FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 pc connected to wireless bridge -> xbox hardwired View next topic
View previous topic
jhr1948
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

before you flame, be aware i have tried searching the forums for wireless bridge to pc with no luck. all i see on the forums is wireless network cards.

i know i have kai configured correctly. when i have my pc "physically" wired to my router and my xbox also "physically" wired to my router i can see system link games and can play them w/success.

note:i say "physically" wired b/c my network engineer friend corrects me when i refer to the wireless bridge as being "wireless" and not "hardwired", which he goes on to tell me that the computer IS "hardwired" w/a wireless bridge. he's very technical when it comes to networking.

recently my wife suggested i move the pc from the living room to another room. i have a spare wireless bridge d-link DWL-G810 that i am not using at the time. my friend, the network engineer, swears up and down that the wireless bridge will work (i told him that wireless and kai don't seem to mix from all i've read over the year). he explained to me, in terms that are way over my head, that it should work. so just to satisfy him i plugged the wireless dlink bridge to pc and left the xbox hardwired to the xbox. i do get network reachable and my xbox is detected, but there are no games on my system link.

once again, before you flame be aware i have tried searching the forums for wireless bridge to pc with no luck. all i see on the forums is wireless network cards. i've seen all about promiscuous mode, i think my friend told me he had almost the same bridge as i do except his is b and not g, and he swears up and down that he can run sniffers etc... meaning it does have promiscuous mode. anyway, if someone can shed some light so i can explain to my friend why it doesn't work, please respond.
jhr1948
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi all
no one can help me w/this? maybe it was too wordy and no one wanted to read.

oh well, i'll keep checking

thanks

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic