FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Small Tutorial on Updating your XBMC Xkai Game list. View next topic
View previous topic
MARIOmanLUIGI
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I've been wondering for a while how to add new games to the games list. But I solved my problem pretty quickly and decided to share what I found out with all those people who also want the new games to show up in their XBMC lists.

So I started looking around the XBMC files, until I ran into a file named "kai-vectors.xml" in the root directory. I opened up the file with Notepad. There I found a list of all the games currently in my list. So I wanted to add "Moto GP 3" and "Rainbow Six 3 - Lockdown".

So the basic template for the coding is.

<title id="0X________">
<vector>*******************************</vector>
</title>

Note: You gotta replace "___________" with the XBE ID. You gotta replace the "************" with the Xkai Arena Directory of the game. So here is an example for Rainbow Six 3 - Lockdown.

<title id="0X55530048">
<vector>Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Rainbow Six 3 - Lockdown</vector>
</title>

I know you all are wondering how to figure out the XBE ID. There are different ways of doing it. You can go to the UDATA or TDATA, kinda forgot which, but I'd place my bets on UDATA. And search through the folders and try to figure which game is which XBE ID. Or you can do it the easy way, or atleast the way I did it, which was using "Craxtion4's game save manager" function which reads your Xbox's UDATA/TDATA and lists all gamesaves on your system along with the XBE ID.

Now that you have the XBE ID, you simply replace the "________" with it.

OH, one important thing when it comes to the XKai Arena Directory. <vector>Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Rainbow Six 3 - Lockdown</vector>
NOTE: The game name must be spelled EXACTLY the same way it shows up on XLink Kai Evolution 7 when you use it on your PC or MAC or whatever you use. For example if you use "Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/RainbowSix3-Lockdown" instead of "Arena/XBox/First Person Shooter/Rainbow Six 3 - Lockdown". Then you won't connect to the right arena, even though the game is listed on XBMC.

Once you have generated the right parameters for the code, you simple added it to "kai-vectors.xml" save it and FTP it to the XBMC root directory, then you should be set.

nJoy!! Very Happy
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the tip..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can also get the game ID etc. from the UnleashX dashboard if I'm not mistaken...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic