FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Updating XBMC View next topic
View previous topic
djseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey all, I need a little basic help. Everytime I try to update XBMC, it just doesn't go right. I have a 1.6, and I used the Auto Installer 1.0 to format my 300 Gig drive. I've downloaded a bunch of updates, unrar and moved the entire XMBC older via FTP to my C volume, where my old one was, but no luck. Now, maybe I should just stay where I am, cause. everything works fine. But there are some updates I would like in the new versions. So what's the dilly? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the advice.
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
What do you mean by:
Quote:
Everytime I try to update XBMC, it just doesn't go right.
?

I found that I sometimes need to boot another dash (evox) to clean install XBMC. Otherwise some files are in use and can not be updated.
Also, keep in mind that your bios needs to know where to look for the dash. With the latest X2s config live, it's pretty easy since you only need to change a text file as opposed to reflashing.

-Int15
djseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I get everything from black screen/red type saying fatal error string etc... to now I get a flash of the XBMC logo then black and never loads. I've gotten the update to install and work but it's quirky: I scroll down the menu on front page to settings, do something in there, then when I go back all the menu items are "my files" Crazy stuf like that. I have an Xecuter 3, with a variety of Bios'. After I update the XBMC, I go into "customize startup" and choose XBMC as the deault dash and select the preferred boot drive which is C and still always issues. I should say that I download the new XBMC and then FTP the contents to my C folder after I delete my old XBMC. I don't do any other proceedures.
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "black screen/red type saying fatal error string" problem is generally caused by a mal-formed XboxMediaCenter.xml document.
Probably an opening or closing tag missing.
Try to open it in Internet Explorer by double-clicking it. If it opens, the problem is somewhere else. Otherwise, IE will tell you what line/character is causing the problem.

-Int15

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic