Now, a ping of 31-34ms should actually be fairly good for playing GameCube games with Kai. I know KAR is much more bandwidth-intensive than MK:DD, but even so, 256kb/s should be sufficient, if I remember correctly. And MK:DD plays at nearly 60fps even with a ping of 40ms or so, and it's playable at at least 80ms. So there's a good chance that KAR will work okay with the ping you currently have. The only way to find out is to try. Smile
RCyclone777
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be more then happy to play KAR, so feel free to add me. Smile
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well while we are both in a arena and actully *playing* the game what should the speed in kb/s be in the client. While we play it normally says it is 8-9kb/s, is this normal?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

xjustsumloserx wrote:
well while we are both in a arena and actully *playing* the game what should the speed in kb/s be in the client. While we play it normally says it is 8-9kb/s, is this normal?

Maybe you're confused between kilobits per second (kb/s, lowercase b) and kilobytes per second (kB/s, uppercase B). Computers (and probably Kai) will normally tell you kB/s, because that's how they think, but your ISP will probably rate its speed in kb/s, because the numbers are bigger. 1kB/s = 8kb/s. So 8-9kB/s would be about 64-72kb/s. That's not very much, and I'm a bit surprised KAR would use that little. But I've never played KAR online, so I don't know what's normal there.
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

with games such as DD, how much does that one use?
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

xjustsumloserx wrote:
with games such as DD, how much does that one use?

I really don't know. I've only played MK:DD on Warp Pipe (although I'd use Kai if I were to play now), but my games were very laggy due to ping. I've never had a full-speed game of MK:DD, so I don't know what bandwidth one would use. I have heard, however, that 128kb/s is fine for MK:DD.
geister2367
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i will play any of y'all

my aim is geister2367

my email is mlggamer@yahoo.com

email me or w/e to setup a game
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ill try, though i gave up in KAR online. untill internet connections recieve a cheap and efficient boost this game is pratically unplayable. but drop me a line on AIM

my SN is
xjustsumloserx

id be glad to play a game, or attempt it.
jkjk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need 256k up to play. I have 800k up and looking to host this and MKDD sometime. We should plan a time this weekend or next. I'm in NY.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic