FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC chat problem *revisited* View next topic
View previous topic
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

k i brought this up a few months ago with not much reply .. so here we go again ..

the chat in XBMC is messed up .. i took pics this time ..

ok .. notice how hicaow is on the left side of that window and not on the right.. now the next 2 pics..

see how the room is there and clearly says 2 people are in it, one being hicaow .. see how hicaow is only on the right .. this is what XBMC does, it does not join all the chat rooms .. sometimes it helps when u load the PC UI and open the chat side of it , sometimes not .. i can still play games but i can't chat to people in the correct arena .. someone please try this , load xbmc and skip around in kai to different chat rooms, if it doesn't say (in my case) "hicaow has joined chat" , your not in the chat ..

another good test is to join a chat room and if it doesn't say "joined chat" load up your PC UI and have a look where u are , its weird .. i had a few others try this awhile back with the same results .. WRT engine, PC engine , doesn't make a difference ..

runtime please please please have a look at this , i bought a USB keyboard and its hit or miss if i can use or not ..

heres another pic .. see hicaow in my friends list is in R16Mobbed and in kai i'm clearly not ..

[img]http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hicaow41yx.jpg[/img]

EDIT : c2-hc is me (hicaow) .. different computers + crazyD is the one playing PD .. :]

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Last edited by [tHc]hicaow on Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hicaow, just a wild guess, but could this be related?
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hmm .. not really .. i did have that voice problem tho, haven't tried it in awhile ..

EDIT: Int15 can u check your chat ? jump on kai right now .. i'm on .. try joining empty arenas .. i sorta think it has something to do with the welcome message on the arena ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, thanks.
By the way, I had the same problem you're having, but since I'm not really using the chat I didn't really bother investigating. Sorry.

Note: I found that by switching back to the PC engine, the voice problem is partly solved due to the fact that it keeps the communication open even after a reboot. But the fact remains that if you deactivate Voice then reactivate it, it still crashes.

-Int15
Int15
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry hicaow, I just saw your edit. We can try next time we're both online? Or next time I have a contact online that uses the PC UI.

-Int15

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic