FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Fridays Update where and when? View next topic
View previous topic
Archalien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well its Friday Im west coast America (late time zone)and dont see anything about the new release???

Is it still coming?

Sorry to sound ignorant but I couldnt get on site all week, I thought it was down due to new release only to find out today that I needed to refresh my dynamic ip, for some reason the site was being blocked while using my old ip????? any tips on this would be helpful too.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
3xodus
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure there'll be a news post on the TeamXLink.co.uk news page as soon as the update is live - and remember that Kai updates itself wehen you run it, you don't need to seperately download anything. So it dosen't matter so much if you miss a news post.

I'm sure it'll be released as soon as TD's happy with it Smile

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hehe..

just like halo..... don't rush the counter
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha ha i love it

that was the best answer ever taz

thanks for the laugh

Archalien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How can I tell which version I have, or if its been updated?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How can you tell?? Well, if you're using Kai, you're using the most uptodate one Very Happy .. simple as that ..

And yeah - im still on the job - most things are in, im just fighting with multi-UI-auto-update and WET11 xlation... the rest is sweet - and it rocks Wink

TD
Archalien
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

still no post to the news, some information would be nice on the delay- I cant hold my breath much longer Shocked
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Archalien wrote:
still no post to the news, some information would be nice on the delay- I cant hold my breath much longer Shocked

Deadline slips are a unfortionate reality, i'm sure it will get done asap, but we will have to wait until its done.

I would expect that it will be next weekend now, as work comitments will have to come first... after all ya gotta pay da bills.

we will update you on more news as it happens, but for now, please be patient it will be released soon.
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah, so it wasn't updated? Will we know when it's updated since it's an autoupdate. Will we notice the updates visually or is it more of a behind the scenes update that focuses more on stability and other non visual stuff.

DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Both

You will see kai update when you start it, and you will also see some diffrances in the UI.

After it updates of course Smile

boxo-XR
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:
How can you tell?? Well, if you're using Kai, you're using the most uptodate one Very Happy .. simple as that ..

TD

TD: Thanks for making it so damn easy when it comes to "uptodate".
That really is taken for granted.
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hehe remember Friday lands on the same day this week so lets all hope for the best!

Laughing

3xodus
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out the news, it gives some info on the update Smile

Just hope TD dosen't drink too much Laughing

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

3xodus wrote:

Amazing update Smile

Wireless support Shocked Couldnt belive that one!

And voice chat in the arenas Surprised

In fact! Its all good Laughing Just hope team Ava implement some features to the dash ;P

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm getting my beep!!!! woohooo!!!
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hehe

Just so no one has to ask, expect the updates to come tomorrow.

Some stuff i would consider a good excuse came up and it has nothing to do with the pub Smile

I don't know if he wants it public or not so i will let him fill you in tomorrow.

You can hold out, just a little longer..... lol

Halo-2
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

THIS IS AWSOME and on the front page of the main site!

Quote:
Kai Update Looms!

Hi,

We've made a few changes to Kai over the last few weeks, and I'm just about to start updating XLink's distributed filesystem with the new components (actually I'm about to go to the pub - but if I'm capable when I get back, I'll do it then). Read on to see whats changed since before.

> Arena performance improvements - This one is pretty involved. Before, even when you were playing, other users in your arena who were looking for games would generate traffic which you received - and if there were a few of them, it could generate lag. What happens now, is that when you are playing and your status changes to 'busy', you will no longer receive broadcast traffic from other users. This would be great, apart from some games where people can join once the game is in progress - obviously if you're playing and 'busy', nobody else will see your game. In this case, it's crucial that you set your arena status to 'Hosting' - so the kaiEngine will know to allow broadcast traffic through.

> Multi-UI Update / Switching - You'll notice a couple of new bits in kaiConfig - most notably a choice of ui. For now, only default is available - but I'll merge in the kaiKart component and a few more as time goes by.

> Wireless / WET11 Translation - Yep, finally got it in. Simple set up the MAC partnerships in kaiConfig, and play as normal. Thanks for everyones patience with this one.

> Arena Favourites - A mechanism whereby you can mark arenas as 'Favourite' - allowing you to check how many people / private arenas are in them without leaving your current arena.

> XBox homebrew DHCP Toggle - XBox dashes were being confused when they got 10.252.X.Y IP addresses - this is now turned off by default (you can turn it back on in kaiConfig). Remember - you DO NOT NEED IT to use a dash as a kaiUI - it's only for legacy homebrew stuff like XPort Emulators etc.

> Remodelled Chat - The chat window has been sexed up a little, with colours and a friends filter - which when enabled will make everyones chat light grey, apart from people on your contact list, who will be black. You can also turn on a little bell sound to indicate someone entering / leaving an arena, as well as saving / clearing chat with the little buttons on the top right.

> Language Translation - This is pretty awesome. Say you're in a chat room with a lot of foreign speaking users. The game looks *awesome* but you dont know how to ask if you can join. Now you just choose 'English -> Spanish' from the dropdown and type your chat messages in English. They will appear in the chat window in Spanish!

> Arena Content - Each arena can now hook into its own specific web-content - shown in a small embedded web-browser in Kai. To begin with, content is gonna be pretty sparse - non-existent maybe - but we will link in the existing ladders, as well as some pretty funky new stuff over the coming weeks.

> Invites - Invite someone from your messenger contact list into your current arena.

> Speex in Arena - Implemented at last, but I decided to limit who you can talk to in Arenas to people on your contact list. Seriously - if we just opened it up for everyone, millions of people would start bitching about how 'badly Kai lags' - because they undoubtedely had like 300 speex connections open at the same time. This should allow people to get what they need from Kai's voice support, without confusing everyone else.

> Numerous UI Fixes - The infamous 'Raf's List Of UI Stuff' is about 70% done - some recommendations were just too much for this update.

> Lots of other stuff - I never remember exactly what I've changed - I know, I should make a changelog or something - but thats pretty pointless really - it would just make all the crap you've just read 3 times as long, and much more boring...

So, there's the latest - I'm backpacking in Peru for a month as of Friday, so I hope nothing goes badly wrong Wink Expect more good news when I get back, including a couple of juicy announcements for modded Xbox users and our growing Gamecube userbase Smile

TD

Posted by TheDaddy on Tuesday 27 July, 2004

--------------

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3xodus wrote:

Tad late Halo-2 Wink
Halo-2
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

guess i thought he meant check back here 4 news.........well atleast now............no i guess that it was my mistake.....Laughing Embarassed

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Congratulations to TeXLink and partner, best of luck Wink

( teamxlink.co.uk Wink )

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic