View previous topic
SKUNKWORKS
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1.Is your network reachable? Yes
2 .Are you using a port-forward? yes
3. Is your console being detected? No. but yes if i go infastructure
4. Brief description of your network setup ):Surfboard cable modem motorola SB4200 connected to linksys wrt54gs connected to pc hardwire
5. Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? windows firewall disabled. for Kai .
6. Operating System? win XP home not sure ? SP pack
7. Problem description? See below! ! question? must I have kai firmware ver to make this router work with no wireless card?

COPY AND PASTE CONTENTS OF kaiUserConfig.txt HERE

[KaiUserConfig]

kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=ALL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=ON
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=ON
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

My network is reachable. but only if I go into arena mode 1st. Then go back to diagnoses then it says reachable.

1 gig processor, 768 ram windows XP home
I am pretty sure I have port forwarded my router. under the menu gaming, then it has its own screen for it. and I also put 30000 in the config screen of kai.

I dont think its seeing my PSP correctly . It doesnt see PSP when Im in UMD mode on PSP . but if I go to network settings and into testing my connection thru Ifrastructure, Kai sees it and shows PSP detecting and configed correctly. But when I goto arenas no games found when I shearch

My cable modem is a Mtorola SB4200 thru earthlink broadband, it is connected thru ethernet cord to Linksys wireless router WRT54GS, which in turn is connected to PC using ethernet cord. No other wireless devices are connected to router, it was bought for the soul purpose of providing connection for PSP.

Firewall is the one provided by win XP home software. I have it turn off to try this . I have norton antivirus system works 2003 pro ed.

Since I have the card that Kai has posted as the only router that can connect PSP directly to Kai thru router, Is that only by installing new firm ware? I have firmware ver2.07.1 does the boot_ wait work with my version, or do I need to get early ver, I m afraid to do firmware upgrader in fear of hurting my router. I have downloaded ddwrtpsp2d . It is the new firware correct? could I call manufacture and have them walk me thru those steps. if not please explain best procedure. I've read five days worth of sticky and posts . I still cant fix . games I own Ridge racer an untold legends. HELP PLEASE ! I just wanna play some PSP . Could u aplly links to answers of my question, if applicable.The router company linksys says something about needing a static Ip address assigned to it . Is this correct for this model wrt54gs. do I need that ?
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Use your router with your PSP and Kai (Updated)
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8757

Kai's PSP Connection Guide - READ ME FIRST!
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5649

Compatible Network Cards for PSP and Kai - UPDATED
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11469

PSP Community
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

The answers are out there. Just look.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic