FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC locks up when entering KAI UI View next topic
View previous topic
deasel
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I have this strange problem with XBMC locking up in like 8 in 10 times when starting the KAI user interface. That means, it does not always happen but still too often. I have to completely turn off the Xbox and restart it. My pal has the same problem with XBMC's KAI UI locking up the whole system pretty often.

Maybe this has something to do with NAT and port forwarding? I'm behind a Linksys router and forwarded port 30000 for UDP. However, in the config file of KAI (on the PC), there were two more entries about ports, one for the UI and one for the Orbital server (what is this Orbital server thing anyway?). I do have played already sucessfully on KAI though, so I doubt it's a port problem.

Anyway, do I have to open these two ports, too? And if so, only for TCP/UDP or both? I am also downloading the latest CVS build of XBMC right now, maybe this will fix the issue, my version is about a month old.

Any help appreciated, cause right now it's almost unusable with XBMC crashing so bad.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try turning off the Kai Notifications in XBMC .. also shut off the Xbox Autodetect option in XBMC .. how new is your XBMC ?

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
ffrank
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been having the same problems.. Tonight I tested with my bro. We both turned off notifications and xbox auto detect and didnt seem to notice a difference.

I did notice it seems to happen most when enabling/disabling voice chat, and entering kai once already connected from the home screen and my programs menu.

Most of the time my bro's xbox would freeze at the same time. He is using a 9/30 CVS build and I'm using a 10/03 CVS build. Port forwarding was setup on both of our routers tonight as well.

We've both been having these problems for months now. All of the other people I've added as friends who use XBMC have the same results. I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned more around here. No problems whatsoever once we're in the game.
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You seem to have the same problem as in these posts:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12184

There is also a post on SourceForge's site:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1230079&group_id=87054&atid=581838

It doesn't look like there is a solution currently. Who knows? Maybe if enough of us are reporting it?

-Int15
RIMJOBHIMSELF
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i and all my frienda have the problem to... it frezzes and its very annoying.. i guess people havent reported this so much cuz most of us have msn or yahoo and its seldom u are in messenger mode when someone wants to talk.. i have only used this when it was an apointment to be there.. and it freezes as often.. very annoying..

to bad actually- since it could be kinda cool when useing xbmc as skype or so on- when watching media in xbmc..

http://rimmers.forumup.se

[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya i have this problem sometimes as well .. i find that if i don't touch my controller until the little kai icon appears fully in the bottom corner it doesn't freeze as much .. lets head over to xboxmediacenter.com and the xbox-scene.com forums and make these same posts ..

i haven't seen runtime around in awhile so maybe hes no longer working on the kai part of xbmc, which if true is to bad as it has some bugs that need to be fixed (chat rooms, and this freezing thing) ..

EDIT : made a post about this and another bug over at xbmc.com .. http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?s=fd4ef790b0cb7286f807843d4beef408;act=ST;f=3;t=16682

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Last edited by [tHc]hicaow on Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will need to contact jmarshall I believe - he is leading the current round of code problems.

As ever, when approaching a large code crew, be sure to document your bug correctly before explaining it to them - including a recipe for recreating it, and information for the developers to get a kaiEngine running incase they dont have one already.

TD
Puma81
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jmarshall quit. I was the one who was updating the kai vectors for the auto launch feature for the games and so was Die-Hard. Due to recent dickhead events from the project managers you wont see much going on there Im sure. Sorry......
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been happening for a while now.

You can take a look at this thread on XBMC's forums.

I also logged a bug on their SourceForge project here.

Please feel free to update with your comments. Maybe if enough people request it, this issue will get more attention.

-Int15
Nonny_0Z
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool.. I am glad I am not the only one.

This was happening to me continually last night trying to connect to a friend, even just for a chat in the friends tab before starting a game.

Every time it happened I had already authenticated and received the notification message that pops up, I am running the very latest CVS build from 2 days ago... 07-11-05. My friends build is about 2 months old, its the last build actually before they added DVD menu support.

We could chat for a while but every so often it would hang and require the xbox to be rebooted. Tried about 20 times in the end but same thing, the fact we did manage to chat even just for a short time is something.

At least its logged.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic